10-13-2016 06:38 PM
35 12
tools
    Do you think CPW will let us replace out New Note 7, as looking at different carriers I think they may stop selling them soon.......... I was thinking of the new Pixel phone axis a replacement? What do people think?
    I would think so, but based on my experience they might make us wait till Samsung officially updates them on the situation.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

I really don't want to give my Note 7 back I like it far to much especially the S Pen But with all the reports of replacement Note 7 still having problems looks like I have no choice.

I don't even know what phone to get to replace it? I'll have to look more into the Pixel, V20 etc and also provided CPW lets us swap it out for any phone we choose.
    10-09-2016 05:15 PM
    I tried to get the credit but they keep on saying it was only for people who preordered and not us who has to swap ours etc. So I'm never getting a phone from them again
    How many different people at CPW have told you that?

I called up several times and I was only told it once.
    10-09-2016 05:17 PM
    I tried to get the credit but they keep on saying it was only for people who preordered and not us who has to swap ours etc. So I'm never getting a phone from them again
    They're mugging you off.
    10-10-2016 02:18 AM
    They're mugging you off.
    10-10-2016 02:18 AM
    I spoke to CPW and they told me that they have not received any news/update from Samsung on the replacements being faulty.

Once they do they said they will notify all Note 7 owners.

I was also told that if Samsung do confirm to them that the replacements are bad then he doesn't see why we wouldn't be able to swap the Note 7 for any other phone we choose, also saying that the Note 7 is a "Premium" device so we'll be able to swap it for any other Premium phone on the market or a Full refund.
    10-10-2016 10:38 AM
    Has anyone had their replacement or original returned to CPW for a swap to a different phone? What was your experience? Which phone did you decide to get?
    10-13-2016 09:51 AM
    I haven't returned mine yet but called and been into one store and both said I'd be able to cancel my contract and get a full refund for the amount paid so for (didn't pay anything upfront), go back to a sim only deal and have my upgrade available status reset which is what I asked for, neither tried to suggest I wouldn't be able to but ill seen how it goes when I return it at the weekend. They didn't mention the free gear VR if you pre-ordered so might be able to keep that, I don't think the phone even got to general sale so I imagine the majority of people got these.

The shop I went into wasn't the one I collected from and they said I should return it to the original place but I imagine that's just so it's one less job for them. The chap I spoke to even suggested I might want to hold onto it since its one of the rarest phones in the country but think I'll pass on that one.
    10-13-2016 05:23 PM
    Great thread guys.

Got my swap 2 weeks ago but no-one mentioned £50 credit. Will phone up tomorrow.

I absolutely love my Note7. Want to keep it a few months longer. Maybe I'm foolish.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:32 PM
    I didn't get the £50 credit either, didn't find out about this forum til after so just assumed I'd missed out. Would appreciate it if you can let us know if you can still get it, would make up a little for the amount of hassle.

Would love to hang on to mine for abit longer, only got an iphone4s to go back to until I buy something else but get so paranoid whenever it gets slightly warm. We're there ever any reports of them 'exploding' in the u.k?
    10-13-2016 05:52 PM
    I want to keep my Note 7 as well there just isn't any other Android out right now that I want so I may end trying the iPhone 7+, I've never owned an iOS device before so I guess I'm curious more than anything but I'm not sure yet haven't made a decision.

I haven't seen any reports of UK Note 7s catching fire, thinking about it I haven't seen any since the phone started shipping.
    10-13-2016 06:38 PM
35 12