Target Note 7 Recall Thread

grmrsan1

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Call Samsung and firmly tell them that Target is not acknowledging the recall. Samsung informed me after my conversation with them that they would handle it so I could exchange my phone through my carrier.

Now I am ASSUMING it should be taken care of, but I have not yet contacted Verizon to verify. But Samsung is willing to do this.

I think Samsung is handling this extremely well, myself.

Target IS acknowledging the recall. They are taking the phones back, out of contract and allowing you to either return or exchange for a different phone. They ARE requiring all accessories that came in box, (cord, charger, headphones, adaptors) and if you are returning rather than exchanging immediatly they are requiring the return of promotional $100 gift card. They are not required to issue a loaner phone, and frankly very few stores have enough stock to be able to manage that, so they are sticking with thier "only one exchange per sale" rule

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Target IS acknowledging the recall. They are taking the phones back, out of contract and allowing you to either return or exchange for a different phone. They ARE requiring all accessories that came in box, (cord, charger, headphones, adaptors) and if you are returning rather than exchanging immediately they are requiring the return of promotional $100 gift card. They are not required to issue a loaner phone, and frankly very few stores have enough stock to be able to manage that, so they are sticking with thier "only one exchange per sale" rule

RETURN IT TO AT&T even if you got it at Target. If AT&T gives you a hard time insist on speaking to the manager. They will take it back. It might take being a little forceful BUT BE COURTEOUS but in the end they will. Worked for me and 2 others I personally know, Must be an AT&T CORPORATE STORE only. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between a Corp store and an "authorized reseller" without asking (especially in a mall).

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
RETURN IT TO AT&T even if you got it at Target. If AT&T gives you a hard time insist on speaking to the manager. They will take it back. It might take being a little forceful BUT BE COURTEOUS but in the end they will. Worked for me and 2 others I personally know, Must be an AT&T CORPORATE STORE only. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between a Corp store and an "authorized reseller" without asking (especially in a mall).

Has anyone on Verizon that bought at Target got them to do a return?

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope we can bypass Target. The Target guy we got our phones from keeps telling me (as of yesterday): Don't worry about it, the problem is only with phones in other countries, it's not as bad as it seems, most people are just keeping them, there's really nothing to worry about, etc. And it probably goes without saying, he had no idea when they'd receive any new/updated Notes 7s.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
AT&T on chat just told me the same thing. Take it back to original point of sale. That would be Target for me.

I really think it depends on the store. I'm on att and this past weekend was in a att store. They were actually in the process of letting me return my target bought note 7 (get a loaner phone) to them. We started the process but the rep told me it was probably going to take at least an hour. It was Saturday afternoon and didn't feel like spending my afternoon there and I would just wait till they get the replacements in. Once they are in I'll go back to the same att store to swap it for a new one. My local target told me last week they were not going to be getting any of the new note 7. So I could only return to them but I couldn't swap it for a new one through them.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Called two Targets tonight to see if they had any idea when they would get new ones in. They have no clue what's going on and said they didn't expect any anytime soon. I have no faith that I will get an exchange from Target anytime soon. I wish I could just take it to Verizon to exchange. They also tried to tell me they only have a 14 day return policy lol

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
nope, it looks like they only sold limited amount of note 7 according to that recall page.

i think they only sold silver note 7, i got one for verizon but i want a black one now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc