Target Note 7 Recall Thread

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I called and apoke wirh AT&T to get a better understanding. I was told when the Note 7 is re-released i would be able to get another one as long as i stayed in the Samsung family. So i went to the Target where purchased my phone on yesterday. The rep had to call someone for more info. Target is sticking with their policy. You have to exchange the phone within 14 days and you can only do one exchange. I mention to her that I'm not returning it by my choices it because of the recall. Anything out of the 14 days I would need to work with Samsung. I didnt feel that was right. So I'm going to speak with the Target Mobile that's closer to me in distance.
As I said, they haven't worked out the policies for the post -14 day return period yet. That is why my Target rep urged me to return while I was in the 14 day return period. Clerk said he was offered a refund and he was 16 days, but declined. My guess is that had clerk accepted it, the rep wouldn't have been able to do it.

At this point, I would wait until after the holiday. Nothing is going to get done by the back office on this until after the holiday.

Target Mobile is MarketSource, not Target.

https://corporate.target.com/press/...t-announces-brightstar-and-marketsource-as-ne

You can go to Target corporate and Samsung after the holidays if no procedure is put in place for post-14 day returns for refund.

If you are within the 14 day return period and don't return for refund now, you have no one to blame but yourself if this ends up being a big hassle because you had the chance to do a quick and easy return and chose not to.

If you don't have a phone to use, there are cheap options if you are on Verizon, AT&T or TMobile with prepaid devices. Sprint is giving out loaner phones AFAIK. And there is always Craig's list.

I have already explained the GoPhone option in this thread and on the Verizon thread, I explained the Verizon prepaid option.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...izon-note-7-recall-thread-11.html#post5392347

AFAIK Verizon is not giving out loaner phones because Samsung is sending them the IMEIs of the affected devices next week. If you have one of those affected IMEIs, then Verizon will offer you a loaner phone if you don't have a backup.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Leader on duty. The Target supervisor running the floor.

Thanks but I don't see how they can help since this is a MarketSource issue and a carrier issue. My Target Mobile rep showed me the email they got and there are not any procedures in place for post-14 day returns yet.

Remember that with the DPP, this is a loan. And the loan is not through Target, it is a loan by carriers like Verizon. Neither MarketSource nor Target can cancel the DPP, only the carrier can. A Target employee has no way to cancel a loan issued by the carriers.

The DPP is easily canceled while you are within the 14 day return period as the carrier systems that Target Mobile interfaces with are set up for that. After 14 days, it is not set up for that. Bigger shops like BB have channel support that they can call but MarketSource does not have channel support at least not for Verizon.

So Target can refund you the taxes and downpayment but they can't cancel the DPP. Only the carrier can cancel the DPP. Within 14 days, the system is set up to cancel the DPP automatically when you return the phone. After 14 days, it is not and until the carriers get the mechanism in place to handle post-14 day returns through outside retailers like Target Mobile, there is nothing Target Mobile can do.

Everyone who is post-14 days needs to wait until the procedures are in place for canceling the DPP if they want to return. If you are within 14 days, you need to return now. If you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself if this ends up being a huge time suck and hassle.

Last edited:

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Looks like the post-14 day return for refund option has been removed from the Samsung recall:

Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

I would return for refund if you are w/in the 14 day return period.

The link I posted says they are getting the phones next week and the 3rd option isn't there
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160904/afa5f43cf7f71dcc586c581560cc4e1e.jpg

Yep, they have removed the post-14 day return for full refund option. If you have the ability to return for a full refund, IMO you should. I did and my free GF2 is on the way to compensate me for my inconvenience.

Last edited:

kmb16

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
This is complete bull****! My husband and I are new Verizon customers and purchased the Note 7 last Sunday. We keep getting rurnaround about where to go to get our replacement. I don't want a ****in downgraded phone!!!!!!!

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
This is complete bull****! My husband and I are new Verizon customers and purchased the Note 7 last Sunday. We keep getting rurnaround about where to go to get our replacement. I don't want a ****in downgraded phone!!!!!!!
Welcome to the club my friend. We are all in the same boat. Keep us posted.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Have you not read any of this thread at all?? You get your replacement from Target. THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY REPLACEMENT DEVICES IN YET SO YOU CAN'T GET ONE YET. THE FREAKIN' RECALL WAS JUST ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY AND NEITHER SAMSUNG NOR TARGET MOBILE ARE MAGICAL ENTITIES WHO CAN MAKE REPLACEMENT NOTE7's APPEAR OUT OF THIN AIR. THEY HAVE TO BE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED.

Do you better understand now?

aenokea

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Got my refund back and a $200 gift card... they didnt even ask about the $100 gift card so I didnt even mention it. I had it with me ready to give back but I guess I'll keep it for all my troubles. When the new Notes come in I'll have $300 in gift cards to apply plus whatever promotion they'll have to entice new Note buyers.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Got my refund back and a $200 gift card... they didnt even ask about the $100 gift card so I didnt even mention it. I had it with me ready to give back but I guess I'll keep it for all my troubles. When the new Notes come in I'll have $300 in gift cards to apply plus whatever promotion they'll have to entice new Note buyers.
Don't forget the free GF2 or 256GB SD card and if you did it, the $20 Samsung Pay rewards card. Not to mention no restocking fee.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
What was the 200 gift card for if I might ask?

Trading in a phone. They gave you a $200 target gc that you could apply to the downpayment if you traded in a phone that was on the list of acceptable devices. I probably could have sold the phone I traded in for about $100 net so it was really only like getting $100 for me.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
What was the 200 gift card for if I might ask?
It was a promo to trade in a working smartphone. I tried to trade in my LG G2, but it didn't qualify. Good thing I decided to hold onto my Galaxy S6. I think I will return my AT&T Note 7, and hopefully keep the $100 GC.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My problem is I purchased from a Target in New Jersey where I live and I will be in Florida until the first week in October. On our trip down (even before the recall was discussed) I noticed when charging either fast OR slow charge the phone got very very HOT. That worries me. That being said, I don't have the box, accessories OR receipt with me so I have to wait 5 weeks to return and I assume Target down here won't even take it if I did have all the required stuff. I guess I will have to charge it every night in a large metal bucket so I don't burn down the home where I am staying.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's another thing I'm curious about, if we are just exchanging the phone do we have to return the accessories like wall charger, usb-c adapter, cord and headphones? It would be nice to get extra sets of all those.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
That's another thing I'm curious about, if we are just exchanging the phone do we have to return the accessories like wall charger, usb-c adapter, cord and headphones? It would be nice to get extra sets of all those.
We don't yet know if you are going to get more than just a phone when you exchange. The replacement phones may not be in retail packaging or they may be. We will find out next week.

For sure if you return for a refund w/in 14 days you have to return everything.

aenokea

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I returned the charger and cord but kept the little adapters and sim ejector. I was tempted to keep the s-pen but didnt. The dude at the counter didnt really check the box. Made sure the phone was there but thats about it... couldve kept the pen. :)

Phantom9309

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm a firm believer in creating a paper trail to protect oneself.

I started off by calling a near by Target Mobile to ask if the rep on duty knew what the process was for a return/exchange and I wasn't surprised when he didn't know. I then called the Target Mobile where I bought my phones and they knew a little more, but it wasn't really the same as what Samsung had laid out.

I decided that I needed to speak with AT&T and have things recorded on my account. I also had them cancel the second line that was established for the 2nd Note 7 that I bought. This prevents me from being charged the AT&T NEXT installment fee while I wait for Target Mobile to get their act together. The AT&T Customer Service rep created notes on my account about my plan with these phones and that it's within proper AT&T recall procedures. Target Mobile's line activation reps should have access to these notes and will be able to get approval for whatever needs to be done. At the end of the day, Target Mobile is at the mercy of the carriers but they won't budge without any assurance that they're protected.

If I find out anything more, I'll post immediately. Good luck everyone!

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We don't yet know if you are going to get more than just a phone when you exchange. The replacement phones may not be in retail packaging or they may be. We will find out next week.

For sure if you return for a refund w/in 14 days you have to return everything.

Unfortunately I'm past my 14 days

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I had less than 24 hours to return my phone when Samsung announced the recall, so I'm going to raise some hell if someone tries to hang their hat on the 14 day BS.

You can raise hell all you want but if the terms of the recall don't allow for return for refund after 14 days, they aren't going to be letting you do it. And don't raise too much hell or you will find yourself banned from shopping at that Target. Managers can demand that you leave if you are making a scene and if you won't they can call the cops and have you arrested for trespassing and permanently banned from coming into the store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair