Target Note 7 Recall Thread

pomeg

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I really hate ATT customer service!

Neil : Hello, my name is Neil. I hope you are having a great day! How may I help you today?
Jim : I have a samsung galaxy note 7. I purchased it from Target. Do I need to return the phone to target or can I return it to an ATT store?
Neil : Sure thing.
Neil : I can definitely help you with that.
Neil : Since the phone is from target you have to let them unlock the phone so that we can activate on our service.
Jim : It is active on ATT already. The phone is recalled and I am curious about the return/exchange process
Neil : Oh I see.
Neil : May I know why do you want to return the phone?
Jim : It is recalled because the battery explodes!!!
Jim : This is a big deal, all over the news, I am really surprised you are unaware of the issue
Neil : I'm sorry to hear that.
Neil : If that's the case you may go to one of our retail store.
Neil : Yes we are recalling the the note7 that was purchased from us.
Jim : I purchased it from Target, can I return it to an ATT store?
Neil : I'm so sorry Lee, my eyes is such a traitor I should wear glasses now.
Neil : To be honest, it will not be replaced since it is not purchased from TT.
Neil : AT&T
Jim : ok
Neil : I do apologize Lee.
Neil : As much as we love to since the phone doesn't have any commitment from us, you may just contact target if they are also recalling their deffective note7
Neil : Is there anything else I can help you with?

It's ironic considering the messages sent to us via text keep saying to go to an AT&T store. After doing so, AT&T told me to go to Target. Target told me to go to Samsung. Samsung told me to go to Target or AT&T. The next day, another AT&T message got sent saying to go to an AT&T store. No idea what to do now.
Target doesn't seem to be following the loaner phone policy that Samsung put forth, so that leaves those of us without a temporary backup phone out of luck.
Maybe the phone will explode in the meantime and we can sue someone.

JimJones123

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
You asked a stupid question and you got a stupid response. Seems like a fair exchange.

I've read that some folks have been able to return their phone directly to an ATT store and the text and email said to go the the ATT store, so I wanted to verify along with other questions. The next person I chatted with was very helpful and answered my questions well. So obviously not that stupid of a question.

JimJones123

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
It's ironic considering the messages sent to us via text keep saying to go to an AT&T store. After doing so, AT&T told me to go to Target. Target told me to go to Samsung. Samsung told me to go to Target or AT&T. The next day, another AT&T message got sent saying to go to an AT&T store. No idea what to do now.
Target doesn't seem to be following the loaner phone policy that Samsung put forth, so that leaves those of us without a temporary backup phone out of luck.

Maybe this will help...

Angela : Hello! Thanks for choosing AT&T Chat.
Angela : Hello, my name is Angela. I hope you are having a great day! How may I help you today?
Jim : I purchased a recalled samsung galaxy note 7 through target. Do I need to return it there or can I return it to an ATT store?
Angela : Hi Jim!
Angela : Due to recall, we need to return the phone at the point of sale. Since the phone was purchased through Target, we need to replace it through them
Jim : Ok. Am I able to return the phone at Target and then purchase an s7 at the ATT store? Or do I need to exchange at Target
Angela : We need to exchange the phone at Target as well.
Jim : If I exchange at Target will I be able to exchange that phone for a new Note 7 when they are available?
Angela : Yes, that is correct.
Angela : You can definitely replace your phone with new version of Note 7 once they're available at Target

Angela : I am glad that we are able to help you with the information you need to replace your Note 7 . Have we fully resolved your concern 100% for today in this chat?
Jim : If I return the phone at target could I purchase an s7 at the ATT store. I did not have a good experience at target and would prefer to work through the ATT store.
Angela : Yes, you could also purchase a new S7 at any ATT store.
Angela : It's just that, we can only return the phone you purchased to Target.
Jim : Sure. Would I also need to return the Gear Fit 2 as well? Or am I able to keep that? I thought I read that Samsung would let me keep it as long as I purchased another Samsung product. It is the same for the $25 bill credit?
Angela : Yes, you can keep the wearables with you
Jim : ok, thanks
Angela : You are so welcome.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Everyone should stop aggravating themselves with the silly chats with the ATT idiots who don't have a clue (most are probably robots anyway).

Just walk into an ATT store. If you didn't buy at ATT you more than likely won't get a refund but only an exchange (which is what happened to me and what was fine with me. Sales rep said yes first then when I dropped the "T"(arget) word he went to his manager who said no. I then NICELY asked to see the manager, the rep walked back to get him then he came back and said NO PROBLEM and did a temp swap for a Galaxy S7 Edge. 99% you won't get a straight refund but if you want an exchange there should be no problem.

All the chats are meaningless and useless.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My target just told me they will not be getting in any note 7s in the future. If you want to exchange it for the new note 7 when they get in you have to go to a att store. I'm at the att store getting my temporary phone.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My target just told me they will not be getting in any note 7s in the future. If you want to exchange it for the new note 7 when they get in you have to go to a att store. I'm at the att store getting my temporary phone.

Actually, I'm keeping the note 7 until the new ones come it. They told me that I could for sure just swap it out at att even if I bought it a target. Holding on to my Note 7 cause basically I have free insurance. If I took the loaner phone and broke it, I pay for it. They told me they have to take the Note 7 back regardless of what kind of shape it's in. He told me I could bring it in pieces and they would have to exchange it. I have a old S5 that I could use if I get really worried about the Note 7.

Last edited:

Corey Watford

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I hope you understand despite what AT&T said once you return and purchase the S7, that's your phone and you'll only have 14days to swap it out before that S7 is your's. The S7 isnt a loan phone, and if your thinking about going from the recalled Note 7 to S7 and back to a new Note 7, unless they get the replacements under the 14day window, your gonna have a hard time.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope you understand despite what AT&T said once you return and purchase the S7, that's your phone and you'll only have 14days to swap it out before that S7 is your's. The S7 isnt a loan phone, and if your thinking about going from the recalled Note 7 to S7 and back to a new Note 7, unless they get the replacements under the 14day window, your gonna have a hard time.

I disagree. I asked that question and they said it can be exchanged at at any time. That isn't stated and if they attempt it I won't accept it. There is nothing limiting the time for exchange in their "rules"

Can I return my temporary device and accessories for a new Note7 when it is available?
Yes! Your temporary device needs to be undamaged (no water damage, cracked screen, etc.) in order to return it for the new Note7. To protect your temporary device, you can purchase accessories like cases and screen protectors that also can be returned.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=G_ZlWa15

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
This is what they told me too. I think they are wrong but I don't trust them.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is what they told me too. I think they are wrong but I don't trust them.

How can they dispute their own rules posted on their own website? Just print it out and stick it in their face. If they give you a hard time call corporate. There are no limitations in their own posting of their own policy.

What should I do with the Samsung Galaxy Note7 I purchased?
Because safety is our top priority, customers who purchased one of these Note7s are strongly encouraged to turn off their device and exchange for a new device as soon as possible. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 (pending approval the Consumer Products Safety Commission) or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

Can I return my temporary device and accessories for a new Note7 when it is available?
Yes! Your temporary device needs to be undamaged (no water damage, cracked screen, etc.) in order to return it for the new Note7. To protect your temporary device, you can purchase accessories like cases and screen protectors that also can be returned.

Corey Watford

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
How can they dispute their own rules posted on their own website? Just print it out and stick it in their face. If they give you a hard time call corporate. There are no limitations in their own posting of their own policy.

What should I do with the Samsung Galaxy Note7 I purchased?
Because safety is our top priority, customers who purchased one of these Note7s are strongly encouraged to turn off their device and exchange for a new device as soon as possible. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 (pending approval the Consumer Products Safety Commission) or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

My issue is that nowhere does it say these "Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active" are Temporary devices, we can assume this, but I feel any AT&T rep can turn this in their favor, and just say those phones were not temporary devices, as it never stated they were.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My issue is that nowhere does it say these "Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active" are Temporary devices, we can assume this, but I feel any AT&T rep can turn this in their favor, and just say those phones were not temporary devices, as it never stated they were.

This is very true but I am not too concerned. Hopefully that point will be moot because hopefully they will get phones soon. Also nowhere in their rules does it say what a temporary phone IS. It depends on what the definition of "IS" "IS". :D

grmrsan1

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site

Target is definitely not doing loaner phones, they just don't have that much inventory to burn. Samsung is only paying for the Notes, and Target is only allowing for one exchange per guest.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
has anyone found out if target got their new note 7?

While I don't know the answer IMO it is highly unlikely since I would think AT&T (and the other carrier) Corp stores would get them first by a day or so and so far, no one has reported that they have unless I missed those reports since earlier today...

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i called verizon store, the CSR stated they would be getting new note 7 on the 30th.

vzw press release stated the return policy would end be extended til 30th, hopefully they extend that date

i also called samsung at 1-800-samsung. they stated new note 7 will be in my carrier, verizon, stock by next week and i can ask for an exchange along with a $25 gift card. i also asked if i could get a new color note 7 and they stated it was up to the carrier to determine that

So does this mean we would be bypassing Target altogether for the exchange?

Corey Watford

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got a New email from Target:

"Thank you for placing your pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 at Target. On September 2, Samsung notified Target that they have identified a battery issue in certain Galaxy Note7 devices. Samsung has asked all retailers, including Target, to stop selling the device. As a result, we will not be able to fulfill your Galaxy Note7 pre-order at this time.
If you are no longer interested in purchasing a Galaxy Note7, no action is needed on your part.
If you are still interested in purchasing the Galaxy Note7, new inventory will become available shortly pending approval from the Consumer Product Safety Commission and Samsung. Check Target.com in the coming weeks to view availability at your Target store. When you purchase your Galaxy Note7 in store, provide the email address you used for your original pre-order in order to get your free Target GiftCard.
For any additional questions, please contact your local Target Mobile team.
Thank you,
Target Mobile"

arianamorris

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Call Samsung and firmly tell them that Target is not acknowledging the recall. Samsung informed me after my conversation with them that they would handle it so I could exchange my phone through my carrier.

Now I am ASSUMING it should be taken care of, but I have not yet contacted Verizon to verify. But Samsung is willing to do this.

I think Samsung is handling this extremely well, myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay