05-26-2017 04:02 AM
609 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Samsung Canada is refusing to refund phones bought from craigslist etc. I have gotten no where with them.

I do have a US mailing address however... I was wondering if anyone here could think of anything that would prevent me from getting a refund from the US Samsung??? Could I just phone them and tell them I bought the phone in Canada when I was travelling, and I am in the USA now and give them my US address?

I am not trying to do anything fraudulent but I deserve a refund for this phone and frankly I don't give a crap which country's Samsung gives it to me. Samsung Canada got their heads up their asses
    11-29-2016 02:23 AM
    Samsung Canada is refusing to refund phones bought from craigslist etc. I have gotten no where with them.

I do have a US mailing address however... I was wondering if anyone here could think of anything that would prevent me from getting a refund from the US Samsung??? Could I just phone them and tell them I bought the phone in Canada when I was travelling, and I am in the USA now and give them my US address?

I am not trying to do anything fraudulent but I deserve a refund for this phone and frankly I don't give a crap which country's Samsung gives it to me. Samsung Canada got their heads up their asses
    In your case I would definitely give US Samsung a call and file a claim with them as opposed to Samsung Canada. They would open a ticket # with you and send you a return package to send your phone back. They will however ask you who your provider was and if your phone is an international phone or not. I believe there might be different procedures if that's the case.
    11-29-2016 03:02 AM
    Yes Samsung US will offer you a refund. $900 for international phone and $25 loyalty. A total of 925usd but they will not ship the box to Canada. You will have to ship the box to a US mailing address. And then drive the phone over and package it and ship it to them. And then you will have to go back in a month or however long they take to ship the cheque to your US address or have someone forward the cheques to Canada. I have two return boxes waiting in New York for me to return my note 7s.
    11-29-2016 04:25 AM
    In your case I would definitely give US Samsung a call and file a claim with them as opposed to Samsung Canada. They would open a ticket # with you and send you a return package to send your phone back. They will however ask you who your provider was and if your phone is an international phone or not. I believe there might be different procedures if that's the case.
    They can tell the provider by the IMEI.
    11-29-2016 06:05 AM
    All - Just a heads up for those still waiting. I just got off the phone with a Samsung rep and they escalated my ticket to the compensation team. Should expect to receive an email in the next 2-3 days with a refund check no later than next Friday (12/09/16) for $875 (including a Samsung loyalty credit) + taxes which will be added in by the compensation team.
    11-30-2016 03:31 PM
    All - Just a heads up for those still waiting. I just got off the phone with a Samsung rep and they escalated my ticket to the compensation team. Should expect to receive an email in the next 2-3 days with a refund check no later than next Friday (12/09/16) for $875 (including a Samsung loyalty credit) + taxes which will be added in by the compensation team.
    I hope you don't actually believe what they told you?? Cause we have all been waiting and have been told the SAME things and yet 99% of us still have NO check. And they sent an email 2 weeks ago stating that we would receive our checks within 2-3 business days.... LMFAO They are playing us all for a bunch of fools, and getting away with it too!
    11-30-2016 03:57 PM
    yup, ive got one thats been there since oct 21 and I havent even gotten an email yet. I think ive escalated with samsung over 10 times already. now they finally called me and ask for the tracking number, why dont they have it? Ive gave it to them a bunch of times already. Now they tell me they put the trackin # in the wrong place before and now they can finally "work" on it The colorado springs call center is full of teenagers. I wish samsung would withhold their employees pay checks for a couple of months so they know what this feels like.
    shojus likes this.
    11-30-2016 09:50 PM
    Unless you've received the compensation emails with numbers 167, 168, and 169, I wouldn't rely on what they said. Those emails are triggered as the phone moves through the refund process. Once you receive the compensation email with the number 169, that is the approval and mailing of the refund. The refund will arrive about a week after receipt of that email. Keep your tracking information and log all of your contacts with Samsung. And keep calling. I found the best number where I got the most traction was the 855 number that has been listed in this thread. After my last call with them, I received those emails right away and got my check on Monday of this week.
    beathookup likes this.
    12-01-2016 06:03 AM
    Good luck with that. They LIE like breathing. You are not getting your check by the 9th.
    12-01-2016 04:10 PM
    Anybody who got the 'check processed' email late last week get their checks yet?

I got my #169 email on last Saturday and no check yet
    12-01-2016 04:39 PM
    Anybody who got the 'check processed' email late last week get their checks yet?

I got my #169 email on last Saturday and no check yet
    I'm in the same boat. No check. Same date.
    12-01-2016 04:53 PM
    I got the #169 email on Sunday. Nothing yet.
    12-01-2016 06:34 PM
    Samsung such a d$$k. . I got 169 email on 27th. Just called to check the status and one of the f****ing grumpy a$$ says it will take one more week to process. Retarded man.
    12-01-2016 09:36 PM
    I got the #169 email on Sunday. Nothing yet.
    got my 168/169 emails on sunday 27 and no check yet as of dec/01/16
    12-01-2016 10:15 PM
    got my 168/169 emails on sunday 27 and no check yet as of dec/01/16
    Also received my "169" email on the 27th, STILL NO CHECK!
    12-02-2016 07:43 AM
    Still waiting for that 169 email after receiving 168 this past Sunday (27th).
    12-03-2016 11:51 AM
    I got a call from samsung theyre gonna arrange stericycle to exchange for s7 edge... at my convinience and refund 200 bal includes a 100 courtesy plus 25 added for case. with a check told them im not gonna be phoneless
    12-03-2016 02:47 PM
    I got a call from samsung theyre gonna arrange stericycle to exchange for s7 edge... at my convinience and refund 200 bal includes a 100 courtesy plus 25 added for case. with a check told them im not gonna be phoneless
    That's exactly what I did. I will warn you, my ticket was made on the 4th of November and I didn't meet with the guy from Steri-Cycle until the 23rd. When they say 48-72 business hours they don't mean 2-3 business days, they mean actual hours. So like 9 days. Make sure when you meet him that he gives you the tracking number on the boxes. Now that I've exchanged my phones for an s7 edge they are supposed to be starting on my refund, well my phones still haven't been received by Samsung and they said there isn't a thing they can tell me because I didn't get all the info from Steri-Cycle. Really? It's MY duty to get the tracking info from Steri-Cycle when Steri-Cycle doesn't even hardly know what's going on! Um, did Samsung not send the return boxes? Shouldn't THEY have that info? I'm sick of this crap.
    12-03-2016 04:34 PM
    I received my full reimbursement check today!!! I mailed my phone through UPS on October 13th and it was received on October 17th at their warehouse. I received an email with the 168/169 messages on sunday November 27th and received my check today. Overall, it took well over a month and a half for the whole process. An awful and stressful ordeal but finally over with. I think what helped the most was just pestering the **** out of Samsung by calling them on a daily basis requesting updates. I do have another Note 7 but will try and flash/root it before I hand it over and have to deal with this nightmare all over again.
    12-03-2016 05:22 PM
    I got the 169 email on the 26th, and I still have not received a check. Frustrating as hell.
    12-03-2016 05:59 PM
    No check here yet, and if I don't get it on Monday I'm lighting them up over the phone.

My '28 business days'(stalling-a** SOBs) ended Friday

I received my full reimbursement check today!!! I mailed my phone through UPS on October 13th and it was received on October 17th at their warehouse. I received an email with the 168/169 messages on sunday November 27th and received my check today. Overall, it took well over a month and a half for the whole process. An awful and stressful ordeal but finally over with. I think what helped the most was just pestering the **** out of Samsung by calling them on a daily basis requesting updates. I do have another Note 7 but will try and flash/root it before I hand it over and have to deal with this nightmare all over again.
    12-03-2016 06:01 PM
    I got the 169 email on the 26th, and I still have not received a check. Frustrating as hell.
    No check as well, I'm **** ed my 168/169 email was on Sunday 27 of Nov and as of Dec 3 no check. I called and they said no update and that I'll be mailed out wtf.
    12-03-2016 07:53 PM
    Hey guys I'm really sorry I haven't been on it came through normal mail even though she said it would come through UPS the amount is 945.11 if someone tells me how I will gladly post a picture
    gotojanoo and cisco150 like this.
    12-05-2016 12:16 PM
    Hey guys I'm really sorry haven't been on it came through normal male even though she said ups about a week after my 169 email I sent it in on October 17 it is for 945.11 I bought it completely second hand don't give up if anyone can tell me how I'll gladly post a pic of the check
    12-05-2016 12:21 PM
    received my check today.
    Recap
    • called the 855# in october and opened #511 ticket.
    • Note 7 was received by Samsung on 10/24.
    • Been following up weekly to check on status.
    • never received any samsung confirmation email during the process, even when the check was issued.
    • The check was processed on 11/29 and received it on12/5 via USPS even though Samsung said a few times it was coming via UPS.
    beathookup, cisco150 and Meemomo like this.
    12-05-2016 01:07 PM
609 ... 2021222324 ...