10-13-2016 06:38 PM
35 12
tools
    Spoke to CW yesterday and apparently you need to take your phone in before they can order a new device in.

They will also give you a £50 Samsung voucher to spend for the 'inconvenience'.

No temporary phone unless you buy a cheap one with the voucher which is ridiculous.
    soul99 likes this.
    09-13-2016 12:23 AM
    Spoke to CW yesterday and apparently you need to take your phone in before they can order a new device in.

No temporary phone unless you buy a cheap one with the voucher which is ridiculous.
    It's not their responsibility to provide a loaner, it wasn't their fault about the recall. Be happy you are getting the samsung Voucher
    09-13-2016 12:39 AM
    It's not their responsibility to provide a loaner, it wasn't their fault about the recall. Be happy you are getting the samsung Voucher
    Be happy?

Yeah, I'm ecstatic I've got to return my £700 phone for two weeks or more and get a £50 to spend on Samsung products for the inconvenience...
    09-13-2016 01:56 AM
    Right I see. I was going to give them a call today. Looks like I'll have to do this then. Lucky for me, I hung on to my Note 4.

Have you returned your device already?
    09-13-2016 04:03 AM
    I spoke to CPW over the phone and the first person i talked to put me through to Samsung Support and i was told by Samsung support that I had to give them my details which they will then pass onto the Retailer/Provider i got the phone from and they (CPW) will then contact me to arrange the replacement.

After that i called CPW back and got someone else and this person confirmed that what @PeakyBlinder was told is true

however he also said that the local CPW stores will get replacement Note 7's on the 19th which he confirmed and that i can go to my local CPW on the 19th to swap to get the new replacement Note 7.

So i could keep using my current Note 7 till the 19th and then swap it for the replacement then, I haven't had a chance yet to speak to my local CPW to see what they say.

I would call Samsung Support and get them to put you through to the team handling the Note 7 replacement and give them your details so that they can get CPW to call you and arrange the replacement as the Note 7's being sent to the CPW stores may get reserved by the people that arrange replacements days/weeks before the 19th.
    gedzum and PeakyBlinder like this.
    09-13-2016 10:28 AM
    Be happy?

Yeah, I'm ecstatic I've got to return my £700 phone for two weeks or more and get a £50 to spend on Samsung products for the inconvenience...
    Point being. Be mad at Samsung not the retail location you purchased it from. Why should they provide a loaner?
    09-14-2016 01:49 AM
    I went into a store yesterday they checked their stock and said I was lucky I went into the store for them to order me a replacement into the store as they were now only showing 71 in stock from over 400 that morning. The manager said there was no way he would be able to swap on 19th as informed by Samsung and CPW customer services. Hopefully we will get the voucher
    09-14-2016 09:46 AM
    Took my Note 7 into the Carphone Warehouse last Friday and, having just called them, my new Note 7 is in stock and ready to be collected tonight. Also picking up a Fast Charge Wireless Charging pad with the £50 free credit that they have given me. Very pleased with the turnaround time on that.

Been using my old Samsung S6 in the meantime and, damn, the battery life is shocking compared to the Note 7. Forgot just how bad it was.
    09-28-2016 08:14 AM
    Well three took my note 7 last week still haven't heard when I'm getting my replacement but they gave me a s6 edge as a loaner can't wait to get me note back the battery life on this s6 edge is shocking
    09-28-2016 09:31 AM
    Took my Note 7 into the Carphone Warehouse last Friday and, having just called them, my new Note 7 is in stock and ready to be collected tonight. Also picking up a Fast Charge Wireless Charging pad with the £50 free credit that they have given me. Very pleased with the turnaround time on that.

Been using my old Samsung S6 in the meantime and, damn, the battery life is shocking compared to the Note 7. Forgot just how bad it was.
    When did they give you £50 in credit to spend in store?

Was it added to your account? If so have you confirmed with CPW that it's actually on your account?

I was told the credit is for people who pre-ordered and never got the phone, not for people that got it and need a replacement.
    09-28-2016 12:02 PM
    That's what they told me so I tweeted them with a pic of this forum and they have gone quiet now ha ha
    09-29-2016 07:01 AM
    When did they give you £50 in credit to spend in store?

Was it added to your account? If so have you confirmed with CPW that it's actually on your account?

I was told the credit is for people who pre-ordered and never got the phone, not for people that got it and need a replacement.
    That is simply not true (what they told you). It's a goodwill gesture for replacing your explosive phone.
    I was told to contact customer services who asked a few security questions and they put the £50 on my account. When I went into store I used the £50 credit to buy a Samsung Wireless Charging pad.

I've confirmed it's on my account as I didn't pay for it with any of my money! I even phoned them up prior to getting my phone to reserve one. They checked their system, "yes the credit here, ill put it in the bag for you".

If you want to name a store, tell them the store in Fleet has done this for a customer.
    Dealz417 likes this.
    09-29-2016 07:13 AM
    Best bet is to call customer services on 0370 111 6565 as they are the one who put the money on your account. They will confirm this for you.
    Dealz417 likes this.
    09-29-2016 07:16 AM
    That's what they told me so I tweeted them with a pic of this forum and they have gone quiet now ha ha
    Wait, did they also tell you that it's for customers that pre-ordered and never got the phone due to the recall and customers that pre-ordered and did get the phone won't get the £50 credit?

I feel like they have been giving me the run around regarding this, I got told by CPW it's down to Samsung, Samsung told me they know nothing and it's down to CPW. CPW then tells me to get it done in store, The CPW store tells me they can't issue the credit as they have no ability to at the store and I should ring head office who tell me they can't issue it either and it automatic once the replacement is ordered.

But on the day I collected my replacement the credit wasn't on my account so yeah I don't know.

Maybe we'll know more if @PeakyBlinder gets confirmation they do have the credit.
    09-29-2016 07:21 AM
    @PeakyBlinder Thank you for confirming that, I'll give them another call.
    09-29-2016 07:24 AM
    Wait, did they also tell you that it's for customers that pre-ordered and never got the phone due to the recall and customers that pre-ordered and did get the phone won't get the £50 credit?

I feel like they have been giving me the run around regarding this, I got told by CPW it's down to Samsung, Samsung told me they know nothing and it's down to CPW. CPW then tells me to get it done in store, The CPW store tells me they can't issue the credit as they have no ability to at the store and I should ring head office who tell me they can't issue it either and it automatic once the replacement is ordered.

But on the day I collected my replacement the credit wasn't on my account so yeah I don't know.

Maybe we'll know more if @PeakyBlinder gets confirmation they do have the credit.
    Once you ring customer services, you will 100% have the credit applied to your account.

@PeakyBlinder Thank you for confirming that, I'll give them another call.
    No problem.
    09-29-2016 07:27 AM
    How is your replacement note 7
    09-29-2016 08:36 AM
    Absolutely fine. Exactly the same as the last one. Battery life is top draw.

It's a shame that there 35 unconfirmed reports have tarnished what is, easily, the best phone on the market.
    09-30-2016 05:28 AM
    Mine rebooted on me 2 times in the evening on the day I got it, I was adding and setting up accounts, apps etc when I checked GSam my battery temp was high, the highest it had been that day.

My battery temperature has not been that high since then and it has been fine no reboots.

Performance has been very good, along with battery life.
    09-30-2016 06:23 AM
    Once you ring customer services, you will 100% have the credit applied to your account.
    Thanks again, I got the £50 credit transfer to my account today.
    10-04-2016 09:13 AM
    That's good to ere I no it was a shame my first note was brilliant no problems with it what so ever just hope my replacement is that's when I get it three still taking the mic can't cope with this s6 edge much longer the battery on this thing is a proper joke
    10-04-2016 11:25 AM
    Thanks again, I got the £50 credit transfer to my account today.
    Glad you got it sorted.

Did you buy a wireless charger? Not a massive fan of them to be honest. When you are trying to sleep there is a blue LED which lights up the room and you can actually hear it aswell, it's pretty loud.

Ended up sticking it downstairs for a casual charge and stuck to my wired charger for bedside.
    10-05-2016 04:57 AM
    I tried to get the credit but they keep on saying it was only for people who preordered and not us who has to swap ours etc. So I'm never getting a phone from them again
    10-05-2016 11:53 PM
    Do you think CPW will let us replace out New Note 7, as looking at different carriers I think they may stop selling them soon.......... I was thinking of the new Pixel phone axis a replacement? What do people think?
    10-09-2016 02:57 PM
    Glad you got it sorted.

Did you buy a wireless charger? Not a massive fan of them to be honest. When you are trying to sleep there is a blue LED which lights up the room and you can actually hear it aswell, it's pretty loud.

Ended up sticking it downstairs for a casual charge and stuck to my wired charger for bedside.
    Me too!

Nope I already got one that I brought a few weeks earlier on eBay. The blue light doesn't bother me to much plus I don't usually charge the phone at night.

Fast charge is pretty quick so I normally just charge it first thing in the morning when I get up and it's 100% in around an hour or less give or take.
    10-09-2016 05:07 PM
35 12