Target Note 7 Recall Thread

lbrow042

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this helps or not but I just had a rather promising chat with a Verizon rep online. I've attached the chat log below. It sounds too easy to be true but at least I can take a copy of the chat into the Verizon store tomorrow. I tried to keep it short and to the point, while getting in a dig at Apple of course! I'll keep everyone posted after tomorrow.

Chat Transcript
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted.
You : I have one of the recalled note 7s and want to know how to exchange it for one of the new ones now that they are out.
ESTHER : Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your account. How can we help you today?
ESTHER : I see the need to exchange out your Galaxy 7 Note -- You need to take it to the Verizon Store so that they can process the recall for you.
You : Does it matter that I bought it at Target? Can I still return
You : It to a Verizon Corporate store to exchange it
You : The Target I bought it from claims they have none in and won't be getting them in for a while, if ever.
You : And it is an obvious safety concern.
ESTHER : It is only the Verizon Stores authorized to process the recalls
ESTHER : Samsung is sending the new ones to Verizon Store
You : So if I go to my local Verizon Corporate store with my Note 7 I purchased at Target, I will be able to exchange it for a new one?
You : Is that accurate?
ESTHER : Yes that is correct
ESTHER : We want you to do that as soon as possible because it is a safety issue
You : What do I need to take in there? What if I don't have the original packaging or accessories?
ESTHER : You don't need all that -- All you need is the device and your phone number - they will look up everything they need
ESTHER : They don't need the packaging since the phones are not usable
You : That sounds like a fairly easy process. Will I be able to exchange it for a different color?
ESTHER : Yes you can select another color -- as long as it is a galaxy Note 7
ESTHER : It can't be an Iphone 7 lol
You : Awesome thank you so much. Do I need to make an appointment for that?
ESTHER : Just walk in -- very simple
You : Definitely don't want an iPhone. Nothing to worry about there.
ESTHER : LOL . okay. Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Is there anything else I can resolve for you today?
You : No I think you answered all my questions. I will head over there as soon as I can. Thank you!
ESTHER : Thank you for being such a valued member of the Verizon family. We appreciate your business.Again my name is Esther and please enjoy the rest of your day. I am glad I
was able to resolve your issue. You can find answers to additional questions at vzw.com/support. Please click on the “X” button to end this chat.

lbrow042

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Went into Verizon corporate with a copy of my chat in my back pocket ready to argue my way into a new note 7 and the result was unexpected to say the least. I went in and told them I needed to exchange my note 7 for a new one and they asked me for my phone number and ID. They looked up my info and asked me what color I wanted and brought the phone out and set it up. Never even asked where I bought it or for a receipt. All i walked in with was a phone. No box, receipt, or accessories. It was smooth and quick. No complaints here! Except now I have an ugly green battery icon!

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Went into Verizon corporate with a copy of my chat in my back pocket ready to argue my way into a new note 7 and the result was unexpected to say the least. I went in and told them I needed to exchange my note 7 for a new one and they asked me for my phone number and ID. They looked up my info and asked me what color I wanted and brought the phone out and set it up. Never even asked where I bought it or for a receipt. All i walked in with was a phone. No box, receipt, or accessories. It was smooth and quick. No complaints here! Except now I have an ugly green battery icon!
Congratulations!

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Congrats! It's nice to hear Verizon is taking care of everyone. I wish AT&T could do the same and exchange my Target bought phone

bothee

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After no info about a replacement at Target I went to my local Verizon store expecting nothing to happen, they said they have had so many exchanges they have to set up appointments for the return process. Started telling the guy "I know I have to return it to Target but they don't have any replacements..." and he cut me off with "But it's still Verizon, right? Then you're fine". And he scheduled me an appointment to do a replacement there tomorrow.

I'm expecting to still be turned away but hey, ill give it a shot tomorrow and report back.

Results: Original plan didn't work, but everything went better than expected.

Guy at Verizon corporate tried to process the return, but couldn't get it to accept the SKU in the system. Since they had them readily available in stock, I went for Plan B (which honestly I should have done to begin with): wen't back to Target and just asked them to do a straight refund. The guy had to call his lead and then some Target mobile hotline, but he was helpful and got it done. They didn't ask about the $100 GC and took the phone as is (didn't need to return with box or anything). Then I just went back to Verizon and bought a new Note 7.

Now here's where it's interesting: 2-yr contract price at Verizon was actually $100 cheaper that Target anyway. So I missed out on the $25 Samsung credit, but I ended up with
  • New Note 7 from Verizon for $100 cheaper ($299 vs $399).
  • Kept my accessories
  • $300 in Target gift cards ($100 preorder bonus + $200 trade in bonus)

Pro-Tip: If you keep your second s-pen, don't stick it in your back pocket and then snap it in half when you sit down.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Results: Original plan didn't work, but everything went better than expected.

Guy at Verizon corporate tried to process the return, but couldn't get it to accept the SKU in the system. Since they had them readily available in stock, I went for Plan B (which honestly I should have done to begin with): wen't back to Target and just asked them to do a straight refund. The guy had to call his lead and then some Target mobile hotline, but he was helpful and got it done. They didn't ask about the $100 GC and took the phone as is (didn't need to return with box or anything). Then I just went back to Verizon and bought a new Note 7.

Now here's where it's interesting: 2-yr contract price at Verizon was actually $100 cheaper that Target anyway. So I missed out on the $25 Samsung credit, but I ended up with
  • New Note 7 from Verizon for $100 cheaper ($299 vs $399).
  • Kept my accessories
  • $300 in Target gift cards ($100 preorder bonus + $200 trade in bonus)

Pro-Tip: If you keep your second s-pen, don't stick it in your back pocket and then snap it in half when you sit down.
Congratulations! Sorry about the pen! AT&T wouldn't let me keep the pen from the bad Note 7.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Another replacement-free day. Went to Verizon to try and exchange the phone, they had just sold the last silver one and and only had blue. They looked up the closest store that had silver ones, which was about 30-40 minutes away but he said they had a bunch so great. I had nothing else to do so might as well go. I called the customer service line before going to ask about having bought it from Target and the representative said they can definitely exchange it and that all I needed to bring was the phone. Awesome!

Get to the store, and the first thing the guy asks after I tell him I want to exchange my phone is if I brought the charger and I said no. He said he couldn't exchange it without the charger. I asked if I could just leave the charger from the new phone. He said no, that they said there might be a problem with the charger too so they want the chargers turned in with the phones. I told him the representative I spoke to from the call center said I didn't need any of the accessories but he had his salesman attitude going on like I had been misinformed. He ended up checking to see if they even had any silver ones and they didn't (so he said) so it was a complete waste a trip anyway, but seriously? I know some places just keep the accessories from the new phones if you don't turn in the old ones but telling me I couldn't exchange a mandatory-recalled phone because of a charger no one else said I needed to turn in, including Samsung, the Verizon store I visited earlier, AND the call center rep was crap.

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Verizon just hates me.

Verizon: Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your device. How can we help you today?
You: I have one of the recalled note 7s and want to know how to exchange it for one of the new ones now that they are out.
EILEEN: Hey there, great question, happy to help, you can either go to a store to get the replacement or you can have customer service order the replacement for you whatever is more convenient for you.
You: I would like to exchange it in store. I purchased the phone at a Target store, does that matter?
EILEEN: yes it would have to go back to Target of the exchange, they are aware how to process all the exchanges and returns, you will have no trouble.
You: The Target I bought it from claims they have none in and won't be getting them in for a while, if ever
EILEEN: one moment please.
EILEEN: so here is what you will need to do, return it too Target for a full refund and then you can go and purchase it a Verizon store or we can order one for you.
EILEEN: it has to be returned to where it was purchased from .
You: Then how have other people online reported being able to do an exchange at a Verizon store for their note 7s purchased at Target
EILEEN: they were incorrect and I do apologize the refund has to come from where it was purchased from and then you can go to a Verizon store and get a new note 7.
EILEEN: the inventory's for each store have to match up, so the return has to be done at Target , if they do not have any in stock any verizon store will be happy to get you into a note 7.
You: why did verizon chat say this to another person:
You: You : So if I go to my local Verizon Corporate store with my Note 7 I purchased at Target, I will be able to exchange it for a new one?
You : Is that accurate?
ESTHER : Yes that is correct
ESTHER : We want you to do that as soon as possible because it is a safety issue
EILEEN: They were incorrect, and I just reverified that with a member of leadership. I has to be returned to Target.
EILEEN: Target needs to get credit back for the phone from Samsung, it is return to Verizon then Target loses out with the return and refund
EILEEN: I can certainly lift up feedback on that person so that they are not providing misinformation to other customers.
EILEEN: do you know the phone number associated with the remark that Esther made ?
You: no i do not. But that person then stated they were able to exchange in a verizon store with no issue
EILEEN: I can not tell a Verizon store to accept your return, we are not supposed too as this is not our phone and it was not purchased through verizon
You: why does it matter? Target made a sale. You would only need the credit from samsung if you made an exchange, so why can verizon not do the exchange and get the credit for doing so
EILEEN: exactly , because that product was purchased through Target and now Target has to be their money back for the phone, it is not ours to be refunded or returned.
EILEEN: It wuld be like you buying a samsung tv at Target and returning it too best buy, just because they sell them doesnt mean you can return it there, it has to go back to point of sale.
You: thats not the same, TV's dont have a mobile carrier.
EILEEN: we can place a new order for you for a new note 7 once that phone is turned to target.
You: I understand the fact that it would need to be RETURNED to target, but an EXCHANGE should be able to be handled by the carrier
EILEEN: Since the phone was not purchased a Verizon store, it is not able to be returned to a Verizon store. That being said , if you wish to try that it is up to you I can not guarantee that the Verizon store will take this back.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand how even the reps are giving out different information. I've talked to two different Verizon reps through the call center who said that it being purchased at Target doesn't matter.

Also her reasoning about the exchange makes no sense to me. Whoever gives you the safe phone is the only person who needs to be credited by Samsung, because they're the one losing out selling that new phone. Target was already paid, no?

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand how even the reps are giving out different information. I've talked to two different Verizon reps through the call center who said that it being purchased at Target doesn't matter.

Also her reasoning about the exchange makes no sense to me. Whoever gives you the safe phone is the only person who needs to be credited by Samsung, because they're the one losing out selling that new phone. Target was already paid, no?

Yeah thats what I thought too. You would only need credit from samsung if you are processing an exchange. Target already made a sale, doesn't matter to them

NotePhoneGuy

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Ok, Here is my story: Thankfully, it has a happy ending. I just got my replacement Note 7 this afternoon. It’s black. Not the platinum that I first bought. But I had originally wanted black anyway. I think it’s the best looking of the various colors, in terms of overall design, how the edges, top and bottom all blend together. It looks so awesome!

[ Warning - My Post Is VERY LONG! Written hastily - hope it helps ]

I don’t usually post anything to forums, but looking for some online info for Note 7’s purchased at Target was tough, until I found this board. A few of your stories gave me some hope. So I thought I would post my experience with the recall. Although, my story turned out great. I think it was by sheer luck. I shudder to think what I would have done if I weren’t so lucky today. Read thru and you’ll see why. I know this is a LONG post. But it’s the kind of story you just can’t shorten, because of all the back and forth and frustration.

I really feel for all the people who bought the Note 7 at Target Mobile. I’m not sure how you guys are gonna get your situations resolved. Especially if they gave you some type of promotional gift card. This gift card issue, could have screwed me up. They were running a promotion and issued a $200 gift card at the time of my purchase. Of course, I didn’t know that a week or so later that gift card would be used as one more reason for Target Mobile to try and not let me get a refund or Exchange of my Note 7!

I bought my Samsung Note 7 at a Target retail store, in Brooklyn, New York. Unfortunately, I bought it 2 days before they did the recall. I wasn’t worried. After all, Target is a huge chain store and wouldn’t have any issues like the smaller stores or mom and pop operations. Or so I thought!

Basically, just like everybody else on this board, they also gave me the runaround. What happened is that I waited until the official day that Samsung said that the replacement Note 7’s would be in stores. It was a Wednesday.

On that day I went out to the Target where I bought the phone and the rep told me that he wasn’t sure what I was talking about, and that I should come back in a couple days.

To make a long story short, I went back several times and called the 2 or 3 Target stores in my area, New York City. Basically, the Target reps either said they knew nothing about the recall, or if they did, they would always tell me to come back or wait until the following Monday. Which would be September 26, 2016.

Throughout all of this back and forth, going to Target several times and calling that store, as well as the other ones in my area, I started to realize that something was very wrong with the mobile division at Target. At this point I was still pretty confident that Target,a huge chain store would fix , my recall issue. So Sunday, Sept. 25, I went back to the store.

I went back to the Target around 6pm. This would probably have been my 4th or 5th trip. I asked the mobile rep there if the replacement Note 7’s came in and He said “Yes”. I let out a sigh of relief. I then asked him “are you sure they came in?”, and he said, “Yeah, we got a big shipment in, but I need you to come back later, in about 1 or 2 hours, because I don’t know how to do the recall”.

At this point I was just happy that the replacement Note 7’s came in. So I went back home, then returned around 8pm that same night.

The rep there was now a girl who told me she didn’t know about any recall and why hadn’t I left my name with the previous rep, so that she could have known I was coming.

I told her that this is a huge recall and that if she doesn’t know about it by now , that there’s a big problem.

So we argued back and forth for a few minutes. Another rep came over and suggested that we go down to customer service. When we went down to customer service, they told us they didn’t know anything about the recall. So I decided to remain calm. I thanked the current mobile rep for her help, even though she was rude to me. I asked the rep what time I should come back in the morning. She told me that the mobile section opens at 8am. Then I went home and formulated a plan for the next morning, Monday, sept.26th.

I wasn’t stupid enough to return at 8am on Monday morning. I just felt that there wouldn’t be anybody at the Target Mobile section. I was right. I got there at 10:30am and there was nobody there. I had to get help from one of the other workers, who told me that the guy should have been there at 8am, but never showed up!

Long story short again - I decided to go to a Verizon factory store and get my replacement phone, downstairs, in the same mall. They tried a few minutes and suggested that I go back to Target and get a refund. They said it would be easier that way.

So all I had to do was go upstairs back to Target, to try and get a refund, so I could go back downstairs to this Verizon corporate store and buy one of the new Note 7’s.

Of course another roadblock! The cashier at Target told me that there’s a block on Note 7 refunds and that I would have to go to the mobile section or return it to another Target store in the area. I had them call the other area Target store to see if I could go there and return the phone. After about 45 minutes on the phone, the other Target location told us that they couldn’t contact anyone in their mobile section.

So the cashier (in the returns area) told me why don’t I go to the mobile section and get the refund. I told them that the other workers said the mobile store reps abandoned the mobile section and never showed up. She and I then went to the mobile area to verify.

Sure enough, no one was in the mobile section. We then found out thru several workers that the Target Mobile section was not actually run and operated by Target, but by some other company.

So I asked them for a contact number for this company that runs their mobile section. I kid you not, no one had a clue what the number was or who to call. After about 30 minutes of waiting for them to find a number, they finally found somebody’s name and cell. But by then it was too late.

This young guy came running into the mobile section, looking all disheveled and said, “sorry everybody, anybody needs help?”. It must have been around 1pm by now. Remember this guy was supposed to be in the Mobile section at 8am!

I decided to try one last time - I told him that I wanted a refund if they didn’t have the replacement Note 7’s. He told me that they didn’t. He also said that there was no problem, he could give me a refund.

All I needed was ALL the paperwork printouts, my receipt and the $200 gift card promotion they gave me about 5 or 6 days ago when I had bought my phone!!!!!

I told him that it was impossible, because I had already purchased something at that same Target with the gift card days ago! And that all the printouts that they gave me when I bought the phone should be in their database or something. Why can’t he just print them out. I told him I had my receipt but that it was totally crazy for him to expect me to have those printouts and a gift card that was issued to me days before. How would I know that I would need to do a transaction where I would have needed to return a gift card?

I never would have guessed that there would be so much trouble, where I would not be able to get a replacement phone , where my only recourse would have been to refund!

So we argued back and forth. I told him that this recall supersedes everything and that him trying to block me from my only option which was a refund by requiring all these absurd things like cell phone plan printouts (that he should have been able to print out again from his computer), the original gift card and my receipt was ridiculous, except for my receipt.

So basically, to bring my nightmare to an end, the guy I spoke to at the Verizon store downstairs came to Target looking for me!

He called me and said, “Hey, I was looking for you. I was wondering what was taking you so long. Come on down to the Verizon store and I’ll take care of you. I figured out a way to do it.”

At that moment my eyes lit up and I just bolted out of Target with him and went downstairs to the Verizon store.

Basically, they first took my bad Note 7, issued me a Verizon store card refund. Then they had me purchase a new, good, Note 7 (which I only had to pay a difference of $7). So that’s how my Note 7 recall nightmare came to an end.

I have no clue what I would have done if that Verizon store guy hadn’t come all the way inside Target looking for me. Later on, he told me that the Note 7 he had for me was the last one. That’s why he came looking for me!

If that didn’t happen, I have no clue what would have happened at Target. I’m pretty sure that the printouts the Target rep demanded could have been printed out again. But what would have happened about him demanding a gift card, that he knew was probably already used days before?

I have a feeling that whichever company owns and operates that Target Mobile will be using any tactic to block people from refunding phones. But what excuse would they use about not having new shipments of Note 7’s?

Anyway, I’m just glad I got lucky today. I hope you guys get lucky too.

(I read a few stories about AT&T accepting phones from Target customers. But one guy I met at Target who bought a Note 7 with AT&T said he tried returning his phone at 2 different AT&T stores and they would not do it for him. So I really think this situation is hit or miss. Or maybe a few of these stories are being planted by rival companies. Maybe this Target nonsense is something that may take some type of legal intervention. Especially if they don’t get new Note 7’s for a while, or don’t allow refunds for whatever crazy reasons. )

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Here is my story: Thankfully, it has a happy ending. I just got my replacement Note 7 this afternoon. It’s black. Not the platinum that I first bought. But I had originally wanted black anyway. I think it’s the best looking of the various colors, in terms of overall design, how the edges, top and bottom all blend together. It looks so awesome!

[ Warning - My Post Is VERY LONG! Written hastily - hope it helps ]

I don’t usually post anything to forums, but looking for some online info for Note 7’s purchased at Target was tough, until I found this board. A few of your stories gave me some hope. So I thought I would post my experience with the recall. Although, my story turned out great. I think it was by sheer luck. I shudder to think what I would have done if I weren’t so lucky today. Read thru and you’ll see why. I know this is a LONG post. But it’s the kind of story you just can’t shorten, because of all the back and forth and frustration.

I really feel for all the people who bought the Note 7 at Target Mobile. I’m not sure how you guys are gonna get your situations resolved. Especially if they gave you some type of promotional gift card. This gift card issue, could have screwed me up. They were running a promotion and issued a $200 gift card at the time of my purchase. Of course, I didn’t know that a week or so later that gift card would be used as one more reason for Target Mobile to try and not let me get a refund or Exchange of my Note 7!

I bought my Samsung Note 7 at a Target retail store, in Brooklyn, New York. Unfortunately, I bought it 2 days before they did the recall. I wasn’t worried. After all, Target is a huge chain store and wouldn’t have any issues like the smaller stores or mom and pop operations. Or so I thought!

Basically, just like everybody else on this board, they also gave me the runaround. What happened is that I waited until the official day that Samsung said that the replacement Note 7’s would be in stores. It was a Wednesday.

On that day I went out to the Target where I bought the phone and the rep told me that he wasn’t sure what I was talking about, and that I should come back in a couple days.

To make a long story short, I went back several times and called the 2 or 3 Target stores in my area, New York City. Basically, the Target reps either said they knew nothing about the recall, or if they did, they would always tell me to come back or wait until the following Monday. Which would be September 26, 2016.

Throughout all of this back and forth, going to Target several times and calling that store, as well as the other ones in my area, I started to realize that something was very wrong with the mobile division at Target. At this point I was still pretty confident that Target,a huge chain store would fix , my recall issue. So Sunday, Sept. 25, I went back to the store.

I went back to the Target around 6pm. This would probably have been my 4th or 5th trip. I asked the mobile rep there if the replacement Note 7’s came in and He said “Yes”. I let out a sigh of relief. I then asked him “are you sure they came in?”, and he said, “Yeah, we got a big shipment in, but I need you to come back later, in about 1 or 2 hours, because I don’t know how to do the recall”.

At this point I was just happy that the replacement Note 7’s came in. So I went back home, then returned around 8pm that same night.

The rep there was now a girl who told me she didn’t know about any recall and why hadn’t I left my name with the previous rep, so that she could have known I was coming.

I told her that this is a huge recall and that if she doesn’t know about it by now , that there’s a big problem.

So we argued back and forth for a few minutes. Another rep came over and suggested that we go down to customer service. When we went down to customer service, they told us they didn’t know anything about the recall. So I decided to remain calm. I thanked the current mobile rep for her help, even though she was rude to me. I asked the rep what time I should come back in the morning. She told me that the mobile section opens at 8am. Then I went home and formulated a plan for the next morning, Monday, sept.26th.

I wasn’t stupid enough to return at 8am on Monday morning. I just felt that there wouldn’t be anybody at the Target Mobile section. I was right. I got there at 10:30am and there was nobody there. I had to get help from one of the other workers, who told me that the guy should have been there at 8am, but never showed up!

Long story short again - I decided to go to a Verizon factory store and get my replacement phone, downstairs, in the same mall. They tried a few minutes and suggested that I go back to Target and get a refund. They said it would be easier that way.

So all I had to do was go upstairs back to Target, to try and get a refund, so I could go back downstairs to this Verizon corporate store and buy one of the new Note 7’s.

Of course another roadblock! The cashier at Target told me that there’s a block on Note 7 refunds and that I would have to go to the mobile section or return it to another Target store in the area. I had them call the other area Target store to see if I could go there and return the phone. After about 45 minutes on the phone, the other Target location told us that they couldn’t contact anyone in their mobile section.

So the cashier (in the returns area) told me why don’t I go to the mobile section and get the refund. I told them that the other workers said the mobile store reps abandoned the mobile section and never showed up. She and I then went to the mobile area to verify.

Sure enough, no one was in the mobile section. We then found out thru several workers that the Target Mobile section was not actually run and operated by Target, but by some other company.

So I asked them for a contact number for this company that runs their mobile section. I kid you not, no one had a clue what the number was or who to call. After about 30 minutes of waiting for them to find a number, they finally found somebody’s name and cell. But by then it was too late.

This young guy came running into the mobile section, looking all disheveled and said, “sorry everybody, anybody needs help?”. It must have been around 1pm by now. Remember this guy was supposed to be in the Mobile section at 8am!

I decided to try one last time - I told him that I wanted a refund if they didn’t have the replacement Note 7’s. He told me that they didn’t. He also said that there was no problem, he could give me a refund.

All I needed was ALL the paperwork printouts, my receipt and the $200 gift card promotion they gave me about 5 or 6 days ago when I had bought my phone!!!!!

I told him that it was impossible, because I had already purchased something at that same Target with the gift card days ago! And that all the printouts that they gave me when I bought the phone should be in their database or something. Why can’t he just print them out. I told him I had my receipt but that it was totally crazy for him to expect me to have those printouts and a gift card that was issued to me days before. How would I know that I would need to do a transaction where I would have needed to return a gift card?

I never would have guessed that there would be so much trouble, where I would not be able to get a replacement phone , where my only recourse would have been to refund!

So we argued back and forth. I told him that this recall supersedes everything and that him trying to block me from my only option which was a refund by requiring all these absurd things like cell phone plan printouts (that he should have been able to print out again from his computer), the original gift card and my receipt was ridiculous, except for my receipt.

So basically, to bring my nightmare to an end, the guy I spoke to at the Verizon store downstairs came to Target looking for me!

He called me and said, “Hey, I was looking for you. I was wondering what was taking you so long. Come on down to the Verizon store and I’ll take care of you. I figured out a way to do it.”

At that moment my eyes lit up and I just bolted out of Target with him and went downstairs to the Verizon store.

Basically, they first took my bad Note 7, issued me a Verizon store card refund. Then they had me purchase a new, good, Note 7 (which I only had to pay a difference of $7). So that’s how my Note 7 recall nightmare came to an end.

I have no clue what I would have done if that Verizon store guy hadn’t come all the way inside Target looking for me. Later on, he told me that the Note 7 he had for me was the last one. That’s why he came looking for me!

If that didn’t happen, I have no clue what would have happened at Target. I’m pretty sure that the printouts the Target rep demanded could have been printed out again. But what would have happened about him demanding a gift card, that he knew was probably already used days before?

I have a feeling that whichever company owns and operates that Target Mobile will be using any tactic to block people from refunding phones. But what excuse would they use about not having new shipments of Note 7’s?

Anyway, I’m just glad I got lucky today. I hope you guys get lucky too.

(I read a few stories about AT&T accepting phones from Target customers. But one guy I met at Target who bought a Note 7 with AT&T said he tried returning his phone at 2 different AT&T stores and they would not do it for him. So I really think this situation is hit or miss. Or maybe a few of these stories are being planted by rival companies. Maybe this Target nonsense is something that may take some type of legal intervention. Especially if they don’t get new Note 7’s for a while, or don’t allow refunds for whatever crazy reasons. )

That's horrible. Glad it worked out in the end. You should call Target guest relations and tell them this story (800-440-0680)

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! Just called a targrt near me (Sacramento,CA) and they are accepting exchanges! A few locations only got one or two phones. So now im just trying to track down a black phone. They said i needed my receipt and all the accessories and i would be good to go. Let's just hope so! I'll let you know how it goes!

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! Just called a targrt near me (Sacramento,CA) and they are accepting exchanges! A few locations only got one or two phones. So now im just trying to track down a black phone. They said i needed my receipt and all the accessories and i would be good to go. Let's just hope so! I'll let you know how it goes!

Keep us posted! Should be able to turn in just phone without accessories

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The mobile guys at the Target i work for were saying Nov. I messaged Verizon on Twitter expressing my concern abput needing to wait that long. They gave me the address to the nearest corporate store rt 4 in Paramus. I went there today and I asked the associate if they had note 7s in. He said yes and asked if i had my box. I said no. He said hold on nd walked to the back of the store and turned around informing me that he checked *in* back and they were out of stock. He gave me the address of the other corporate store and told me to call them first. Nothing helpful like I'll call for you..
I was about to give up and my wife said no, let's just try the Paramus rt 17 store.
We walk in, the greeter said them in stock and took my info.
The first woman said they were out of stock, I almost cried. Another associate came up and said oh no. We have all colors.
I explained what happened at Target. She said it wasn't a problem. Normally they couldn't take them back but the corporate stores HAD to because of the recall.
It took a while because the Target mobile guy messed it up and it was attached to my mother in laws phone number.. but she was able to figure it out.
She kept the box and the accessories because I didn't have them.
I had updated Samsung pay so my gift cards came with the new phone.
My last hurdle is going to be cancelling the insurance on the old phone. That has to go through Target mobile.
If you go through your Verizon app you can do a search of local stores and filter out authorized dealers.