10-11-2016 12:01 PM
81 1234
tools
    Microwave it then sue Samsung when it starts on fire. It's the only logical thing to do.
    09-10-2016 01:13 PM
    I just got off the phone with Samsung (3rd call) and T-Mobile (2nd call)

Samsung - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Reps just repeated over and over like robots to call T-mobile
    T-Mobile - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Said they have no record of sale and I need to contact the original owner of the phone.

I am just floored here...if you buy a used Toyota and there is a safety recall, Toyota doesn't say "the original owner needs to bring the car in". Samsung is seriously INSANE. I don't understand their thought process as to why they would let themselves open to million dollar lawsuits by not helping us.
    I wouldn't give up, wait a few days and wait for the Work week to begin. Sounds like the recall may be made official soon and Samsung will be forced to replace all devices no matter who's hands they are in. will be great for you but not so good for us because it may delay our replacements we thought would arrive soon.
    09-10-2016 02:06 PM

Samsung - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Reps just repeated over and over like robots to call T-mobile
    T-Mobile - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Said they have no record of sale and I need to contact the original owner of the phone.

I am just floored here...if you buy a used Toyota and there is a safety recall, Toyota doesn't say "the original owner needs to bring the car in". Samsung is seriously INSANE. I don't understand their thought process as to why they would let themselves open to million dollar lawsuits by not helping us.
    Hang on until the details of the US government recall are final, good chance things will change then. It's not like they have new ones to send out today anyways.
    09-10-2016 02:29 PM
    Something else that may help is to give CPSC a call and ask them to include guidance on owners of used phones in the recall. http://www.cpsc.gov/en/About-CPSC/Contact-Information/
    09-10-2016 02:31 PM
    finding it hard to believe IF it is a U.S. Carrier version REGARDLESS of where or how you obtained it (so long as it is not reported stolen) that the warranty for the device isn't in effect. i mean EVEN without the recall AND an invoice, a phone that has ONLY been out a month couldn't be out of warranty period...am i missing something?!

Especially with there being a recall out there...IF it were the Int'l version THEN i could see it, but a T-Mobile version??!! AND you're a T-Mobile customer?

no no no, that doesn't sound right....

I would tweet The T-Mobile T-Force... They are wayyyyy more helpful than T-Mo Cust Service...

(i once had a bankruptcy showing up from 10 years ago, Cust Serv, Activations AND Store Level said, "Sor-ry, NOTHING we can do"... I tweeted John Legere, he put me in touch w/ T-Force & by evening i had brandy new iphone 6s Plus, no money down IN HAND!

They move mountains!

BTC
    09-10-2016 05:35 PM
    I would also check with your local police department.

If the seller deliberately sold you defective goods you might have a case to seek fraud charges against them.

You said you found out about the recall the next day after the purchase, do you still have the listing of the sale to show if the seller could or should have been aware of the status of the phone before attempting to sell it.
    09-10-2016 06:38 PM
    Just talked to samsung.they are going to be giving all owners of the galaxy note 7 a new galaxy note 7.i told them I bought my galaxy note 7 off Craigslist. They took my imei and name & phone number. The guy said he added me to a list to get a new galaxy note 7.ill be getting a call back sometime on Monday. He also gave me a number to call if I don't get the call by Monday.
    That's cute. I paid $900+ and bought my Note 7 directly from Samsung.com. Not a carrier, not craigslist. When I called them yesterday, they told me "sorry, your only option is to send back for a refund and re-buy at some point in the future. There is no exchange program for those who bought directly on Samsung.com. Thanks!"

Glad they are exchanging Note 7's bought on craigslist. Outrageous. Never again, Samsung. What a joke.
    09-10-2016 07:31 PM
    I also bought on Craigslist a T-Mobile version. I still intend to trade mine in at the T-Mobile store. If that doesn't work, Samsung has to provide a safe replacement.
    09-12-2016 12:17 PM
    Just talked to samsung.they are going to be giving all owners of the galaxy note 7 a new galaxy note 7.i told them I bought my galaxy note 7 off Craigslist. They took my imei and name & phone number. The guy said he added me to a list to get a new galaxy note 7.ill be getting a call back sometime on Monday. He also gave me a number to call if I don't get the call by Monday.
    Can you please provide the phone number and representative that you spoke with?
    09-12-2016 12:21 PM

Actually it does make sense. From their perspective, how do they know that YOU didn't steal the original owners phone? That's why T-Mobile needs the original proof of sale to prove you are the original owner or at least give consent to send the phone in.
    09-12-2016 12:27 PM
    Actually it does make sense. From their perspective, how do they know that YOU didn't steal the original owners phone? That's why T-Mobile needs the original proof of sale to prove you are the original owner or at least give consent to send the phone in.
    No. It doesn't make sense. If it were stolen, the IMEI would be flagged as stolen. The product has a dangerous design flaw. Samsung and/or T-Mobile need to make it right for those with the product, whether bought directly or on aftermarket channel.
    09-12-2016 01:06 PM
    If it were stolen, the IMEI would be flagged as stolen.
    Not necessarily. Just because a phone is stolen doesn't mean it automatically gets "flagged" as stolen.
    09-13-2016 01:00 AM
    Just send a registered letter to Samsung in Korea.
    Tell them you are planning to send all popular media a press release about how they won't change your phone and potentialy many people at risk. It's a new samsung phone period
    09-13-2016 12:33 PM
    So, can we get the number?
    09-14-2016 03:59 AM
    I'm sort of in the same boat and also called Samsung last week and gave them my information. I emailed the CPSC on Monday explaining my situation and here is the response I received:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. We are currently working with Samsung to formally announce a recall on these devices and we issued a statement on Friday, September 9, 2016 (link below). Once we announce the recall we will have information on the procedure to participate in the recall and the remedy being offered to consumers.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/Pres...-Galaxy-Note7/

Best regards,
    Jennifer
    09-14-2016 05:42 AM
    I'm sort of in the same boat and also called Samsung last week and gave them my information. I emailed the CPSC on Monday explaining my situation and here is the response I received:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. We are currently working with Samsung to formally announce a recall on these devices and we issued a statement on Friday, September 9, 2016 (link below). Once we announce the recall we will have information on the procedure to participate in the recall and the remedy being offered to consumers.

Press Statement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | CPSC.gov

Best regards,
    Jennifer
    They still didn't answer your question. The recall site doesn't answer the question. I'm going to T-Mobile and expect them to give me a new one period.
    09-15-2016 05:49 PM
    Any luck ? I'm also on the same boat here unfortunately. Samsung was giving me a hard time about it
    09-15-2016 08:56 PM
    There is a video on YouTube which shows a guy opening up a Note 7, removing the battery, and poking holes in it with a pair of tweezers in order to make it catch fire. If you can get your hands on a safe battery you can undoubtedly have it replaced at a repair facility (or, if you're really brave, swap it out yourself).
    09-15-2016 09:24 PM
    you think samsung will at the very least exchange out the battery on those devices that were purchased through third party and have no proof of purchase? i know in the past ive been able to get devices repaired through there 1 year warranty that i purchased off swappa ebay craiglist, etc
    09-15-2016 09:46 PM
    Same here. I just called CPSC and they are going to "investigate" a solution. I'll keep you informed as to what happens.
    09-16-2016 02:10 PM
    Same here. I just called CPSC and they are going to "investigate" a solution. I'll keep you informed as to what happens.
    T-Mobile will not switch out the phone, period. They need a receipt. I've spent 2 hours on the phone today between Samsung and T-Mobile. Samsung took my information AGAIN and said to check back within 24 hours. It's absolutely ridiculous and the situation has me ready to go back to Apple and AT&T. Imagine if Toyota had a recall and required you to jump through hoops like this to get it done.
    09-16-2016 02:15 PM
    First off, I didn't post to hear a lecture about buying on Craigslist, so save it!

I bought this brand new (trade + cash deal) and found out about the recall the next day. The seller won't help me.

I called tmobile and they won't swap since they have no record of my purchase.

I called Samsung and seriously, the most rude, smug b*tch who ever existed said they will only help if bought from Samsung direct.

So are my only choices:
    -keep phone and risk it
    -throw in trash (better than ending up like guy with torched Jeep)

????

And no, re-sellling on ebay or swappa.com is not an option cuz buyer will just file paypal claim.

And I refuse to resell in craigslist cuz I'm too honest to do someone bad like that ..
    I would suggest not to buy from Craigslist. Only reputable dealers
    09-16-2016 02:17 PM
    Now that it's an official recall try calling Samsung again.
    09-16-2016 02:37 PM
    Swappa is reputable and that's where I got my device.
    09-16-2016 02:52 PM
    Yep.
    Don't listen to humanoids, full of hate and deceit. Recall is a recall and how about we take these guys here to court who suggests there is nothing you can do?

I have contacted samsung directly at 1800samsung and i told them that people online said there is nothing you can do because you bought it on craigslist and samsung laughed and said those people are not informed and do not listen to them. Simply take your phone to your carrier store on september 21 and if they refuse you, call 1800 samsung while you are in the store and they will take corrective measures to make sure you get your phone exchanged right away.

It is a win win my fri3nd because now you get a brand new note 7 with a corrected battery. Samsung is happy and customer is happy. Economy is happy. The rest have no relevance
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-16-2016 04:59 PM
81 1234