Target Note 7 Recall Thread

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Tried Tweeting at Target. They told me to check the "updated" recall page. Which literally just says to check with the manufacturer and CPSC. Gee thanks. That told me even less than the store itself.

Since that didn't work, I called Verizon to see if they could just ship a phone to my house, and apparently they couldn't do it because it was after some 14 day thing? I don't see how that matters for a mandatory recall... But he credited my bill for the restocking fee in case I don't get to exchange it before the 30th when Verizon no longer will waive the restocking fee.

satooty

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I finally just gave up. I returned the phone to Target for a refund. They messed up my account, so Verizon was expecting me to trade in a device that I couldn't trade in, plus they didn't have the replacement phones in and Verizon did. They said they would need the gift card back, but after over an hour of trying to figure out how to do the return, waiting on hold with their third-party corporate line to get help, and me having to run back to get a receipt that should be in their system, they forgot to ask for the card. They owe me that for messing up my account and taking so long to sell me the phone in the first place, plus the time it took to return it.
Then, a Verizon corporate store hooked me up with a replacement in about half an hour. Much better. Now if I could just get them to reverse the $199 that they charged for me not trading in my old device. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again, Target Mobile.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I finally just gave up. I returned the phone to Target for a refund. They messed up my account, so Verizon was expecting me to trade in a device that I couldn't trade in, plus they didn't have the replacement phones in and Verizon did. They said they would need the gift card back, but after over an hour of trying to figure out how to do the return, waiting on hold with their third-party corporate line to get help, and me having to run back to get a receipt that should be in their system, they forgot to ask for the card. They owe me that for messing up my account and taking so long to sell me the phone in the first place, plus the time it took to return it.
Then, a Verizon corporate store hooked me up with a replacement in about half an hour. Much better. Now if I could just get them to reverse the $199 that they charged for me not trading in my old device. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again, Target Mobile.

If that ends up being the case for me I will literally laugh in Target's face about the gift card. Since we're now an entire week out of when they were supposed to have them in stock for a mandatory recall, returning the gift card is not my problem when they are giving me no other options except to return the phone.

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
All the verizon stores within a 50 mile radius of me don't have any stock of any color according to their website. Who knows when target will get phones. Samsung directly will not help at all. Boy does this suck...

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
All the verizon stores within a 50 mile radius of me don't have any stock of any color according to their website. Who knows when target will get phones. Samsung directly will not help at all. Boy does this suck...

Samsung won't help me either. I called last night and they said there's nothing they can do, it *has* to be through the original point of purchase and to just keep calling Target and they don't know why Target hasn't gotten them. What makes no sense to me, is that when any other manufacturer has a recall, you can always skip over the point of purchase and just deal directly with the manufacturer. If you bought a car from a third party retailer, the manufacturer can't up and say "Oh well sorry, you're out of luck then!" and not take care of the safety issue. So why is Samsung allowed to do that in this case?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to do the exchage at a Target other than the one where you originally purchased the Note 7? Is this allowed? My point-of-purchase Target doesn't have them yet and doesn't know when they'll get them (shocker), but I have a couple of other T's I can try.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to do the exchage at a Target other than the one where you originally purchased the Note 7? Is this allowed? My point-of-purchase Target doesn't have them yet and doesn't know when they'll get them (shocker), but I have a couple of other T's I can try.

You can exchange at any Target

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
We should all just report this ridiculousness to CPSA. This recall has been handled horribly by Samsung, the carriers and the retailers

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! Just called a targrt near me (Sacramento,CA) and they are accepting exchanges! A few locations only got one or two phones. So now im just trying to track down a black phone. They said i needed my receipt and all the accessories and i would be good to go. Let's just hope so! I'll let you know how it goes!

anyone have DCPI of the new note devices? so we can do an inventory search

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
So Target sold the Note 7 i asked them to put on hold for me. They suck! Now none of that targets around me have any phones. And I'm so tired of calling 7 different locations to check the stock and being told "I dont have any Note 7s and i dont know when we will". Is there a way to search for it at the stores? Someone was talking about it being available online?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Can't you just get ac refund? That's what i did. It was a pia to process but they had no issues actually doing it.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So Target sold the Note 7 i asked them to put on hold for me. They suck! Now none of that targets around me have any phones. And I'm so tired of calling 7 different locations to check the stock and being told "I dont have any Note 7s and i dont know when we will". Is there a way to search for it at the stores? Someone was talking about it being available online?

there is a way to check online if we have the DCPI number through this website http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

my local corporate verizon store stated they are receiving more note 7 devices next week

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I just left a message for CPSC about Target and Samsung. Hopefully they call me back but I'm just still shocked I have this recalled phone in my posession. Cant even charge is over 30%, or it gets wayyyyyy too hot 😖

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I just left a message for CPSC about Target and Samsung. Hopefully they call me back but I'm just still shocked I have this recalled phone in my posession. Cant even charge is over 30%, or it gets wayyyyyy too hot ??????

That sucks about your phone. I'm lucky and haven't had any problems with my recalled Note but I'm beyond irritated that I still have it and carriers were selling the exchange phones to new Note owners. Like gee, maybe you should have saved them for the exchanges like you were supposed to?

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
That is unbelievable!! I was going to return my phone to target but At&t refused to sell me a Note 7 that they recieved from the recall. I thought they were going to stop selling the phones till all the recalled phones were taken care of. I even gave them the ID number of the phone so they knew it was the recalled version. This whole thing makes me want to never get a samsung phone again... but It's still the best phone out there and I'm no iPhone user😓

KenDT91

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a conundrum because I purchased my Note 7 in NJ but moved to MT just before the recall was announced.

I've called all over, to which many have said "not my problem " but luckily the manager of the phone section in target in NJ emailed me and stated he would ensure the exchange went smoothly at my nearest Target in MT.

Only problem is mt nearest Target hasn't gotten in the replacements...and they are saying that I lose my $200 trade in credit. I said that can't be correct because I'm sure there would be an uproar from consumers.

They said they would check but that they sell the trade in phones to a 3rd party company that assumes no responsibility...

Anyone else had this problem? NJ target manager hasn't responded.

Also I have a sick teething 2 year old, and to go my nearest Target is a FOUR HOUR trip 😭😭

So I can't afford to go and be turned away, or have issues that can't be solved in store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams