Tmobile Note 7 from Craigslist.. Am I stuck with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soadserj2004

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
First off, I didn't post to hear a lecture about buying on Craigslist, so save it!

I bought this brand new (trade + cash deal) and found out about the recall the next day. The seller won't help me.

I called tmobile and they won't swap since they have no record of my purchase.

I called Samsung and seriously, the most rude, smug b*tch who ever existed said they will only help if bought from Samsung direct.

So are my only choices:
-keep phone and risk it
-throw in trash (better than ending up like guy with torched Jeep)

????

And no, re-sellling on ebay or swappa.com is not an option cuz buyer will just file paypal claim.

And I refuse to resell in craigslist cuz I'm too honest to do someone bad like that ..

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well there is another option you can do rather than buying a new Note 7 when they hit the stores.

Explain to Samsung the situation and ask how much it is to send in the Note 7 to install a new battery in it. At best they might install it for free or the worst thing is you have to pay for it.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Technically, no. Contact Samsung and explain to them the situation. I had a similar issue with a phone purchase off of Swappa where the user refused to take the device back for the recall. I contacted Samsung, explained the situation and they gave me a case number and said that I would be able to take back to the carrier for exchange only. They said they would be contacting T-Mobile on my behalf, so that remains to be seen. But there is some hope.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but Samsung should ante up. This is the type of story a federal agency would love to hear about during a "voluntary" recall and is why Consumer Reports wasn't happy with this process.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Just call Samsung up and tell them when it blows up and burns your house down, you're going to hold them liable for damages. And of course record the call for proof that they refuse to fix a known issue and are purposefully being negligent. And then post it on their Facebook page so we can share it and make it go viral.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
There's NO WAY you are stuck with it. They did a self imposed recall on it. It's their product. Why wouldn't they swap it out?
I think you need to go through a different Samsung channel. Keep calling until you get someone who is informed.
Isn't there an official Samsung recall notice that states how to get in touch with Samsung directly?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
You're not stuck with it. Call Samsung, if they don't make it right, then make it very clear you're going to talk to the CSPC.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Contact Samsung, if they don't replace it, then contact your state attorney, the FCC, and whoever. Samsung does not want a government issued recall, they start getting contacted by the attorney general's about not doing these recalls, Samsung will probably change their policy, they don't want it to be a government recall.

Also if you live in a populated area and can get the media to report how Samsung is letting third party buyers hang and not take the recall that will help to, it's amazing what negative media will do for you. Contact your media, get it on good morning America, Samsung will take notice and so will government officials. Samsung should just honor the recall directly, should be just exchange only, but at least do that.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, T-Mobile is not paying for any of the replacements. Maybe you need to talk to someone else at T-Mobile.
The carriers are just the go-betweens. They aren't losing any money by exchanging your phone.

Frank Dux

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Contact Samsung, if they don't replace it, then contact your state attorney, the FCC, and whoever. Samsung does not want a government issued recall, they start getting contacted by the attorney general's about not doing these recalls, Samsung will probably change their policy, they don't want it to be a government recall.

Also if you live in a populated area and can get the media to report how Samsung is letting third party buyers hang and not take the recall that will help to, it's amazing what negative media will do for you. Contact your media, get it on good morning America, Samsung will take notice and so will government officials. Samsung should just honor the recall directly, should be just exchange only, but at least do that.

I will contact Samsung again today and let everyone know what they say!!

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
They have to exchange it. It's a risk to your safety and their pockets. If something happens to your device they are 100% at fault if they refused to recall it.

My buddy just had his used toyota fixed. No proof of sale needed. All that was important was the date of manufacturing. I don't know why the carriers are having an hard time understanding on what a recall is. It is not a return. It cost them nothing. Samsung should be paying for this in full.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The trouble is the ***** you speak to at Samsung reads from a script. Your threats are meaningless because his job is safe as long as he sticks to the script and blows you off. You know who I would try? Every local tv news station in your area. Light needs to be shined on the issue. TV can do it.

I would also tweet Samsung customer support and every sammy ad thread.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, start bringing this to the public thru TV, government agencies, and so on. You will get Samsung to exchange the third party buyers direct, I wouldn't expect anything but an exchange. As we have seen reports, seems like PayPal is now denying the claims, think something because the phones were sold before the recall, seller not responsible, but either way I would go public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy