Tmobile Note 7 from Craigslist.. Am I stuck with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Money1

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Just talked to samsung.they are going to be giving all owners of the galaxy note 7 a new galaxy note 7.i told them I bought my galaxy note 7 off Craigslist. They took my imei and name & phone number. The guy said he added me to a list to get a new galaxy note 7.ill be getting a call back sometime on Monday. He also gave me a number to call if I don't get the call by Monday.

Get Money1

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I was told they want to get all the galaxy note 7 exchanged.he said if you buy from 3rd party you need to go through samsung not the carriers.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
First off, I didn't post to hear a lecture about buying on Craigslist, so save it!

I bought this brand new (trade + cash deal) and found out about the recall the next day. The seller won't help me.

I called tmobile and they won't swap since they have no record of my purchase.

I called Samsung and seriously, the most rude, smug b*tch who ever existed said they will only help if bought from Samsung direct.

So are my only choices:
-keep phone and risk it
-throw in trash (better than ending up like guy with torched Jeep)

????

And no, re-sellling on ebay or swappa.com is not an option cuz buyer will just file paypal claim.

And I refuse to resell in craigslist cuz I'm too honest to do someone bad like that ..

Throw it in the trash. Or give it to me. Sorry but in this day and age, buying on CL is too risky. Even people that bought on swappa are getting boned.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just talked to samsung.they are going to be giving all owners of the galaxy note 7 a new galaxy note 7.i told them I bought my galaxy note 7 off Craigslist. They took my imei and name & phone number. The guy said he added me to a list to get a new galaxy note 7.ill be getting a call back sometime on Monday. He also gave me a number to call if I don't get the call by Monday.
Lucky you personally I would rather deal with samsung than sprint but thats not a option.

soadserj2004

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung (3rd call) and T-Mobile (2nd call)

Samsung - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Reps just repeated over and over like robots to call T-mobile
T-Mobile - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Said they have no record of sale and I need to contact the original owner of the phone.

I am just floored here...if you buy a used Toyota and there is a safety recall, Toyota doesn't say "the original owner needs to bring the car in". Samsung is seriously INSANE. I don't understand their thought process as to why they would let themselves open to million dollar lawsuits by not helping us.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Samsung - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Reps just repeated over and over like robots to call T-mobile
T-Mobile - absolutely WILL NOT help me. Said they have no record of sale and I need to contact the original owner of the phone.

I am just floored here...if you buy a used Toyota and there is a safety recall, Toyota doesn't say "the original owner needs to bring the car in". Samsung is seriously INSANE. I don't understand their thought process as to why they would let themselves open to million dollar lawsuits by not helping us.

I wouldn't give up, wait a few days and wait for the Work week to begin. Sounds like the recall may be made official soon and Samsung will be forced to replace all devices no matter who's hands they are in. will be great for you but not so good for us because it may delay our replacements we thought would arrive soon.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Hang on until the details of the US government recall are final, good chance things will change then. It's not like they have new ones to send out today anyways.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
finding it hard to believe IF it is a U.S. Carrier version REGARDLESS of where or how you obtained it (so long as it is not reported stolen) that the warranty for the device isn't in effect. i mean EVEN without the recall AND an invoice, a phone that has ONLY been out a month couldn't be out of warranty period...am i missing something?!

Especially with there being a recall out there...IF it were the Int'l version THEN i could see it, but a T-Mobile version??!! AND you're a T-Mobile customer?

no no no, that doesn't sound right....

I would tweet The T-Mobile T-Force... They are wayyyyy more helpful than T-Mo Cust Service...

(i once had a bankruptcy showing up from 10 years ago, Cust Serv, Activations AND Store Level said, "Sor-ry, NOTHING we can do"... I tweeted John Legere, he put me in touch w/ T-Force & by evening i had brandy new iphone 6s Plus, no money down IN HAND!

They move mountains!

BTC

Last edited:

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I would also check with your local police department.

If the seller deliberately sold you defective goods you might have a case to seek fraud charges against them.

You said you found out about the recall the next day after the purchase, do you still have the listing of the sale to show if the seller could or should have been aware of the status of the phone before attempting to sell it.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
That's cute. I paid $900+ and bought my Note 7 directly from Samsung.com. Not a carrier, not craigslist. When I called them yesterday, they told me "sorry, your only option is to send back for a refund and re-buy at some point in the future. There is no exchange program for those who bought directly on Samsung.com. Thanks!"

Glad they are exchanging Note 7's bought on craigslist. Outrageous. Never again, Samsung. What a joke.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I also bought on Craigslist a T-Mobile version. I still intend to trade mine in at the T-Mobile store. If that doesn't work, Samsung has to provide a safe replacement.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

Can you please provide the phone number and representative that you spoke with?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Actually it does make sense. From their perspective, how do they know that YOU didn't steal the original owners phone? That's why T-Mobile needs the original proof of sale to prove you are the original owner or at least give consent to send the phone in.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Actually it does make sense. From their perspective, how do they know that YOU didn't steal the original owners phone? That's why T-Mobile needs the original proof of sale to prove you are the original owner or at least give consent to send the phone in.

No. It doesn't make sense. If it were stolen, the IMEI would be flagged as stolen. The product has a dangerous design flaw. Samsung and/or T-Mobile need to make it right for those with the product, whether bought directly or on aftermarket channel.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just send a registered letter to Samsung in Korea.
Tell them you are planning to send all popular media a press release about how they won't change your phone and potentialy many people at risk. It's a new samsung phone period

xUpgrayeDDx

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

So, can we get the number?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm sort of in the same boat and also called Samsung last week and gave them my information. I emailed the CPSC on Monday explaining my situation and here is the response I received:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. We are currently working with Samsung to formally announce a recall on these devices and we issued a statement on Friday, September 9, 2016 (link below). Once we announce the recall we will have information on the procedure to participate in the recall and the remedy being offered to consumers.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/Pre...ommission-Regarding-the-Samsung-Galaxy-Note7/

Best regards,
Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci