Target Note 7 Recall Thread

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had less than 24 hours to return my phone when Samsung announced the recall, so I'm going to raise some hell if someone tries to hang their hat on the 14 day BS.

Same here. Has anyone tried to deal with their carrier directly on this instead of Target? I just read in the Best Buy thread from someone that Best Buy wouldn't let them return their phone for a refund so they went directly to the At&t store and they gave them a refund.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Best Buy wouldn't let them return their phone for a refund
That's not really what happened. The BB reps couldn't find the SKU in the system to process the return. Instead of telling BB to call AT&T channel support, the person just left and went to AT&T and AT&T processed the return for them.

Plenty of other people processed returns through BB.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's not really what happened. The BB reps couldn't find the SKU in the system to process the return. Instead of telling BB to call AT&T channel support, the person just left and went to AT&T and AT&T processed the return for them.

Plenty of other people processed returns through BB.

Even so, that would mean that maybe going to your carrier store they would be able to do a return without Target being involved

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Well, I guess the paranoia got to me. I was able to get a refund at my Target location (took a while). I was past the 14 days and was told they are allowing returns *until* they got stock in; take that for what it's worth.

I kept the $200 trade-in bonus but had to give back the $100 bonus GC :( although I suspect the guy just pocketed it.

I'll miss that thing, but there might be more deals just around the corner.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
but had to give back the $100 bonus GC :( although I suspect the guy just pocketed it.
I guarantee you that is what he did if he didn't take it up to customer service.

For future reference, bring in the sales receipt for the gift card and if they are going to make you give back the gift card, insist that they take it to Customer Service for return so that the CSR takes the gift card back into the system, not the Target Mobile rep.

The gift card was issued by Target, not Target Mobile (MarketSource) so if they are going to take it back, it should go back to Target.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, I guess the paranoia got to me. I was able to get a refund at my Target location (took a while). I was past the 14 days and was told they are allowing returns *until* they got stock in; take that for what it's worth.
Thanks for letting us know.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I kept the $200 trade-in bonus
And the freebie Gear Fit 2 or 256GB SD card. If you used Samsung Pay, you got another $20 for that too.

I am sure that you will be able to get another promo when you upgrade again once this all gets sorted out.

Just make sure that your DPP got canceled and your upgrade eligibility restored.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I also kept the little adapters and the instruction manual 😈.

My guy made me give all of those back but I got to keep the gift card. I was within 14 days though.

Hopefully everyone will take advantage of this window to return for a refund, it really is the best option.

NatMD

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Good thing I still have until the 15th to return. Got it the day before the recall. It's actually my 2nd note but their system couldn't process an exchange for an outright purchase so had to do dull return and purchase again. Still waiting for official position from target. I wait till next week ad decide

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My guy made me give all of those back but I got to keep the gift card. I was within 14 days though.

Hopefully everyone will take advantage of this window to return for a refund, it really is the best option.

Why do you think returning it is better than exchanging? I still want to use my $200 trade in as a down payment instead of being stuck with $300 in Target gift cards

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Why do you think returning it is better than exchanging? I still want to use my $200 trade in as a down payment instead of being stuck with $300 in Target gift cards
You can use the $300 in Target gift cards to make a downpayment on the Note7 when you buy one again if you buy it at Target. Plus there are sure to be additional promos to move these devices in the future.

Even if you don't want to buy another Note7 from Target, I can easily spend $300 in Target gift cards buying things like toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, etc. All things I need and would be buying anyhow. Target also sells food and beverages, like cheese, milk, eggs, coffee, beer, etc. $300 in target gift cards doesn't last long around my house. You can load them up to your target account and just have the cashier scan them off of your phone.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
According to the Target mobile rep via the Samsung rep we can go to Samsung they will replace the battery in the existing phones. Or we can downgrade. They know nothing about the new note 7s coming.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
According to the Target mobile rep via the Samsung rep we can go to Samsung they will replace the battery in the existing phones. Or we can downgrade. They know nothing about the new note 7s coming.

It's stuff like that that makes me want to return it immediately. That's crazy. Even Samsung hasn't said it is repairing phones. It's official policy is an exchange. I think your Rep had bad information or made it up. Either way target needs to get their sh*t together.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Sorry for the double post. I called 1800 Samsung. This time I got through right away to someone in the US. She said the process is that all exchanges will go through the carrier even if you bought at target. I pressed her several times and she said she understands the confusion but said I need to deal with ATT. She seemed confident this is the plan and it just may take a day or two for everyone to catch up.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the double post. I called 1800 Samsung. This time I got through right away to someone in the US. She said the process is that all exchanges will go through the carrier even if you bought at target. I pressed her several times and she said she understands the confusion but said I need to deal with ATT. She seemed confident this is the plan and it just may take a day or two for everyone to catch up.

I was told the complete opposite (maybe because I am 1200 miles away from where I purchased it). While this may be a complete snow job from rep here is a copy of my CHAT (not call) to Samsung:

info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Zaki U'. The reference number for this chat is 43xxxxxx66. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Zaki U: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
Ed F: Hii ...calling about my note 7. I am aware they will be replaced but my problem is I purchased in Target in New Jersey and I am in FLORIDA for the next 4 weeks. ATT won't take it and there is no Target within 60 miles that even has a cell dept. PLUS I don't have my receipt or box only the charger and phone.
Zaki U: Hello.
Zaki U: Let me go through the information you have send to me.
Zaki U: I see that you want to Exchange the Note 7.
Zaki U: I will help you with that.
Zaki U: Samsung will help you to replace the Note 7
Ed F: Great!
Zaki U: Please let me know the following details.
Zaki U: Name:
Zaki U: Telephone Number:
Zaki U: Carrier Retailer/Place of Purchase:
Zaki U: Retailer City/State
Zaki U: Model :
Zaki U: IMEI:
Zaki U:
Zaki U: Ticket Number :
Ed F: Cell number of phone or home number?
Zaki U: You can give two phone number Ed.
Zaki U: Numbers*
Zaki U: You can find it under the Settings>About device>Status.
Zaki U: IMEI
Ed F: OK .... Ed Feins, 908xxxxx68 (Home in NJ), 9083xxxx7 (CELL), Purchased at TARGET in NJ --- (another minute to get rest of info)
Zaki U: Sure!
Ed F: Model SM-930A, IMEI<>743xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ed F: Anything else?
Zaki U: Email Please Ed.
Ed F: Pretty sure I registered it on samsung.com
Ed F: edxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Zaki U: I appreciate your have registered it.
Zaki U: I am going to take the information you have provided and we will send this to your Carrier/Retailer on your behalf.
Zaki U: Please allow 24hrs and then you can reach out to your Carrier/Retailer for confirmation. –Again we are sorry for any inconvenience.
Zaki U: I will let you know the reference number for you.
Zaki U: Please allow me 3 minutes.
Ed F: I am confused. Do I still have to take it back to TARGET in NEW JERSEY? I am 1200 miles away.
Zaki U: No, you need to contact the Carrier
Ed F: So AT&T store can help? They told me to go to Target.
Zaki U: We will forward it Ed to carrier.

Zaki U: If you face any issue please get back to us we will help you with that.
Ed F: OK. Hope it works out! :)
Zaki U: Samsung is working this to get the Note 7 replaced.
Ed F: OK thanks
Zaki U: You're welcome.
Zaki U: Here is the ticket number 112xxxxxx20
Zaki U: You can get back to us with the Ticket number if you face any issue exchanging the Note 7 Ed.
Zaki U: Please let me know if I can provide you any additional information.
Ed F: So you are saying I can go to an AT&T store even though it was purchased at a TARGET store, correct?
Zaki U: Yes, you are correct.
Zaki U: Please contact them after 24 hours.

Ed F: PK, great. Thank again.
Ed F: (OK)
Zaki U: You're welcome Ed.
Zaki U: I appreciate your interest in Samsung.
Zaki U: May I help you with anything else?
Ed F: Bye
Ed F: No thank you
Zaki U: You're welcome Ed.
Zaki U: I would love to get your feedback on my assistance, please click on the blue "X" mark on the right corner of the chat window to rate my assistance.
Zaki U: Take care!

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I think AT&T is handling it like that but Verizon reps say otherwise.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante