05-26-2017 04:02 AM
609 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    If you got your phone directly from Verizon why are you going through samsung for the recall?
    Long story. To keep it short & as i mentioned at a thread, i went in person & they told me to contact Samsung instead & i walked out with the 7 in hand bc they didn't want it etc. Verizon's been given me the runaround which has been frustrating as hell.
    10-20-2016 04:15 PM
    My box arrived today (called last Friday). I videoed the phone being active on my account, noting the imei number, my phone number and serial number. I then did a factory data reset, switched my sim to an old phone and videoed the entire boxing up of the phone. I also put a print out of the phone active on my Verizon account (I was told to do this) and included my email address on that paper. Took pics of the ups label( tracking number) and got a receipt from ups. I will update when I get anything.
    beathookup likes this.
    10-20-2016 06:34 PM
    Stercycle picked up my phone on the 12th i called to check on the status (knowing its to early) and was told they didn't even have it in the system. I was told it can take all of 15 BUSINESS DAYS wasn't aware we are talking business days. Has anyone received their check yet?

Ugh I'm going to try at T-Mobile corporate store before I send back.
    10-20-2016 08:04 PM
    Be very careful and make sure you get full receipts for everything. Go to the tmobile return thread about my fiasco today and the last few days at the store and how I got screwed out of $847 that was NOT my fault at all, due to THEIR mistake at the store combined with clueless reps and forced to take a massive bill credit instead of getting refunded.
    Laura Crusader likes this.
    10-20-2016 10:49 PM
    Received my box earlier today. I have it packed with the phone only because the interior boxing only allows the Note 7 only to be packed. Apparently, I'll be keeping the accessories. It's being dropped off at a nearby UPS Store tomorrow.

beathookup likes this.
    10-21-2016 02:39 AM
    Wow. I just received a call from a Samsung rep following up to verify I received the fireproof box. He said since I have a Verizon branded phone, I will be receiving an $864 plus local sales tax check within 14 days of delivery of the Note 7.

Another thing to add.
    If you look at one of the pics from my previous post, the instructions only show to pack the phone. I told the rep that I literally followed the instructions. He said the accessories should have been placed inside the box with the phone as well. I asked if this was going to affect my refund since I have already packaged the box. He said that it would not. I suggested to modify the written instructions that came with the fireproof box to show where accessories should be placed if Samsung wants them to be included.
    10-21-2016 10:51 AM
    Wow. I just received a call from a Samsung rep following up to verify I received the fireproof box. He said since I have a Verizon branded phone, I will be receiving an $864 plus local sales tax check within 14 days of delivery of the Note 7.

Another thing to add.
    If you look at one of the pics from my previous post, the instructions only show to pack the phone. I told the rep that I literally followed the instructions. He said the accessories should have been placed inside the box with the phone as well. I asked if this was going to affect my refund since I have already packaged the box. He said that it would not. I suggested to modify the written instructions that came with the fireproof box to show where accessories should be placed if Samsung wants them to be included.
    I spoke with 2 reps before sending out my phone, and both said the accessories are not to be packed in the box. The box is for phone only.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-21-2016 12:18 PM

Another thing to add.
    When did your box get delivered and when did you receive the call?
    10-21-2016 12:48 PM
    When did your box get delivered and when did you receive the call?
    Fireproof box was delivered yesterday. Received a call today at approximately 8:30am PST.
    beathookup likes this.
    10-21-2016 12:57 PM
    I just finally packed up my phone and gave to my shipping folks at work. I took a lot of pictures and video because I'm paranoid of not getting the refund check. I didn't see any room for any accessories in the box. The instructions did not mention anything about the accessories or the original box, so I kept mine. They better not try to short change me for this. Please report back if anyone receives a refund check.
    10-21-2016 01:23 PM
    Be very careful and make sure you get full receipts for everything. Go to the tmobile return thread about my fiasco today and the last few days at the store and how I got screwed out of $847 that was NOT my fault at all, due to THEIR mistake at the store combined with clueless reps and forced to take a massive bill credit instead of getting refunded.
    Thanks for the information. I decided to just ship back to Samsung. I hope this works out.
    10-21-2016 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the information. I decided to just ship back to Samsung. I hope this works out.
    People said NOT to order from Samsung's website because it's a 3rd party distributor, but it seems like their transactions are going more smoothly than going to the tmobile store. At least they're getting a check from Samsung.

My next phone I will either buy directly from Samsung or unlocked from Best Buy, but likely will probably have to buy an iPhone then so I can buy it directly from Apple Store and not deal with the morons at Tmobile anymore. I've never seen a bigger screw up before in my life than what I went through trying to get a refund.
    10-21-2016 02:34 PM
    hi guys, i need some guidance on this issue. i bought the Note off Craglist Tmobile version. but iam using it on TPO which is an Tmobile subsidy MVMOV. and the phone does not show up in my account at all. so would i still qualify to return the phone and get Samsung to send me a check? thanks
    10-21-2016 07:25 PM
    hi guys, i need some guidance on this issue. i bought the Note off Craglist Tmobile version. but iam using it on TPO which is an Tmobile subsidy MVMOV. and the phone does not show up in my account at all. so would i still qualify to return the phone and get Samsung to send me a check? thanks
    Adict2rice:
    This thread has a wealth of information that answers your inquiry.
    cisco150 likes this.
    10-21-2016 08:14 PM
    Call this number to get your shipping box and request a refund (855) 291-6255.
    Laura Crusader likes this.
    10-22-2016 08:11 AM
    I'm sure it is true , there trying to recover some of there customers
    10-22-2016 11:00 AM
    I received box but questions is how will they know that box came from me. I don't see any paper saying my return authorization number which is start from 511. Is it just work with tracking number?
    10-22-2016 11:58 AM
    I received box but questions is how will they know that box came from me. I don't see any paper saying my return authorization number which is start from 511. Is it just work with tracking number?
    On the upper right side of the return shipping label there are reference items, such as ID, Sequence, and Event numbers. I figure those are internal tracking numbers for Samsung. I snapped a picture of the label in case I need to reference these numbers or the 511 number given to me.
    cisco150 and eightbll300 like this.
    10-22-2016 01:11 PM
    Thanks. I will put my email, and return authorization number on piece of paper just in case. Did u put s pen also?
    10-22-2016 02:16 PM
    Thanks. I will put my email, and return authorization number on piece of paper just in case. Did u put s pen also?
    Kept the S Pen.
    10-22-2016 02:26 PM
    I am still using my n7 and the box been here since I last got it. i patiently wait to see proof of a refund before I let it go. some guy on CL was buying n7s guess to flip refunds? Hes paying 400+ I am starting to ponder if I should go for that or wait...
    10-22-2016 05:32 PM
    Maybe that's why they asked that I put proof in the box that the phone was active on my phone number.....
    10-22-2016 10:48 PM
    And i'm still waiting by the mail box...

Has anyone received their check?
    10-24-2016 02:24 PM
    And i'm still waiting by the mail box...

Has anyone received their check?
    Shipped my Note 7 via UPS last Friday. It is scheduled to be received at Samsung HQ in Coppell, TX this Wednesday, October 26th. Per Samsung, after receiving the phone a check should be issued in the amount of $864 plus local sales tax within 15 business days. So I have until November 16th to receive confirmation of a check being issued by Samsung. If I do not hear from them by the 16th, I'll be call the next day.

If their timeframe holds accurate, I'll have the reimbursement funds available to make a phone purchase on Black Friday when there tends to be excellent deals.
    Keldig likes this.
    10-24-2016 05:57 PM
    I am still using my n7 and the box been here since I last got it. i patiently wait to see proof of a refund before I let it go. some guy on CL was buying n7s guess to flip refunds? Hes paying 400+ I am starting to ponder if I should go for that or wait...
    Why on earth would you let that guy make 500 bucks? Send it back and get 920!
    10-24-2016 07:48 PM
609 ... 910111213 ...