Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I think there blocking imei as i check after 2 days ago i gave samsung my imei and now it shows blacklist on ringplus.net im waiting for the return box as of tuesday.

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i just check my imei and its showing blacklisted thats after i gave samsung my imei for the return and waiting on shipping box. as of Tuesday. be careful guys think sprint or Samsung are blocking imei now

Omar Kandil

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I recorded all my convos with them including then saying I'm due for a refund so they can't pull out we deleted your case number bs

Last edited:

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
just got a message from Samsung on this n7 (bet you guys seen it) about it not being able to be taken in flights thr recall yata yata yata. STILL they have no mention about 3rd party returns! hello Samsung! it would be a lot of a hell easier to just take them all in stores no questions asked (not like it can be reused or anything) like cribs!

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Took waiting on hold for 30 minutes earlier today, but I spoke with a US Samsung rep. I have one of those fire resistant boxes being delivered next week. Stated once the phone and all accessories are returned a check in the amount of $864 will be mailed within 14 business days. The rep said that if I can show proof of purchase (which I cannot since this is a replacement phone from Samsung) I would also be reimbursed the sales tax.

I'll keep you all posted.

johnkk

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty much done with Samsung after this. I have been contacting them since September 7th when they first issued the "voluntary" recall. I've had at least 11 phone calls and 11 different ticket numbers. I thought I finally got somewhere with them last Friday when I had requested a refund. I was given a "511" number and told a box would be sent to me to ship the device back. Obviously, I never got the box. I called back on Tuesday, and the girl on the phone told me that I couldn't send my device back because the recall had expired. I lost my cool and ripped into her big time - it didn't help the situation, but I felt better. Then, after the "official" total recall and seeing that Samsung had a process for folks in our situation, I figured I would wait until this morning to give a call. I got through and spoke with a woman named Jasmine in the Exchange Department. They are obviously stateside because she spoke perfect English. She found my ticket number from last Friday and said that the guy who helped me never sent in the request for the box to be shipped. Shocking, I know. She confirmed all of my information, said she put in the request for the box and that it takes 24-48 business hours. I asked how the box will be shipped, and she said UPS. Since I have a MyUPS account, I will be keeping an eye out for it. I'm not very confident that I will receive it, but I am trying to be. I have moved on completely from Samsung and took advantage of the deal on the HTC 10 of $150 off. I received it on Tuesday and I am very impressed with the device. Goodbye Samsung, it's been real!

Wow what a total crap storm dude. Total nightmare. Samsung is awful at this

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Wow what a total crap storm dude. Total nightmare. Samsung is awful at this

UPDATE: yesterday I received the return box in the mail. So the guy I spoke to and last Friday actually did follow through and send the return box back, despite what the girl on the phone said yesterday. We can see they do a great job of keeping notes and tracking what the last call rep said and did. I packed my original recall phone up and sent it back. I took a picture of the label as well dropped it off at UPS and requested a receipt. I'll be tracking it daily to make sure they receive it, then will hound them to make sure I get my refund. This should be fun.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: yesterday I received the return box in the mail. So the guy I spoke to and last Friday actually did follow through and send the return box back, despite what the girl on the phone said yesterday. We can see they do a great job of keeping notes and tracking what the last call rep said and did. I packed my original recall phone up and sent it back. I took a picture of the label as well dropped it off at UPS and requested a receipt. I'll be tracking it daily to make sure they receive it, then will hound them to make sure I get my refund. This should be fun.

Are the boxes being shipped back to Samsung or a carrier?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Are the boxes being shipped back to Samsung or a carrier?

Goes back to an address in Coppell, Texas. I am assuming it's a return warehouse for Samsung. It's actually addressed to someone named Jasper Morse. You only need to send in the phone. There's no room for anything else.

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm they are blacklisting the imei after you call and start the refund process it happen to me. its imei is blacklist on sprint but using on att untill they pass the info to all carriers then ill be dead. awaiting a shipping box from samsung now

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Everytime I called samsung and the message said 'if you're calling about the recall, press 1", I got some kid with an accent who was reading from a script and gave me a ticket #. The last time, I did not press 1, and the call defaulted to USA sales. That's when I finally got someone who knew what to do - she didn't care about previous tickets - she looked up my order # or IMEI ( I don't remember) , send I'm sending you a return box . I got a few days later.

Omar Kandil

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Everytime I called samsung and the message said 'if you're calling about the recall, press 1", I got some kid with an accent who was reading from a script and gave me a ticket #. The last time, I did not press 1, and the call defaulted to USA sales. That's when I finally got someone who knew what to do - she didn't care about previous tickets - she looked up my order # or IMEI ( I don't remember) , send I'm sending you a return box . I got a few days later.

Sent my note 7 back today and received my 7 plus honesty guys I'm a die hard android fan and I gots say make the switch iOS 10 has widgets more customization and blows my note out of the water interns of speed give apple a chance

Meemomo

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Today, I tried to call both Samsung and Tmobile for refund my note 7. Their answer was similar to last week. I have to find original buyer and proof of purchases. The situation is same as last week. What should I do ? It seems that Samsung treats customers cases by cases. Someone can and someone cannot. What should I do? Very confused.

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Today, I tried to call both Samsung and Tmobile for refund my note 7. Their answer was similar to last week. I have to find original buyer and proof of purchases. The situation is same as last week. What should I do ? It seems that Samsung treats customers cases by cases. Someone can and someone cannot. What should I do? Very confused.
Try this number they seem to know how to handle the situation and are shipping boxes for Refund
(855) 291-6255)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance