05-26-2017 04:02 AM
609 1234 ...
tools
    I just got off the phone with Samsung. I called in for another shot even though I filed a complaint with the CPSC. I was transferred to their advanced level 2 support line, meaning someone who actually speaks English. He was very helpful and said that there are some new policies in place for situations like ours. He took all the notes, verified my information and spoke with a supervisor to speed up the process. I am supposed to be hearing from someone in 5-7 business days, possibly sooner, but that is what the last 6 reps I spoke to said. I'm going to try to be optimistic, but if anyone has a ticket number and has already contacted Samsung, I would say to try and call back and ask for the level 2 support line. They have been the most helpful. I will wait to see if they call back.
    09-27-2016 10:34 AM
    I sure hope Samsung does the right thing here!
    09-27-2016 11:24 AM
    Yeah called sammy yesterday out of frustration and also reached 2nd level. Provided all of the requested info. and was told 5-7 days....
    09-27-2016 11:29 AM
    It's so nice to see those who bought on Craigslist/Swappa are getting special treatment from Samsung.

Those of us who ordered directly on Samsung.com are the red headed step children. I should just lie and say I got it in a back alley so I'm put on a pedestal.
    areyes163 likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:49 AM
    It's so nice to see those who bought on Craigslist/Swappa are getting special treatment from Samsung.

Those of us who ordered directly on Samsung.com are the red headed step children. I should just lie and say I got it in a back alley so I'm put on a pedestal.
    and some of us paid less then 500, yet we're getting spanking brand new ones (ZIIING)
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    09-27-2016 12:55 PM
    Got a call from the Sammy Texas call center. The very nice young lady on the other end took/confirmed my info. and said someone would be calling to set up a meeting for an exchange at my nearest store.
    09-27-2016 05:47 PM
    Placed my second call in two days to 800 SAMSUNG following up on the initial request. The rep on the initial request took down my IMEI, name, and phone number. Then, issued a 10 digit reference number. When I called the second time, the rep already had my info on file which was a mildly pleasant surprise. This rep asked for some more additional contact information along with reissuing me another 10 digit reference number. I was told that I would be contacted back within 5-7 business days. Hopefully, Samsung is putting together a plan to replace these recalled Note 7s bought on Craigslist or other bartering sites.
    09-28-2016 12:21 AM
    I thought about buying a second hand one, but I'm not sure how this will turn out, so I decided against it. Curious, and hopeful for the people who did go that route.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2016 01:03 AM
    Good luck to everybody here. I called a couple weeks ago and was told I'd hear back in 48 hours. Heard nothing. Now you have to wait 4x longer for what's hopefully a different result.
    09-28-2016 09:09 AM
    Thanks Bimmerman for the CSPC contact number. I spoke with a CSPC rep who said that someone from her team should contact me within 24 hours. I'll keep you all posted.
    09-28-2016 12:05 PM
    That's odd. I called the same number and was directed to the compliance hotline. That was Friday and they said that Samsung would contact me. I don't think either one knows what is going on.
    09-28-2016 02:53 PM
    Called the same number back and was told a tracking number is coming in the next day or so and the phone should arrive in 2-4 days via UPS, or Fedex.. we'll meet a rep to give the phone back (assuming to avoid shipping the time bomb back in the mail)
    09-29-2016 02:31 PM
    I have a ticket/case number, they have taken all my info and asked what color I wanted. It looks like I am making progress, we shall see though.
    09-29-2016 02:34 PM
    I have a ticket/case number, they have taken all my info and asked what color I wanted. It looks like I am making progress, we shall see though.
    I thought you were meeting a rep at a T-Mobile store?
    Keldig likes this.
    09-29-2016 06:14 PM
    I thought you were meeting a rep at a T-Mobile store?
    Not me, they did say I would end up meeting a rep though.
    09-29-2016 08:40 PM
    I have called samsung over 60 times and have gotten the same answer we will go text you in 2-3.business days to give you your refund I've gotten 4 case numbers contacted cpsc 4 times and nothing has been done after this I'm definitrly moving to Apple this is ridiculous
    10-01-2016 09:25 PM
    Received a ups notice today with a delivery of tomorrow!
    10-02-2016 04:40 PM
    Sweet!..........
    10-02-2016 05:49 PM
    Lucky you. Nobody ever called me back, so I went ahead and called for a 7TH TIME. This time, I was told by the support rep that a Samsung rep would be coming out to my home to do the exchange. I thought that was kind of odd, so I asked again. She said that if they could not come out or if I am not near one of their Samsung hubs, then the device would be shipped to me. She asked me for 2 color preferences. After my previous dealings, I am not holding my breath for any of this to happen, but I guess we will see. I was told that someone would contact me in 3-5 days. I was told 5-7 days last week and never heard anything back from anyone. People may hate Apple on this forum, but one thing is for sure, their customer service is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Samsung, and if Apple had a recall, it would definitely be a much smoother process than this.
    _YoKolorMeBadd likes this.
    10-03-2016 01:34 PM
    Lucky you. Nobody ever called me back, so I went ahead and called for a 7TH TIME. This time, I was told by the support rep that a Samsung rep would be coming out to my home to do the exchange. I thought that was kind of odd, so I asked again. She said that if they could not come out or if I am not near one of their Samsung hubs, then the device would be shipped to me. She asked me for 2 color preferences. After my previous dealings, I am not holding my breath for any of this to happen, but I guess we will see. I was told that someone would contact me in 3-5 days. I was told 5-7 days last week and never heard anything back from anyone. People may hate Apple on this forum, but one thing is for sure, their customer service is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Samsung, and if Apple had a recall, it would definitely be a much smoother process than this.
    I hear ya, I was told that someone would come out and exchange the phone as well the first time. When i called back i was told that the phone would be sent to me then someone would meet me to take the original back, I assume this has something to do with the shipping restrictions maybe?

It was delivered today haven't had a chance to open it or anything...
    10-03-2016 02:00 PM
    I hear ya, I was told that someone would come out and exchange the phone as well the first time. When i called back i was told that the phone would be sent to me then someone would meet me to take the original back, I assume this has something to do with the shipping restrictions maybe?

It was delivered today haven't had a chance to open it or anything...
    My biggest frustration is that no one ever calls me back like they say they are supposed to. I've continually had to call them time and time again. I'm glad someone actually called you back and that you finally have your new device. Hopefully, I am not far behind.
    10-03-2016 02:28 PM
    Yeah i agree with you on the not getting calls as advised. I chatted and emailed then called but only received the one call. Matters not your point is very valid. hopefully you will get your replacement this week.
    10-03-2016 05:56 PM
    UPDATE

I received a call from Samsung corporate a few minutes ago. I was given the option of a brand new Note 7 or a refund, even though I bought the phone on Craigslist. I was even allowed to get a choice of color. I CHOSE TO GET A NEW PHONE.

A third party company called Stericycle will contact me within 72 hours to set up the exchange in a public place. I was given a reference number and a confirmation email in case I have any questions or not contacted within 72 hours.

Samsung verified my contact information from a previous ticket I had submitted. The rep told me that this is is the first day of the recall program for third party phones.
    Keldig likes this.
    10-03-2016 09:33 PM
    UPDATE

I received a call from Samsung corporate a few minutes ago. I was given the option of a brand new Note 7 or a refund, even though I bought the phone on Craigslist. I was even allowed to get a choice of color. I CHOSE TO GET A NEW PHONE.

A third party company called Stericycle will contact me within 72 hours to set up the exchange in a public place. I was given a reference number and a confirmation email in case I have any questions or not contacted within 72 hours.

Samsung verified my contact information from a previous ticket I had submitted. The rep told me that this is is the first day of the recall program for third party phones.
    Awesome. Keep us posted. I should be on the same timeline as you.
    10-04-2016 06:10 AM
    UPDATE

What type of refund were they offering? Full retail?

So it seems like Samsung is either offering to personally meet up with you to exchange the device or ship it to you, depending upon your location.
    10-04-2016 04:12 PM
609 1234 ...