10-20-2016 10:56 PM
64 123
tools
    Looks like you can use the upgrade to preorder the Pixel online. I haven't completed the process yet because I don't know if that is what I want.
    10-11-2016 10:29 AM
    just curious. With the BOGO promotion, did you guys get anything extra when getting the loaner, green battery replacement? I heard some guys in other thread talking about free 256G card, Gear VR, watch...when asking for a loaner and the replacement....It seems carriers were more generous during this recall...
    10-11-2016 08:24 PM
    just curious. With the BOGO promotion, did you guys get anything extra when getting the loaner, green battery replacement? I heard some guys in other thread talking about free 256G card, Gear VR, watch...when asking for a loaner and the replacement....It seems carriers were more generous during this recall...
    Here is what I got:
    Original Note: Fit2
    Temporary S7E: Gear VR
    New Note 7: 256gb card (on the way)

On a funny side note, I got the email yesterday saying Samsung would tell Oculus to transfer my bonus content from the S7E to the Note 7, lol I'm sure Oculus will get right on that.
    10-12-2016 07:24 AM
    Here is what I got:
    Original Note: Fit2
    Temporary S7E: Gear VR
    New Note 7: 256gb card (on the way)

On a funny side note, I got the email yesterday saying Samsung would tell Oculus to transfer my bonus content from the S7E to the Note 7, lol I'm sure Oculus will get right on that.
    Interesting! Are you with a BOGO promotion? I thought that with a BOGO promotion, you only can get a rebate up to $672 and besides that you get nothing extra....hmm...maybe different COSTCO has different policy?

But for now, I haven't heard anything back from COSTCO yet. Don't know whether all Carrier's return/exchange policy applied to COSTCO as well. One guy at COSTCO told me last week that they were still waiting for more information....;-((
    10-12-2016 03:45 PM
    As far as I know, Verizon is making it easier this time by allowing us to choose another phone online by using upgrade. They will send you a box to return the Note. I was also told that I would be stuck with paying taxes on my new phone since I didn't pay taxes for the Note. I am going to preorder the Pixel tomorrow so I will see.
    10-13-2016 11:44 AM
    Interesting! Are you with a BOGO promotion? I thought that with a BOGO promotion, you only can get a rebate up to $672 and besides that you get nothing extra....hmm...maybe different COSTCO has different policy?

But for now, I haven't heard anything back from COSTCO yet. Don't know whether all Carrier's return/exchange policy applied to COSTCO as well. One guy at COSTCO told me last week that they were still waiting for more information....;-((
    The 3 promotions I listed are from Samsung, so Costco / Verizon doesn't care if I get those in addition to the BOGO (which I already got). I also have $50 in Costco gift cards coming ($25 per new line).

As far as I know, Verizon is making it easier this time by allowing us to choose another phone online by using upgrade. They will send you a box to return the Note. I was also told that I would be stuck with paying taxes on my new phone since I didn't pay taxes for the Note. I am going to preorder the Pixel tomorrow so I will see.
    I am curious if Verizon will ship you the box and try to get you to return the note to them. Since you got it at Costco, I would think it has to go to them. I understand it's a recall and all of that, but Costco collected and remitted the sales tax on it, so Verizon probably won't refund that back to you unless they are willing to get an assignment of rights from Costco and request a refund from the state.
    10-13-2016 02:30 PM
    The 3 promotions I listed are from Samsung, so Costco / Verizon doesn't care if I get those in addition to the BOGO (which I already got). I also have $50 in Costco gift cards coming ($25 per new line).

If you bought note 7 from COSTCO, did you mean that you got your loaner and replacement directly from Samsung not COSTCO? Still a little confused. But anyway, the most important thing for now is how to return my note 7. Sending back directly to verizon or go through COSTCO. Thanks a lot for your information. shake hands.

I am curious if Verizon will ship you the box and try to get you to return the note to them. Since you got it at Costco, I would think it has to go to them. I understand it's a recall and all of that, but Costco collected and remitted the sales tax on it, so Verizon probably won't refund that back to you unless they are willing to get an assignment of rights from Costco and request a refund from the state.
    10-13-2016 07:12 PM
    I'm wondering what will happen if we (Costco buyers) keep the Note? We didn't buy directly from Samsung or Verizon, so they will be expecting us to return them to Costco. I just called Costco and of course they don't care at this point and said the only people who would try to force us to return them is Samsung / Verizon. He also said they heard a deadline to return them of October 30, but then they were told there is no deadline right now.

I know it's not practical to keep it long term, I'm just curious wondering mainly in case I need more time to pick a replacement. I'm honestly leaning towards using my Note 3 until the S8 or N8 comes out.
    10-14-2016 01:31 PM
    I have got two emails in a row from Verizon urging me to shut down my note 7 and return it to VZ ASAP. But honestly speaking I really don't wanna buy either S7/S7 edge or iphone 7/plus, which seems to be a downgrade for me. I will wait a couple of more days untill I got my rebate check. After that I am planning to go back my old galaxy s4 and wait for next year's note 8/s8/s8 edge or iphone 8/plus. Hate all of the mess caused by these rediculous recalls but what else can we do besides taking that pitiful 25 bucks.
    10-14-2016 05:57 PM
    An update for today. I finally got tired of being worried the flight ban, replacement stuff etc and decided to call COSTCO to clarify the process of N7 replacement. The guys in local COSTCO store told me that I could only either exchange with a Samsung smart phone and got $100 bill credit or get a full N7 refund but that would disqualify my "buy one get one free" promotion. I hate that result since my son has been using the S7 as his new toy. In order to keep this BOGO promotion I decided to move on and went COSTCO to get a S7 edge. The edge looks fine but to be honest it really looks a toy phone comparing with N7. It'll be okay in a few days after I finally get used to it but I really miss my N7.... RIP N7!!! Samsung did screw it up and **** me off for this...
    10-17-2016 11:53 PM
    I was told over and over again that if I got a phone other than a Samsung that it would cancel the BOGO rebate. The rep told me the BOGO was handled by Stuart Lee Rebates. I found out that this is not true, they have handled BOGO deals in the past but this one is actually though Verizon. Stuart Lee Rebates is handling the $25 rebate that you should be getting from Costco. I was also told by Verizon Executive services that we could chose whatever phone we liked and it would not affect the BOGO as long as the line remains active for 6 months. I don't know how true any of this is, I guess time will tell.
    10-18-2016 10:54 AM
    I was told over and over again that if I got a phone other than a Samsung that it would cancel the BOGO rebate. The rep told me the BOGO was handled by Stuart Lee Rebates. I found out that this is not true, they have handled BOGO deals in the past but this one is actually though Verizon. Stuart Lee Rebates is handling the $25 rebate that you should be getting from Costco. I was also told by Verizon Executive services that we could chose whatever phone we liked and it would not affect the BOGO as long as the line remains active for 6 months. I don't know how true any of this is, I guess time will tell.
    This is the correct answer and the Verizon promotion department (I spoke to a supervisor) confirmed this. Also, this is based on the terms and conditions of the BOGO agreement. Any other answer from Costco or any random rep is not based on those terms and is incorrect.
    ikarmag likes this.
    10-18-2016 12:02 PM
    So I bought four Note 7's at Costco on Verizon using the Galaxy BOGO offer as well after switching over from AT&T. Although I absolutely love my Note 7, I am disappointed that we have to exchange them. I was not that interested in the LG V20, but Verizon is getting some fantastic deals on it along with some other promos (particularly at Best Buy). In particular, I'm interested in the following Best Buy promotion where you can get a minimum $200 BB GC for trading in any working phone along with the purchase and activation of the LG V20 (this is on top of the B&O H3 headphones promo as well).

LG V20 Offer
    Verizon LG V20 Promo $472 ($672 - $200 with trade-in) + B&O H3 Headphones - Slickdeals.net

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to return my Note 7's at Costco, keeping my Verizon account open with the two BOGO $672 deals active on it, then go over to Best Buy, and purchase four of the LG V20's on DPP for that account so I can keep my Samsung BOGO deal intact while taking advantage of the extra $200 Best Buy GC trade-in offer? Is this feasible? Thoughts?
    10-20-2016 07:48 PM
    So I bought four Note 7's at Costco on Verizon using the Galaxy BOGO offer as well after switching over from AT&T. Although I absolutely love my Note 7, I am disappointed that we have to exchange them. I was not that interested in the LG V20, but Verizon is getting some fantastic deals on it along with some other promos (particularly at Best Buy). In particular, I'm interested in the following Best Buy promotion where you can get a minimum $200 BB GC for trading in any working phone along with the purchase and activation of the LG V20 (this is on top of the B&O H3 headphones promo as well).

LG V20 Offer
    Verizon LG V20 Promo $472 ($672 - $200 with trade-in) + B&O H3 Headphones - Slickdeals.net

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to return my Note 7's at Costco, keeping my Verizon account open with the two BOGO $672 deals active on it, then go over to Best Buy, and purchase four of the LG V20's on DPP for that account so I can keep my Samsung BOGO deal intact while taking advantage of the extra $200 Best Buy GC trade-in offer? Is this feasible? Thoughts?
    The only issue I see with your plan is that you can't apply the $200 best buy gift card towards a Verizon DPP (only towards the tax due at the store).
    10-20-2016 10:56 PM
64 123