Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

soadserj2004

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Just got this email. My phone was received by them on 10/27:

** This is a system-generated email from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply ***

Dear,

A compensation request has been submitted on your behalf.
Service Ticket Number:

For real time repair status, please click the Repair Self Tracking button on the right.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG during normal business hours, Monday through

IS THIS GOOD NEWS RIGHT!?!!?

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
You are seriously asking for root instruction in a thread about refund checks....

Nope. Not asking for instructions, just the link. I've already returned 1 phone and wouldn't mind keeping my 2nd phone if it works perfectly. Like the other poster said, her phone has been working great with no issues and she's been able to remove the restrictions from updates as well.

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I would have kept mine if I would have known the return process was going to be this ridiculous! I purchased a V20 after waiting for it to come out and I love it, but it's still NOT a Note 7! I HATE Samsung right now, as I am missing such great deals for Black Friday because they feel like just holding onto $1000 and just blowing everyone off....

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got this email. My phone was received by them on 10/27:

** This is a system-generated email from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply ***

Dear,

A compensation request has been submitted on your behalf.
Service Ticket Number:

For real time repair status, please click the Repair Self Tracking button on the right.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG during normal business hours, Monday through

IS THIS GOOD NEWS RIGHT!?!!?

It's not old news really, there have been (2) emails that have circulated in the last 8 days, and it def means something, we just don't know yet! The first email came last Tuesday, and that was just letting us know what the approved refund amount was and telling us that we would receive our check via UPS within 2-4 business days (of course that didn't happen). Now this email is something different, and I am thinking it's just more details about the whole process, yet I cannot say WTF it means and I sure would not take it as a notification that it's on it's way, cause Samsung has their head so far up it's *** that nothing can be guaranteed at this point! It's amazing a company this large has no fucxking clue what's going on.... Good luck and PLEASE leave info once check has been received, cause a couple others who have apparently received their checks just leave half-*** info and then disappear.

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
YA, huge ****** move on his part! And he is one that initially started the thread yet can't leave full details of what's going on... WOW

bf18289

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
just called again. my phone was received on 10/24. This time they were able to pull up my info without any reference to a ticket #. my last call was on 11/15 where they said they are still processing. THis time they said my check amount had to be recalculated and he was able to provide the exact amount (previous times were only estimates) and said the check should be cut by friday as this amount was updated on the 18th. i should get the check by next friday. So far though i did not receive any emails or any updates via email.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So I can guess we're all on the same page of receiving the email confirming out refund being processed. My guess is this is Samsung trying to calm us down by sending a generic email saying we haven't forgotten about you second handers and you'll eventually get a check, just not now. I think there's only 1 person on here who's received their refund so maybe it's just slowly being processed now. I'll hold off on gathering information a class action suit until end of next week beginning of december.

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Im begining to get somewhat skeptical of that 1 person, namely omar, who claims to have already received a check. Im thinkin, he may have jumped the gun and got excited when he got the same compensation email as everybody else, but he has still yet to elaborate important details such as if it came by ups or even upload a photo as proof of the claim. So until someone comes up with some concrete photo or detailed evidience I think this whole thread is still at zero confirmed checks received.

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Im begining to get somewhat skeptical of that 1 person, namely omar, who claims to have already received a check. Im thinkin, he may have jumped the gun and got excited when he got the same compensation email as everybody else, but he has still yet to elaborate important details such as if it came by ups or even upload a photo as proof of the claim. So until someone comes up with some concrete photo or detailed evidience I think this whole thread is still at zero confirmed checks received.

You sir are EXACTLY right! We are at ZERO confirmed checks in this 20 page thread. If someone here states that they got a check, than they sure should be the first one to show us and explain to the huge amount of people that are ALSO waiting on that same check... It irks the **** outta me when people do that! I mean, this IS a 20 page thread dedicated to that exact check that the person is discussing, but yet NO details about it at all?? Ya, okay..... LOL

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I asked the poster and he said had to surrender his note 7 in nepal while he was on vacation and when he got back to the usa, he was able to get approved for a direct refund from samsung about 20 days ago. So now hes got a refund check plus an extra 100 bucks for his inconveinence while abroad. Im not sure if this is how the process will be for us here in the second hand thread, but it appears that in both cases the money is coming directly from the samsung corporate office in New Jersey.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I asked the poster and he said had to surrender his note 7 in nepal while he was on vacation and when he got back to the usa, he was able to get approved for a direct refund from samsung about 20 days ago. So now hes got a refund check plus an extra 100 bucks for his inconveinence while abroad. Im not sure if this is how the process will be for us here in the second hand thread, but it appears that in both cases the money is coming directly from the samsung corporate office in New Jersey.

If Tmobile doesn't follow through, is it possible I could go to Samsung and ask for the money saying Tmobile refusing to refund me? Especially being a loyal Samsung user since the S2 and owning their tablets and watches as well.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
If Tmobile doesn't follow through, is it possible I could go to Samsung and ask for the money saying Tmobile refusing to refund me? Especially being a loyal Samsung user since the S2 and owning their tablets and watches as well.

Samsung will most likely keep referring you back to TMobile since you purchased it from them. Especially if you have a proof of purchase from TMobile, they should be the ones to refund you. You can ask Samsung, but there's been times when they 3-way call with a Samsung rep, TMobile rep, and myself to see who should would be issuing the refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy