Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Be very careful and make sure you get full receipts for everything. Go to the tmobile return thread about my fiasco today and the last few days at the store and how I got screwed out of $847 that was NOT my fault at all, due to THEIR mistake at the store combined with clueless reps and forced to take a massive bill credit instead of getting refunded.

Thanks for the information. I decided to just ship back to Samsung. I hope this works out.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I decided to just ship back to Samsung. I hope this works out.

People said NOT to order from Samsung's website because it's a 3rd party distributor, but it seems like their transactions are going more smoothly than going to the tmobile store. At least they're getting a check from Samsung.

My next phone I will either buy directly from Samsung or unlocked from Best Buy, but likely will probably have to buy an iPhone then so I can buy it directly from Apple Store and not deal with the morons at Tmobile anymore. I've never seen a bigger screw up before in my life than what I went through trying to get a refund.

adict2rice

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
hi guys, i need some guidance on this issue. i bought the Note off Craglist Tmobile version. but iam using it on TPO which is an Tmobile subsidy MVMOV. and the phone does not show up in my account at all. so would i still qualify to return the phone and get Samsung to send me a check? thanks

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
hi guys, i need some guidance on this issue. i bought the Note off Craglist Tmobile version. but iam using it on TPO which is an Tmobile subsidy MVMOV. and the phone does not show up in my account at all. so would i still qualify to return the phone and get Samsung to send me a check? thanks

Adict2rice:
This thread has a wealth of information that answers your inquiry.

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Call this number to get your shipping box and request a refund (855) 291-6255.

gotojanoo

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I received box but questions is how will they know that box came from me. I don't see any paper saying my return authorization number which is start from 511. Is it just work with tracking number?

Last edited:

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I received box but questions is how will they know that box came from me. I don't see any paper saying my return authorization number which is start from 511. Is it just work with tracking number?
On the upper right side of the return shipping label there are reference items, such as ID, Sequence, and Event numbers. I figure those are internal tracking numbers for Samsung. I snapped a picture of the label in case I need to reference these numbers or the 511 number given to me.

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I am still using my n7 and the box been here since I last got it. i patiently wait to see proof of a refund before I let it go. some guy on CL was buying n7s guess to flip refunds? Hes paying 400+ I am starting to ponder if I should go for that or wait...

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
And i'm still waiting by the mail box... :(

Has anyone received their check?

Shipped my Note 7 via UPS last Friday. It is scheduled to be received at Samsung HQ in Coppell, TX this Wednesday, October 26th. Per Samsung, after receiving the phone a check should be issued in the amount of $864 plus local sales tax within 15 business days. So I have until November 16th to receive confirmation of a check being issued by Samsung. If I do not hear from them by the 16th, I'll be call the next day.

If their timeframe holds accurate, I'll have the reimbursement funds available to make a phone purchase on Black Friday when there tends to be excellent deals.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I am still using my n7 and the box been here since I last got it. i patiently wait to see proof of a refund before I let it go. some guy on CL was buying n7s guess to flip refunds? Hes paying 400+ I am starting to ponder if I should go for that or wait...

Why on earth would you let that guy make 500 bucks? Send it back and get 920!

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Shipped my Note 7 via UPS last Friday. It is scheduled to be received at Samsung HQ in Coppell, TX this Wednesday, October 26th. Per Samsung, after receiving the phone a check should be issued in the amount of $864 plus local sales tax within 15 business days. So I have until November 16th to receive confirmation of a check being issued by Samsung. If I do not hear from them by the 16th, I'll be call the next day.

If their timeframe holds accurate, I'll have the reimbursement funds available to make a phone purchase on Black Friday when there tends to be excellent deals.

Mine is arriving in Coppell, TX on the same day. Here's to hoping we have our check before Nov. 15. My V20 is arriving on the 26th as well. Bye, Samsung.

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I called and ordered my return kit on 10/16 and still have not received it! Called Samsung this morning and they said I should receive it no later than this Thursday and if I don't to call them back to get it reset.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I just called the (855) 291-6255 number to verify that they received my phone. They were able to verify it was received on 10/19 and is in process for the check to be sent. She said it takes 10-14 days and this device is in day 4. Since it was a T-Mobile device, they are including the $25 loyalty credit which means I should be getting a check for $874. I don't entirely trust Samsung, so I will be calling them back in a week if I don't receive anything by then. I also sent back my other Note 7 and they received that device today.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just one screw up after another!

They sent me only one box to return two phones. Unfortunately, you are only supposed to put one phone in one if these boxes.

The documentation provided tells you to call Samsung for questions and assistance with the return.

I called only to be told that I need to call VZW. This whole recall from the beginning has been one screw up after another.

Thanks Samsung for finding yet another way to screw with your customers, soon to be former customer.

Last edited:

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Just one screw up after another!

They sent me only one box to return two phones. Unfortunately, you are only supposed to put one phone in one if these boxes.

The documentation provided tells you to call Samsung for questions and assistance with the return.

I called only to be told that I need to call VZW. This whole recall from the beginning has been one screw up after another.

Thanks Samsung for finding her another way to screw with your customers, soon to be former customer.

Totally true. I'm done with Samsung after this mess. Once the check is in my hands and cashed, I will feel relieved to abandon Samsung for a good long time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer