Target Note 7 Recall Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for those who bought from Target only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Any one get any official statement from Target yet? I'm still confused since my ATT text says come to them directly. Seems like we can cut Target out of the loop. I have a Target with an ATT store right next to it. Even though I'm keeping my N7 until I can get a replacement, I may stop by and see what they have to say.

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Chatted with an AT&T rep today and was told it definitely had to be returned through the point of sale, so it has to be through Target. I'm just going to wait until mid next week and go to Target. I doubt they will have great info today.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Chatted with an AT&T rep today and was told it definitely had to be returned through the point of sale, so it has to be through Target. I'm just going to wait until mid next week and go to Target. I doubt they will have great info today.
So weird since the ATT text doesn't say anything about this. I'm sure my local target is clueless.

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Today is my last day to return; called late last night and, of course, Target Mobile rep said to call Samsung. So frustrating.

Did anyone else do the trade-in gift card bonus? Any guesses how that will be handled, I don't have them anymore :(

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Today is my last day to return; called late last night and, of course, Target Mobile rep said to call Samsung. So frustrating.

Did anyone else do the trade-in gift card bonus? Any guesses how that will be handled, I don't have them anymore :(

That's BS. I spent 25 minutes on with Samsung last night and they said I have to go to target.

NatMD

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with target mobile. They have t received a lot of information yet but they did say I can return it for refund or change to different phone within the 14 days. Exchanging for another note reportedly is through samsung. Good thing I just had it for 2 days. Will keep it for now and see what samsung officially says, also I'll see what apple has to offer

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely 100 percent contrary to what Samsung said. My return expired yesterday so based on that target would basically tell me I am screwed.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My Target will take these devices back. They need to call their regional manager if they have any questions.

If target is going to get squirly then it leaves me with almost no choice but to demand a refund. I wanted to hold out for a replacement but this sounds like trouble.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Target and every single other retailer who sold these phones is bound by federal law to return recalled devices. If they refuse ask them if they want you to put cpsc on speaker phone for them while you file a violation complaint.

This is a federal law, not a store policy. They have zero say whether they will or wont return the device.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My target said they willl give a full refund outside of the wibdow, do an exchange or let me swap later. They seemed to be following att statement. That said I am almost inclined to just return it and pick up an honor 8 and see where thisngs stand in two weeks. I don't like the constantly changing stories.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My target said they willl give a full refund outside of the wibdow, do an exchange or let me swap later. They seemed to be following att statement. That said I am almost inclined to just return it and pick up an honor 8 and see where thisngs stand in two weeks. I don't like the constantly changing stories.
Is the honor 8 available in stores anywhere? I thought it wasnt available in retail till the end of september.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If target is going to get squirly then it leaves me with almost no choice but to demand a refund. I wanted to hold out for a replacement but this sounds like trouble.

I would get the refund and get your upgrade restored. Then when the fixed Note7's come in, get a new one.

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm also worried that if I wait for Target to get Note 7 in stock for an exchange, I'll probably be waiting until October. There were still people on the waiting list who pre-ordered at my store.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Really annoying that they can't confirm they will do exchanging and when. Leaves me with almost no choice. Feel compelled to take the refund now rather than put up with this for weeks.

NatMD

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'll wait till next week to see what new information they have. If they're still unsure about what the procedure would, I'll just do a full refund and wait it out. At least I have my money in hand and I can decide further on what to buy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463