05-26-2017 04:02 AM
609 12345 ...
tools
    Got my replacement in the mail today!

Not sure which avenue worked but I'm all good now!
    Keldig and Wiley_11 like this.
    10-04-2016 04:17 PM
    I was not given an option of how the device would be delivered. The rep clearly explained that Stericycle (3rd party company) will coordinate a meeting place with me to receive the recalled phone and I would receive a brand new replacement phone.

I did not inquire what monetary refund I would receive. I love the Note 7, and I haven't not used a brand new phone since the Note 3 was released. I prefer to stay out of contract and buy used phones.
    10-04-2016 06:28 PM
    I did not even know I was getting it, it just showed up.

Company called last week to pick mine up and I told them I was not letting it go until i got my replacement.

I hope they call back so i can give them my old one.
    10-04-2016 06:53 PM
    Finally after my 70th call samsung called me took my info and notified me sterocycle would be meeting with me in 72 hours I opted for the refund due to the awful customer service although I love the note I'll be taking my business to Apple stay perceistant keep calling call cspc annoy them until they give you a refund or exchange
    10-04-2016 08:03 PM
    Do you have aterocycles phone number?
    10-04-2016 08:28 PM
    I did not even know I was getting it, it just showed up.

Company called last week to pick mine up and I told them I was not letting it go until i got my replacement.

I hope they call back so i can give them my old one.
    Stericycle called me also but was not sure if it was a scam , did you give them your device before receiving replacement
    10-04-2016 09:46 PM
    I didn't.

I told her i wouldn't hand over the defective phone until I had a replacement.

Now that I have it i need to figure it how to get in contact with them.
    10-04-2016 09:49 PM
    I didn't.

I told her i wouldn't hand over the defective phone until I had a replacement.

Now that I have it i need to figure it how to get in contact with them.

Contacting Stericycle - Stericycle
    10-04-2016 10:14 PM

Dont worry they'll contact you. got my replacement phone Monday morning and got a call from them yesterday and they are coming to house to pick up the old one.
    10-05-2016 10:28 AM
    They did Call but last week before i got or even knew I waa getting a replacement and i told them they couldn't pick it up.
    10-05-2016 01:04 PM
    UPDATE as of October 5th at 1:00pm PST

I received a text, supposedly from Stericycle, which contained my reference number and stated that "Your new unit has been shipped out. The UPS tracking number is 1Z.....". Right now, the tracking number only shows that the unit is ready for pickup and is being delivered via 2nd Day Air. I also have two emails in my inbox describing how the replacement phone will be packaged and returned to Samsung, RSI Repair Services Inc in Plano, Texas.

If you recall from my earlier post, a rep said Stericycle will meet me at a public location to exchange the recalled device for the replacement.

This in no way is a complaint about the process. I much rather see progress which Samsung and Stericycle appear to be working on.
    Keldig likes this.
    10-05-2016 03:22 PM
    Did you get your refund?

I hear a new story every time i called Samsung
    10-05-2016 06:17 PM
    Did you get your refund?

I hear a new story every time i called Samsung
    I bought my note 7 on criagslist been calling Samsung for 2 weeks straight with no hope today I called and got an exchange but they asked for my credit card to put a hold for 920 dollars u till I return the old phone then they will release the 920 does this sound right and that I will receive my new phone in 2 to 3 days
    10-05-2016 11:08 PM
    That's weird they told me after I give the phone to sterocyvle 2 weeks later id get a check In the mail
    10-06-2016 07:16 AM
    I did not give a CC or anything, I just had a phone show up.

It could be because of all the headache they caused I started blasting them on Twitter/Facebook.

Either way I finally got a replacement and they defective unit is being picked up today.

I am wondering if I shouldn't have tried to get a refund after reading the story of a possible newly replaced unit has started smoking on the a plane yesterday.
    10-06-2016 08:00 AM
    That's the reason I opted for the refund the new devices have issues
    10-06-2016 08:48 AM
    Has sterocyvle contacted any of you when I called they said the only deal with retalors
    10-07-2016 11:30 AM
    One of their reps met me at my office yesterday and picked up my old phone.
    10-07-2016 11:39 AM
    One of their reps met me at my office yesterday and picked up my old phone.
    Did you get a replacement phone in exchange ?
    10-07-2016 12:44 PM
    Did you get a replacement phone in exchange ?
    Samsung mailed out my exchange and I received it a few days ago.
    10-07-2016 01:17 PM
    So what are you guys doing exactly to get the phone? I have wasted hours with Samsung and they keep telling me i have to be the original owner to get the replacement. I bought it on CL as well.
    10-07-2016 04:47 PM
    Received my replacement phone via UPS. Took the software update that now shows the green battery icon in the notification bar.

Anden, sorry to hear that you're not getting anywhere with Samsung. A number of posters and myself have given our blueprints how to explain the situation with a rep.
    10-08-2016 12:56 AM
    Received my replacement phone via UPS. Took the software update that now shows the green battery icon in the notification bar.

Anden, sorry to hear that you're not getting anywhere with Samsung. A number of posters and myself have given our blueprints how to explain the situation with a rep.
    10-08-2016 01:11 AM
    Got my replacement in the mail today!

Not sure which avenue worked but I'm all good now!
    I have a question for everyone who got their phones replaced/refunded even though you bought it off Craigslist etc...

Did they ask for your credit card info and place a temporary hold for $920? Until they receive yours? I declined this offer btw.

Also...If you opted for a refund did they ask you to ship it out? They told me they'd send me a prepaid box and I'd get my refund between 10-14 days AFTER they receive the phone, I asked if they could ship it to a store and exchange or any other options they said they couldn't so ...I accepted this option of a refund instead.

I got a ticket number. I don't know if I should argue further...I bought my phone off Offer up and tmobile manager wouldn't listen and kept talking over me that they couldnt take it because i was a prepaid customer and no receipt. Took 10 calls between tmo/sam for a final decision
    10-08-2016 02:16 AM
    I have a question for everyone who got their phones replaced/refunded even though you bought it off Craigslist etc...

Did they ask for your credit card info and place a temporary hold for $920? Until they receive yours? I declined this offer btw.

Also...If you opted for a refund did they ask you to ship it out? They told me they'd send me a prepaid box and I'd get my refund between 10-14 days AFTER they receive the phone, I asked if they could ship it to a store and exchange or any other options they said they couldn't so ...I accepted this option of a refund instead.

I got a ticket number. I don't know if I should argue further...I bought my phone off Offer up and tmobile manager wouldn't listen and kept talking over me that they couldnt take it because i was a prepaid customer and no receipt. Took 10 calls between tmo/sam for a final decision
    I spoke with the Note 7 exchange department yesterday. They did offer the replacement with the credit card hold and I declined. Because of where I live, the other option was to get a replacement by meeting up with a Stericycle rep. The rep said they would contact me in 48-72 hours and set up the exchange. All I needed to do was to bring the device and I could keep all of the accessories. I originally opted for this, but after thinking about it and seeing what is going on with the carriers starting to back away from the device, I called back and switched to the refund option. Unfortunately my phone call got disconnected due to driving through a dead zone, but the Samsung rep called back and left a message with a new case number. My only concern is my device has some scratches on the screen. I sure hope that doesn't become an issue.
    10-08-2016 05:18 AM
609 12345 ...