10-20-2016 10:56 PM
64 123
tools
    No it was a different person.
    09-21-2016 12:14 PM
    I left a message for the wireless advocates distribution manager for Costco. If I don't hear back by this time tomorrow, I'll post his number here so that others can try. There's no excuse for not telling the customers when to expect the replacements when every other store has gotten or is getting them soon. Samsung told me today that if a store does not have stock today, it's because that store did not participate in the process or answer communications from Samsung.
    09-21-2016 12:26 PM
    Yes, I think it is completely out of hand and if I don't get some sort of resolution today I will start making some noise. I have sent out more emails last night and this morning. I don't think they really "get" it. I have this phone that will not be mine so I have not completely customized it with all my apps and especially Samsung Pay because I have to actually call my banks. So I have been paying full price for service and basic use of my phone. Not to mention the new nag screens constantly reminding me that I am being getting sub par service from Costco, who I thought I could trust. Unacceptable.
    09-21-2016 12:35 PM
    Hey guys, any luck? I spend 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Verizon who in turn called the Advocate Wireless Kiosk at Costco. AV seems to be completely useless. Although many if not all other retailers have managed to get replacement devices, Costco still seems to be completely at a loss. They keep promising dates when they really have absolutely no clue when the devices will come in. They will not provide a loaner device and because I bought into the BOGO offer, I can't return my Note7 at Costco and go buy another one at a Verizon store. Come on Costco it is time to gt your ----- together. This is not a minor issue of inconvenience. It is definitely a safety issue. And since my old Note 3 is not functional I can't simply power this device off and wait. I run my business off of my phone. Any luck with contacting the distribution manager for AV?
    09-23-2016 09:33 AM
    My wife has a TMobile Note 7 purchased at Costco. We called TMobile customer support yesterday, they transferred us to another number dedicated to handling the Note 7 recall and her new Note 7 will be delivered to our local TMo store today (hopefully).

I would work with your carrier versus CostCo.
    09-23-2016 09:39 AM
    Hey guys, any luck? I spend 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Verizon who in turn called the Advocate Wireless Kiosk at Costco. AV seems to be completely useless. Although many if not all other retailers have managed to get replacement devices, Costco still seems to be completely at a loss. They keep promising dates when they really have absolutely no clue when the devices will come in. They will not provide a loaner device and because I bought into the BOGO offer, I can't return my Note7 at Costco and go buy another one at a Verizon store. Come on Costco it is time to gt your ----- together. This is not a minor issue of inconvenience. It is definitely a safety issue. And since my old Note 3 is not functional I can't simply power this device off and wait. I run my business off of my phone. Any luck with contacting the distribution manager for AV?
    No luck yet. None of the management will answer the phone and they don't return messages either. Pisses me off, as that is basic customer service and if you can't handle that, you have no business being in a management position.

Several stores (Miami, Atlanta, Tampa) have told me they have an email saying they will arrive today (23rd). Everyone at my Costco has been fantastic. But the executives at WA are useless.
    09-23-2016 09:53 AM
    I called my carrier, Verizon in this case. The CS person was very nice and at first started with telling me there was nothing that she could do since I bought the phone at Costco. However then she did call the store and talk to the person at the kiosk who supposedly in turn called her manager. After seeing the how disorganized Advocate is in dealing with this recall, the Verizon CS then talked to her manager to see if there was anything that Verizon could do. The problem apparently is that this bomb of a phone cannot be returned through the mail and therefore must be returned at a store. Because of the BOGO I cannot return it to Costco. She then called a Verizon corporate store and the manager there promptly informed her that they cannot exchange devices purchased at Costco. The lesson to be learned here is NEVER buy a phone from Costco again. Even BestBuy who also had the BOGO offer has replacements. Costco/Advocate Wireless is clearly not all that concerned about the safety of it's customers.
    09-23-2016 10:30 AM
    One of their stores on Facebook commented "I don't know of any retailers who have gotten any in yet" lol
    09-23-2016 10:42 AM
    Just called my Costco store and the manager there said they were getting them tomorrow. He is gonna call me as soon as they come in. At least everything is sounding more concrete and that makes me feel a ton better.
    09-23-2016 10:53 AM
    I talked to Charon and she offered me an alternative deal. She never called me back when I was going to accept the deal.
    09-23-2016 11:06 AM
    FWIW, I called Sammy, and they are taking over the replacement of my phone (I hope). Got a case number and everything. If successful, it at least means I'll have two phones side by side to use SmartSwitch on, to transfer everything. Costco kiosks can't provide information on exchanges, and I've heard everything from "go to Verizon," "we're not carrying the Note 7 any more and won't be exchanging them," and "there's no recall" to "you are outside your return period and can't return the phone."
    09-23-2016 03:30 PM
    Just got this email from Costco:

This is a Costco Product Safety Alert Update.

The Samsung Note 7 cell phone you've recently purchased has a safety recall.

If you have not done so already, please power off your Samsung Note 7 cell phone immediately. You may check to see if your phone is affected in this recall by calling Samsung at 1-844-365-6197 or visiting https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=BczaXuR1.

If you are a Verizon or T-Mobile customer, new replacement Note 7s are expected in Costco locations starting Friday 9/23/2016. If you are a Sprint or AT&T customer, product will be available via Direct Delivery next week.

Product selection and colors limited to quantity on hand. For additional details, please visit your local Costco Wireless Center.
    09-23-2016 03:30 PM
    Believe it or not, after about an hour of calling I found the only Costco in Southern California that had any Note 7's, and I can exchange it today. I guess sacrificing a virgin really helped. The delay was finding one in L.A. 😁
    09-23-2016 08:12 PM
    so, after I got that email, I called Costco and surprise surprise surprise (Homer Pile) , they had some! I was told they haven't had time to call people on their list yet because the were too busy exchanging phones lol. They only got black and silver, so I chose silver (I love it).
    09-23-2016 09:14 PM
    Got my replacement today. They processed it as a return and it reset my finance period. So I am not sure why they did it this way. I hope it does not affect my rebate. Also, it would seem that the first $36 payment I made to verizon for the phone just vaporized. I guess I have to make more calls.
    09-24-2016 12:40 PM
    Still on hold here. I called the Costco here in Lake in the Hills, IL and they only received black and silver also. I currently have a coral blue and really like the color. I had to wait for a week to get it up front, and I really don't wish to settle now, but am torn about getting a safe replacement. I called Samsung on Friday and they told me that all retailers will receive replacements in all colors that were sold. She assured me that my Costco would receive blue replacements by Monday (tomorrow) at the latest. Has anyone been able to exchange for a blue Note 7 at a Costco kiosk yet? Just hoping all of this nonsense is over soon.
    09-25-2016 11:06 PM
    Hello all. Disclaimer: This is my first post as a new member so I apologize if I offend anyone with my opinions based on my personal experience at Costco, Verizon support, or Samsung.

Like many of you and potentially hundreds of thousands of loyal Samsung customers, I was screwed. In all I spent at least 5 hours on the phone with Verizon, Costco, the Costco authorized Verizon retailer, and Samsung themselves. I had to verify every detail, from stock and replacement timing, color options, payment, "gift" eligibility, etc.
    What did I get in return? Finally, a replacement Note 7. Yaaay /sarcasm

When I got my original Note 7, I will admit that I made the mistake of losing my entire wireless retailer plastic baggy including the original receipt, box, free charging device, and all original accessories. I called Costco and confirmed with the wireless district manager through their representative that I would still be able to return my recalled Note 7 with no problems- yet after hours of dealing with the return/replacement, the Costco store manager gave me trouble for not having all the original box and accessories. I have no problems with Costco because it was SAMSUNG who is literally threatening Costco with not reimbursing them for any device without the original box and accessories.
    That is ridiculous. Samsung needs to cough up every penny to customers, wireless providers, and retailers over this botched device and recall effort.

In summary, I am considering switching to Apple, because they would ultimately handle a potential recall much better than Samsung. This has been a personal time wasting disaster and I'm livid at Samsung Electronics- so are store managers and employees on all sides.

I have mentioned the 24+ hours I spent on setting up my Note 7. How does a "potential" $25 credit on my Verizon bill even come close to compensating me for this massive inconvenience?

Samsung is a joke. I will keep this device as long as I can and switch to Apple or an alternate competing manufacturer's device most likely within 2 years.
    09-28-2016 10:32 AM
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just settled in with this replacement note. I want to exchange for another phone and don't want S7 or S7edge. I got the Bogo deal (an S7 and S7 Note). My rebate is on the way and I want to make sure I am able to keep the rebate. Anyone else in the same boat?
    10-10-2016 07:43 PM
    same boat here (except I have my rebate card). I don't think they can take back the rebate. The terms do not say you have to keep the phone (s), only the LINES for 6 months.

I'm thinking about the Pixel XL. Does anyone know if Costco will sell them?
    10-10-2016 11:36 PM
    As long as you switch to a S7 or S7E the rebate should be valid. Costco is currently running a $225 Costco cash card promotion on the S7. I'm wondering if you can get this too after trading in the N7? If so, that would be $672 for the BOGO plus $450 for two S7's. The BOGO was handled through Verizon whereas the new rebate appears to be through Costco's rebate clearing house. I could handle two S7s for a while if they give me another rebate on top of the BOGO. As I understand Costco is handling this a a return and buy so it might just work!
    10-11-2016 12:35 AM
    My Costco is saying they haven't heard when they will get their replacements and the main customer service for wireless advocates (the kiosk at Costco), said just now "Samsung has told us anything and I think they are still trying to figure out how they are going to handle the recall" lol
    I am in the same boat with you. I got the BOGO promotion and due to that I've been stuck with Samsung's smartphones. The reps in COSTCO told me if I return my note 7 without buying a samsung S7 or S7 edge, I will have to return my S7, for which I am still waiting for the rebate. IMO, note 7 is an amazing phone and I really like it. I hope I could keep N7 but have to prepare for the worst case - to exchange for another samsung S7 or edge 7.
    10-11-2016 12:41 AM
    same boat here (except I have my rebate card). I don't think they can take back the rebate. The terms do not say you have to keep the phone (s), only the LINES for 6 months.

I'm thinking about the Pixel XL. Does anyone know if Costco will sell them?
    Did the tracking site update once the card was mailed? My tracking has been showing "We are getting your reward ready for the mail" for the last week now.
    10-11-2016 09:42 AM
    I am about to get on chat with Verizon and I noticed that it says "Upgrade Available" on my Note 7. I wonder what that means..... If it means I can simply upgrade to a different phone through Verizon and skip Costco I will be one happy customer. Well besides having to give up the Note 7.
    10-11-2016 09:49 AM
    I believe everyone who bought a Note 7 with a DPP on Verizon has had the DPP dissolved and any payments made have been credited back (see other post on this forum - I can confirm that my DPP for both Note 7's on my account have been zero'd and refunded the amount I have already paid into it). Also, as stated in a previous post, the terms only say you must keep the lines active for 6 months on the BOGO, it did not specify the phone purchased (or other Galaxy device) must be active. I think everyone will get to keep the BOGO regardless of what phone is on their account but YMMV of course. Everyone with a Note 7 on Verizon should be upgrade eligible immediately. I would return the Note 7's to Costco (or wherever they were purchased) to get sales tax refunded. You should be able to take full advantage of any promotion currently active at Costco or anywhere else just like a regular upgrade.
    10-11-2016 09:59 AM
    I believe everyone who bought a Note 7 with a DPP on Verizon has had the DPP dissolved and any payments made have been credited back (see other post on this forum - I can confirm that my DPP for both Note 7's on my account have been zero'd and refunded the amount I have already paid into it). Also, as stated in a previous post, the terms only say you must keep the lines active for 6 months on the BOGO, it did not specify the phone purchased (or other Galaxy device) must be active. I think everyone will get to keep the BOGO regardless of what phone is on their account but YMMV of course. Everyone with a Note 7 on Verizon should be upgrade eligible immediately. I would return the Note 7's to Costco (or wherever they were purchased) to get sales tax refunded. You should be able to take full advantage of any promotion currently active at Costco or anywhere else just like a regular upgrade.

Wow. This matches what the costco wireless person just told me. She said I will keep my rebate no matter what and she is hearing we will get even more on top of that. She must have been talking about zeroing out the payment plan and keeping the phone (she said don't keep the phone if I feel unsafe, but if I want to wait, that's fine too). She also said they should get the LG V20 (doesn't know when), but she doesn't think they will get the Pixel.
    10-11-2016 10:10 AM
64 123