Costco Note 7 Recall Thread

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Costco replacements?

Well that was fun. The Corp store sale rep called customer care and validated that I was indeed told to exchange at any Corp store. Then he proceeded to argue with customer care for 20 minutes, hung up, and would not honor the notes in my account. Keep in mind the customer care rep earlier volunteered the the offer to exchange in a Corp store even though I bought it from Costco. I did not even ask her about doing it. So I am a little frustrated to say the least.

The main issue I believe is carriers are treating this as a voluntary exchange instead of mandatory. The difference being the former is return and rebuy and the latter would be an exchange. At least in my mind.

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

UPDATE: So after my ordeal yesterday I emailed Verizon Executive Relations. I thought they should at least know that I was given false information and my experience in store. After explaining everything to the rep on the phone she was going to verify what the exchange procedure is with Costco (she did verify that I was indeed given false information and there were other issues with the store I expressed to her as well but those details are not pertinent to the Note 7 recall). However, she quickly changed her mind and told me we have been through enough (her words) and she ordered new phones for us (I have two Note 7's) with overnight shipping. I was shocked. I'm still shocked! I know this won't work for everyone but wanted to share that there are alternate avenues if needed. I hope everyone gets new phones as quickly as possible.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I have been round and round with all the "Executives" from Wireless Advocates and Verizon. They have actually called me on the phone. Wireless Advocates offered me a pretty good deal but when I called back the next day they didn't answer and didn't return my call. I didn't bother after that because I thought my replacement was coming in the next few days. That was the 13th. Costco still has no clue. Would you mind PMing me who it was you emailed? I may have emailed the same person though.

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

You just need to email an executive at Verizon corporate. You can do a quick internet search for the email addresses. I emailed the CEO.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I already have about 7 emails sent. I spoke with Jessica S. The person I emailed is not the person that responded. I was just wondering if that was the same person that replied to you.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I left a message for the wireless advocates distribution manager for Costco. If I don't hear back by this time tomorrow, I'll post his number here so that others can try. There's no excuse for not telling the customers when to expect the replacements when every other store has gotten or is getting them soon. Samsung told me today that if a store does not have stock today, it's because that store did not participate in the process or answer communications from Samsung.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I think it is completely out of hand and if I don't get some sort of resolution today I will start making some noise. I have sent out more emails last night and this morning. I don't think they really "get" it. I have this phone that will not be mine so I have not completely customized it with all my apps and especially Samsung Pay because I have to actually call my banks. So I have been paying full price for service and basic use of my phone. Not to mention the new nag screens constantly reminding me that I am being getting sub par service from Costco, who I thought I could trust. Unacceptable.

chap245

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

Hey guys, any luck? I spend 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Verizon who in turn called the Advocate Wireless Kiosk at Costco. AV seems to be completely useless. Although many if not all other retailers have managed to get replacement devices, Costco still seems to be completely at a loss. They keep promising dates when they really have absolutely no clue when the devices will come in. They will not provide a loaner device and because I bought into the BOGO offer, I can't return my Note7 at Costco and go buy another one at a Verizon store. Come on Costco it is time to gt your ----- together. This is not a minor issue of inconvenience. It is definitely a safety issue. And since my old Note 3 is not functional I can't simply power this device off and wait. I run my business off of my phone. Any luck with contacting the distribution manager for AV?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

My wife has a TMobile Note 7 purchased at Costco. We called TMobile customer support yesterday, they transferred us to another number dedicated to handling the Note 7 recall and her new Note 7 will be delivered to our local TMo store today (hopefully).

I would work with your carrier versus CostCo.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, any luck? I spend 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Verizon who in turn called the Advocate Wireless Kiosk at Costco. AV seems to be completely useless. Although many if not all other retailers have managed to get replacement devices, Costco still seems to be completely at a loss. They keep promising dates when they really have absolutely no clue when the devices will come in. They will not provide a loaner device and because I bought into the BOGO offer, I can't return my Note7 at Costco and go buy another one at a Verizon store. Come on Costco it is time to gt your ----- together. This is not a minor issue of inconvenience. It is definitely a safety issue. And since my old Note 3 is not functional I can't simply power this device off and wait. I run my business off of my phone. Any luck with contacting the distribution manager for AV?

No luck yet. None of the management will answer the phone and they don't return messages either. Pisses me off, as that is basic customer service and if you can't handle that, you have no business being in a management position.

Several stores (Miami, Atlanta, Tampa) have told me they have an email saying they will arrive today (23rd). Everyone at my Costco has been fantastic. But the executives at WA are useless.

chap245

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

I called my carrier, Verizon in this case. The CS person was very nice and at first started with telling me there was nothing that she could do since I bought the phone at Costco. However then she did call the store and talk to the person at the kiosk who supposedly in turn called her manager. After seeing the how disorganized Advocate is in dealing with this recall, the Verizon CS then talked to her manager to see if there was anything that Verizon could do. The problem apparently is that this bomb of a phone cannot be returned through the mail and therefore must be returned at a store. Because of the BOGO I cannot return it to Costco. She then called a Verizon corporate store and the manager there promptly informed her that they cannot exchange devices purchased at Costco. The lesson to be learned here is NEVER buy a phone from Costco again. Even BestBuy who also had the BOGO offer has replacements. Costco/Advocate Wireless is clearly not all that concerned about the safety of it's customers.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

One of their stores on Facebook commented "I don't know of any retailers who have gotten any in yet" lol

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Just called my Costco store and the manager there said they were getting them tomorrow. He is gonna call me as soon as they come in. At least everything is sounding more concrete and that makes me feel a ton better.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I talked to Charon and she offered me an alternative deal. She never called me back when I was going to accept the deal.

MAK-VA

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, I called Sammy, and they are taking over the replacement of my phone (I hope). Got a case number and everything. If successful, it at least means I'll have two phones side by side to use SmartSwitch on, to transfer everything. Costco kiosks can't provide information on exchanges, and I've heard everything from "go to Verizon," "we're not carrying the Note 7 any more and won't be exchanging them," and "there's no recall" to "you are outside your return period and can't return the phone."

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Just got this email from Costco:

This is a Costco Product Safety Alert Update.

The Samsung Note 7 cell phone you've recently purchased has a safety recall.

If you have not done so already, please power off your Samsung Note 7 cell phone immediately. You may check to see if your phone is affected in this recall by calling Samsung at 1-844-365-6197 or visiting https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung.com%2Fus%2Fnote7recall%2F&token=WUhSE14C.

If you are a Verizon or T-Mobile customer, new replacement Note 7s are expected in Costco locations starting Friday 9/23/2016. If you are a Sprint or AT&T customer, product will be available via Direct Delivery next week.

Product selection and colors limited to quantity on hand. For additional details, please visit your local Costco Wireless Center.

MAK-VA

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Believe it or not, after about an hour of calling I found the only Costco in Southern California that had any Note 7's, and I can exchange it today. I guess sacrificing a virgin really helped. The delay was finding one in L.A. 😁

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

so, after I got that email, I called Costco and surprise surprise surprise (Homer Pile) , they had some! I was told they haven't had time to call people on their list yet because the were too busy exchanging phones lol. They only got black and silver, so I chose silver (I love it).

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Got my replacement today. They processed it as a return and it reset my finance period. So I am not sure why they did it this way. I hope it does not affect my rebate. Also, it would seem that the first $36 payment I made to verizon for the phone just vaporized. I guess I have to make more calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800