Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So today is the last day that I was promised a return kit from Samsung/Stericycle. It's my third scheduled delivery and am almost positive that it will not show up. When I asked Samsung the last time I spoke to them that said that if I don't receive it they will explore other ways to get a refund processed. Any idea on what that means? I'd like to get my money back before the new years. Is there anything that I should say that will trigger them to speak with a supervisor? Full breakdown of calls as follows:
My original call was 10/10 and they said 3-5 days, called on 10/18 and was then told 2-3 days as they were putting a rush on it and then called on 10/26 because I still had no box for it.

So basically have been waiting for 21 days since my original call was made to them to get this taken care of. At this point I should have received my box, sent the phone back and should have possibly cashed my refund check from Samsung.

I've tried asking to talk with a manager about this, reached out to them on Twitter and Facebook with no help to get it righted any faster.

Bimmerman

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Called yesterday to check the status of my phone. They received it last Friday, he said if I did not receive my check by the 21st to call back.

I have a feeling I am going to be calling back.

Not a single person has received their check that I know of.

huskyfan23

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Called the Colorado number (855.291.6255) and immediately had a rep on the line. She told me what the last rep (non-US) said is incorrect and set up a Stericycle meeting request. I opted to exchange in-person to save time. I should hear from Stericycle within a week. We'll see.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Called yesterday to check the status of my phone. They received it last Friday, he said if I did not receive my check by the 21st to call back.

I have a feeling I am going to be calling back.

Not a single person has received their check that I know of.

I called back again yesterday. She had no idea of my check and didn't even know that my box was delivered to the Texas location. This is truly a sh*t show by Samsung.

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OMG! My box has been delivered! I will be dropping it off tomorrow or Monday to hopefully have this process done and over with once and for all! What steps/percautions should I take to make sure they everything is on the up and up when sending back?

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
OMG! My box has been delivered! I will be dropping it off tomorrow or Monday to hopefully have this process done and over with once and for all! What steps/percautions should I take to make sure they everything is on the up and up when sending back?

You're going to need a lot more tape than what they included in the package. Also, film the process so you have some proof if someone steals the phone.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was told by a representative to put proof that the phone was active on my line..I also included my email contact on that paper. I did record packing it up and received a receipt from ups when I shipped it.

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
no checks still wow! my phone hasn't exploded after 24/7 use and 100% charge daily. I am not gonna return it til I see someone's check. Is there any hack or root to let the phone update apps and remove the annoying recall logo?! I'll wait to see someone with a check

Zazabichi

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I bought my U.S. Cellular Note 7 on Sep. 30 from Ebay. I live outside of USA so I wonder how to send it back while I'm not a first buyer?
Maybe anyone have a similar experience?

Best Regards,

Zaza

Zazabichi

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I also thought to do the same but today it offered me to update the phone software. As I googled it this mandatory update limits phone battery to 60%.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
no checks still wow! my phone hasn't exploded after 24/7 use and 100% charge daily. I am not gonna return it til I see someone's check. Is there any hack or root to let the phone update apps and remove the annoying recall logo?! I'll wait to see someone with a check

Soon you'll have the mandatory update that caps the phone at 60% and has a constant notification about the recall. You may want to think about starting the process of returning the phone soon.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My date is the 14th also...that will be 15 business days. I want to know what our next step will be if it doesn't show.

Last edited:

Meemomo

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
My N7 was sent on October 24 and delivered on October 25. Samsum rep. said that they have to check for 2-3 days. Then proceed to issue check for 10-14 days. Hope that I can get mine before thanks giving.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7