Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. I just received my return kit. 6 days after calling samsung. Question. Are you all including the accessories in the box ? Let me know. That the last question I have before I ship this out.

There is only room in the box for just the phone. It's a box within a box within another box.

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard that Stericycle reps are meeting you at your house to start the process of getting the phones back to Samsung? Was talking with a seller yesterday who listed his for sale and said they were meeting a rep today

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just received the box for my other Note 7. Called last Friday, received today, so 6 days. Never got the UPS My Choice notification. Packing up and sending the second one back now.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How have all of you bought your phones 2nd hand?

Or are you all actually verizon customers with canceled contracts trying to get a refund check from samsung?

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I got the phone the first time before the 2nd recall happened. I had to ask because Verizon said they didn't even know the process. (smh) It sounded like he didn't even know that 2nd recalled happened.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone the first time before the 2nd recall happened. I had to ask because Verizon said they didn't even know the process. (smh) It sounded like he didn't even know that 2nd recalled happened.

If you got your phone directly from Verizon why are you going through samsung for the recall?

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
If you got your phone directly from Verizon why are you going through samsung for the recall?
Long story. To keep it short & as i mentioned at a thread, i went in person & they told me to contact Samsung instead & i walked out with the 7 in hand bc they didn't want it etc. Verizon's been given me the runaround which has been frustrating as hell.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My box arrived today (called last Friday). I videoed the phone being active on my account, noting the imei number, my phone number and serial number. I then did a factory data reset, switched my sim to an old phone and videoed the entire boxing up of the phone. I also put a print out of the phone active on my Verizon account (I was told to do this) and included my email address on that paper. Took pics of the ups label( tracking number) and got a receipt from ups. I will update when I get anything.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Stercycle picked up my phone on the 12th i called to check on the status (knowing its to early) and was told they didn't even have it in the system. I was told it can take all of 15 BUSINESS DAYS wasn't aware we are talking business days. Has anyone received their check yet?

Ugh I'm going to try at T-Mobile corporate store before I send back.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Ugh I'm going to try at T-Mobile corporate store before I send back.

Be very careful and make sure you get full receipts for everything. Go to the tmobile return thread about my fiasco today and the last few days at the store and how I got screwed out of $847 that was NOT my fault at all, due to THEIR mistake at the store combined with clueless reps and forced to take a massive bill credit instead of getting refunded.

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Received my box earlier today. I have it packed with the phone only because the interior boxing only allows the Note 7 only to be packed. Apparently, I'll be keeping the accessories. It's being dropped off at a nearby UPS Store tomorrow.

2e779d6db15c1cccc326cd47c7d30491.jpg
9d3c65f53aa45e98891c633eba214e4d.jpg
85b109ea61a182b7f1f8dc6ed7f451ac.jpg

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I just received a call from a Samsung rep following up to verify I received the fireproof box. He said since I have a Verizon branded phone, I will be receiving an $864 plus local sales tax check within 14 days of delivery of the Note 7.

Another thing to add.
If you look at one of the pics from my previous post, the instructions only show to pack the phone. I told the rep that I literally followed the instructions. He said the accessories should have been placed inside the box with the phone as well. I asked if this was going to affect my refund since I have already packaged the box. He said that it would not. I suggested to modify the written instructions that came with the fireproof box to show where accessories should be placed if Samsung wants them to be included.

Last edited:

NSharma28

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I just received a call from a Samsung rep following up to verify I received the fireproof box. He said since I have a Verizon branded phone, I will be receiving an $864 plus local sales tax check within 14 days of delivery of the Note 7.

Another thing to add.
If you look at one of the pics from my previous post, the instructions only show to pack the phone. I told the rep that I literally followed the instructions. He said the accessories should have been placed inside the box with the phone as well. I asked if this was going to affect my refund since I have already packaged the box. He said that it would not. I suggested to modify the written instructions that came with the fireproof box to show where accessories should be placed if Samsung wants them to be included.

I spoke with 2 reps before sending out my phone, and both said the accessories are not to be packed in the box. The box is for phone only.

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Another thing to add.

When did your box get delivered and when did you receive the call?

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I just finally packed up my phone and gave to my shipping folks at work. I took a lot of pictures and video because I'm paranoid of not getting the refund check. I didn't see any room for any accessories in the box. The instructions did not mention anything about the accessories or the original box, so I kept mine. They better not try to short change me for this. Please report back if anyone receives a refund check.