10-25-2016 12:07 PM
417 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Gave Target a call today (Menifee,CA) and Target Mobile said they are allowing trades for a Galaxy S7 (Loaner) and will be able to trade that phone in for a new Note 7 when available. I am going in this Friday and see if that's true.

Will update on Friday.
    Gsxr151 likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:11 PM
    The Target we got our phones from didn't seem to have a clue. Said they don't do loaners, we'd have to give the gift card back, and we need to contact Sprint for the exchange. Both Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate) said we need to return to Target. At this point we'll just wait it out and check again in a week.
    Gsxr151 likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:52 PM
    The Target we got our phones from didn't seem to have a clue. Said they don't do loaners, we'd have to give the gift card back, and we need to contact Sprint for the exchange. Both Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate) said we need to return to Target. At this point we'll just wait it out and check again in a week.
    Do you have another Target in your area? It doesn't have to be returned to the one you bought it at.
    09-07-2016 10:03 PM
    Do you have another Target in your area? It doesn't have to be returned to the one you bought it at.
    Yeah, I thought they may be picky about that so I didn't call any others. I'll give it a try tomorrow though, thanks!
    09-07-2016 10:26 PM
    I did a chat with ATT to confirm that they will handle exchanges from Target. As with everything else in life, it's not simple. At first, they said I should go to the point of purchase which got me angry. I explained that both Samsung and Target have told me that ATT is handling the exchanges. She reiterated that I should go to Target first but then said that ATT will handle if Target will not. BUT, she said that ATT is requiring that taxes be paid on the phone at the time of exchange which is very annoying because their system does not allow them to refund the taxes from the Target purchase. She then said the taxes will be credited back to me at some other time. I find this to be irritating and unfair to the customer. It makes me want to just return the phone. While I understand these logistical issues arise, they need to figure out a way to keep the customer out of it.
    09-08-2016 09:38 AM
    Really sucks the different experiences. I returned mine, I didn't exchange so maybe that's why. Mine could not have been easier. Target rep did the return with ATT over the phone, then took me to customer service to refund my taxes back to my Target card. I just logged into my AT&T account and see they credited me back my first month's payment for the phones and my upgrades have already been reset.
    09-08-2016 09:45 AM
    If I had a back up this probably would be returned by now. If the iphone 7 was available today, I probably would return too. The thought of exchange for a lesser phone doesn't work. If I return, I have no phone. I could grab something cheap on CL or something but it's such a PIA to set these phones up etc. Had hoped that exchanges would be ready to go by now but it doesn't look like that is the case. I may just suck it up and return and preorder an Iphone 7 tonight. Then grab a cheapie for a week. Ugh.
    09-08-2016 10:04 AM
    If I had a back up this probably would be returned by now. If the iphone 7 was available today, I probably would return too. The thought of exchange for a lesser phone doesn't work. If I return, I have no phone. I could grab something cheap on CL or something but it's such a PIA to set these phones up etc. Had hoped that exchanges would be ready to go by now but it doesn't look like that is the case. I may just suck it up and return and preorder an Iphone 7 tonight. Then grab a cheapie for a week. Ugh.
    I still have my old phone an s6 I could go back to. I'm just afraid if I return it now it will be quite awhile before I get a replacement. I will get one much quicker waiting and exchanging when they are available.
    09-08-2016 10:11 AM
    I still have my old phone an s6 I could go back to. I'm just afraid if I return it now it will be quite awhile before I get a replacement. I will get one much quicker waiting and exchanging when they are available.
    yes this is the route everyone should go, i am going to wait also until target gets more in stock and just exchange for the new note 7 (hopefully i can get a black one)
    09-08-2016 11:47 AM
    Target and every single other retailer who sold these phones is bound by federal law to return recalled devices. If they refuse ask them if they want you to put cpsc on speaker phone for them while you file a violation complaint.

This is a federal law, not a store policy. They have zero say whether they will or wont return the device.
    Nope. The recall is still voluntary, and fcc is mad because Samsung isn't going through official channels. They aren't actually required to do anything.
    09-08-2016 12:21 PM
    The $200 trade in is yours for selling them your old phone. They can't return that, so you keep that. The $100 they want back, IF you are not immediatly purchasing another phone. But, you can probably ask for the store manager (not mobile manager, we don't have that authority, irritatingly) to let you keep it
    09-08-2016 12:26 PM
    I am a Mobile Lead for Target. Our boss said we are to get the $100 gift card back per Target policy. And technically we don't have the authority to change that. But if you ask to speak to a store (not mobile) manager, they will generally let you keep it.
    09-08-2016 12:33 PM
    Yes
    09-08-2016 12:35 PM
    Yes
    thanks for your insider help, can we exchange for a different color note 7? i was only given the silver option when i pre-ordered

also, hit "quote" to answer someone's reply
    09-08-2016 12:38 PM
    The return period has been extended for the Notes (we don't have a firm end date on that yet) but the other rules still apply. Only one exchange, and $100 gift card needs to be returned if you are not exchanging right away. My advice is to use a cheap phone until new ones are in stock, and then do exchange.
    09-08-2016 12:39 PM
    Target has extended the return period for Note 7s
    09-08-2016 12:41 PM
    Yes. They need to be returned. The kiosk will be reprimanded for not checking for all accessories, or making sure phone is not physically damaged.
    09-08-2016 12:43 PM
    They won't do it. They are insisting phone must be returned where it was purchased.
    09-08-2016 12:44 PM
    The return period has been extended for the Notes (we don't have a firm end date on that yet) but the other rules still apply. Only one exchange, and $100 gift card needs to be returned if you are not exchanging right away. My advice is to use a cheap phone until new ones are in stock, and then do exchange.
    when are the new note 7 coming in?
    09-08-2016 12:45 PM
    This is very helpful GRMRSAN1. It's weird because Samsung is directing everyone to their carriers for an exchange. ATT in response is directing me to Target. Samsung is adamant that the carriers are handling this. Do you really feel good that Target will be swapping these out? Because right now, I am at my wits end with everyone (not Target) over the confusion. Confusion last weekend was understandable but confusion a week later is not. Your inside info is much appreciated.
    09-08-2016 12:46 PM
    No, they have a special policy for gift cards. They are turned in seperatly go security. It's annoying, but we get ALOT of gift card fraud based on phone sales. Personally, if you complain (nicely lol) to a STORE manager, not mobile (they don't have the authority) you can probably get the gift card back.
    09-08-2016 12:47 PM
    She's wrong. I WORK there, and haven't been able to do a return because my cord is damaged. Since the recall is still voluntary, they don't HAVE to do anything :-/
    09-08-2016 12:54 PM
    He needs to read his emails better. That is not even close to what they said!
    09-08-2016 12:57 PM
    Yes, IF another option is available at that particukar Target. Noone is getting blue :-( and with some carriers there is only one color choice.
    09-08-2016 01:01 PM
    We don't know yet. Hopefully in the next week or so.
    09-08-2016 01:02 PM
417 ... 56789 ...