10-11-2016 12:01 PM
81 1234
tools
    Don't listen to humanoids, full of hate and deceit. Recall is a recall and how about we take these guys here to court who suggests there is nothing you can do?

I have contacted samsung directly at 1800samsung and i told them that people online said there is nothing you can do because you bought it on craigslist and samsung laughed and said those people are not informed and do not listen to them. Simply take your phone to your carrier store on september 21 and if they refuse you, call 1800 samsung while you are in the store and they will take corrective measures to make sure you get your phone exchanged right away.

It is a win win my fri3nd because now you get a brand new note 7 with a corrected battery. Samsung is happy and customer is happy. Economy is happy. The rest have no relevance
    I highly doubt that.. I just spoke to a friend who is a Manager in one of the tmobile stores.. he told me that there is no way a store can exchange a device without receipt, he even said that store can't even exchange if you bought note 7 from tmobiles customer service.. I don't know what to do.. I haven't contacted samsung yet..
    09-18-2016 01:19 PM
    If you have insurance can't you file a insurance claim. I know you will have to pay a deductible, but that's better then be out money and a phone.
    09-18-2016 03:44 PM
    Plug the IMEI of your phone in here : Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

If the response you get is "Attention:Your Galaxy Note7 is an affected device and is subject to this recall. It is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down immediately and contact your carrier or retail outlet to exchange it." Then it is subject to the recall.

If T-Mobile does not have the mechanism in place to provide a replacement, Samsung will have to. TMob may be limited to try and only provide replacements to active customers (if the phone is already active with them, then they shouldn't care who purchased it, just who is using it) (Same as if it had been given as a gift instead). But Samsung is providing the carriers with replacement phones, and situations of third part purchases are not unusual for them to deal with.
    09-18-2016 03:49 PM
    Samsung has offered me a new device and I purchased it craigslist! Just hound Samsung on every level. Call the CPSC as well
    or call 512-681-5896 its the Samsungs office in Texas
    09-19-2016 02:36 PM
    Samsung has offered me a new device and I purchased it craigslist! Just hound Samsung on every level. Call the CPSC as well
    or call 512-681-5896 its the Samsungs office in Texas
    I've spent days on the phone with Samsung and T-Mobile. They all kept telling me I needed to be the original owner. T-Mobile even tried to tell me if have to pay because they would treat my exchange device as a trade in. I finally lost my sh*t with Samsung on the phone today. They are "supposedly" contacting my local T-Mobile store to initiate the exchange. Samsung said that T-Mobile has to accept the device back "no questions asked" or they are not in compliance with the recall. We shall see.
    09-19-2016 03:59 PM
    I've spent days on the phone with Samsung and T-Mobile. They all kept telling me I needed to be the original owner. T-Mobile even tried to tell me if have to pay because they would treat my exchange device as a trade in. I finally lost my sh*t with Samsung on the phone today. They are "supposedly" contacting my local T-Mobile store to initiate the exchange. Samsung said that T-Mobile has to accept the device back "no questions asked" or they are not in compliance with the recall. We shall see.
    Agreed. They cannot deny you. Your mistake was ever mentioning CL. Don't give them a reason to dither.
    09-19-2016 04:07 PM
    I highly doubt that.. I just spoke to a friend who is a Manager in one of the tmobile stores.. he told me that there is no way a store can exchange a device without receipt, he even said that store can't even exchange if you bought note 7 from tmobiles customer service.. I don't know what to do.. I haven't contacted samsung yet..
    Your friend is mistaken. Call the retention department immediately. They will make it happen for you.
    09-19-2016 04:08 PM
    I would suggest not to buy from Craigslist. Only reputable dealers
    And you would pay 100s of dollars more than you have to. A sealed phone from CL with a clean IMEI is not a problem.
    09-19-2016 04:09 PM
    CPSC Home | CPSC.gov make sure you contact them too. I think they got the ball rolling as well. Threaten them with litigation.
    Do any and everything possible. I even emailed Tim Baxter. Not sure if the email went through, but I'm getting a replacement which is awesome.
    https://rocketreach.co/tim-baxter-email_1386276
    09-19-2016 05:11 PM
    My phone was sealed clean IMEI and I got an exchange. Samsung even offered me a refund price.
    09-19-2016 05:12 PM
    T-Mobile version, but you went to Samsung? I wonder if I should go to them directly? You already have the replacement??!
    09-19-2016 05:17 PM
    My phone was sealed clean IMEI and I got an exchange. Samsung even offered me a refund price.

T-Mobile version, but you went to Samsung? I wonder if I should go to them directly? You already have the replacement??!
    09-19-2016 05:18 PM
    Do you want to handle mine for me? Sounds like you got way further than I have. I've been getting the run around (or reach around depending on how you look at it).
    09-19-2016 05:31 PM
    Do you want to handle mine for me? Sounds like you got way further than I have. I've been getting the run around (or reach around depending on how you look at it).
    I am on the phone with Samsung currently. They are trying to direct me to T-Mobile, but I'm on hold while the rep inquires further.
    09-19-2016 05:35 PM
    I am on the phone with Samsung currently. They are trying to direct me to T-Mobile, but I'm on hold while the rep inquires further.
    The rep from T-Mobile is going to tell them that you need a receipt, and then he'll tell Samsung they can treat it as an upgrade but it'll cost you a little money out of pocket. It's a joke. I'm about ready to nuke the phone.
    09-19-2016 05:43 PM
    Ugh. I was just told someone from Samsung would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. They claim that T-Mobile has to replace any Note7 that is carrier branded without question without receipt. I'll believe it when I see it.
    09-19-2016 05:52 PM
    Ugh. I was just told someone from Samsung would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. They claim that T-Mobile has to replace any Note7 that is carrier branded without question without receipt. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Same exact thing they told me. I'm. It holding my breath for a call back. Hopefully you got a case number for when you call back.
    09-19-2016 08:12 PM
    No. It doesn't make sense. If it were stolen, the IMEI would be flagged as stolen. The product has a dangerous design flaw. Samsung and/or T-Mobile need to make it right for those with the product, whether bought directly or on aftermarket channel.
    You do understand that not all owners of mobile electrical devices have all that information readily available right? I know this because my career the last 19 years deals 65% with that alone.
    09-19-2016 08:21 PM
    I've spent days on the phone with Samsung and T-Mobile. They all kept telling me I needed to be the original owner.
    Did you try asking the original owner to email you his receipt so you can use that?
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-19-2016 08:50 PM
    Did you try asking the original owner to email you his receipt so you can use that?
    It needs to be the original purchaser. The way the carriers are handling the exchange, especially T-Mobile, is that they are refunding the original purchase, then recharging the same account again for the exchange. It makes no sense at all, but I imagine they are doing it for inventory purposes.
    09-20-2016 07:31 AM
    The rep from T-Mobile is going to tell them that you need a receipt, and then he'll tell Samsung they can treat it as an upgrade but it'll cost you a little money out of pocket. It's a joke. I'm about ready to nuke the phone.
    How the hell can you upgrade from the Note 7 to the Note 7? Someone just wants the commission.
    09-20-2016 07:52 AM
    How the hell can you upgrade from the Note 7 to the Note 7? Someone just wants the commission.
    Exactly. That was told to me twice by different T-Mobile reps.
    09-20-2016 09:14 AM
    I've been on the phone with Samsung for an hour now, they are not sure what to do. Verizon will not take it and the person I bought it from resold it to me from someone else.

The lady as Samsung said they had not resolution. I said "so I am just supposed to keep using a phone to could explode and catch fire?" she said hold one let me see what we can do. She is now on the phone with Verizon.

After and hour she said sorry there is nothing we can do.
    09-20-2016 10:40 AM
    keep updating this thread guys. I'm on the same boat. I'll be calling again soon. I refuse to take a complete loss on these.
    09-20-2016 11:46 PM
    Yep i too find myself stuck... bought a AT&T note 7 for a KILLER deal but i'm a sprint customer with the thought no biggie ill just unlock it, yeah no... and the real kicker???!!??? last night the 7 slipped off the night stand and chipped the display off of my wood bed frame WTF??? im now a little embarrassed to even ask but what choice have I?
    09-21-2016 11:29 AM
81 1234