Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope you don't actually believe what they told you?? Cause we have all been waiting and have been told the SAME things and yet 99% of us still have NO check. And they sent an email 2 weeks ago stating that we would receive our checks within 2-3 business days.... LMFAO They are playing us all for a bunch of fools, and getting away with it too!

Unless you've received the compensation emails with numbers 167, 168, and 169, I wouldn't rely on what they said. Those emails are triggered as the phone moves through the refund process. Once you receive the compensation email with the number 169, that is the approval and mailing of the refund. The refund will arrive about a week after receipt of that email. Keep your tracking information and log all of your contacts with Samsung. And keep calling. I found the best number where I got the most traction was the 855 number that has been listed in this thread. After my last call with them, I received those emails right away and got my check on Monday of this week.

Good luck with that. They LIE like breathing. You are not getting your check by the 9th.

Just received my 167 email from them! Yippee! Now gotta figure out the timeline from here to when I should get my check!

soccer_sly

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
New member here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I have been holding onto my 2nd batch Note 7 for as long as I could. Yesterday 12/6/16, I decided to call the Colorado refund department about the recall just to see my options. I purchased this 2nd batch Note 7 from Craigslist and I made it clear to the rep. The phone call went surprisingly very smooth, all said and done with in 20 minutes! The Samsung rep took down the IMEI, my name, address, and email. They offered to ship out a S7 variant of my choice if a hold was placed on my credit card for the amount until they received my Note 7. I chose the second option which was to meet personally with a Stericycle rep, from my understanding, to swap devices directly with the rep. However this afternoon 12/7/16 I received an email that Samsung has shipped my S7 Edge via UPS 2nd Day Air to my address, tracking info says its in transit. Where do I go from here? :confused: They didn't take my credit card info nor did I accept that option and to be charged.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

So I have been holding onto my 2nd batch Note 7 for as long as I could. Yesterday 12/6/16, I decided to call the Colorado refund department about the recall just to see my options. I purchased this 2nd batch Note 7 from Craigslist and I made it clear to the rep. The phone call went surprisingly very smooth, all said and done with in 20 minutes! The Samsung rep took down the IMEI, my name, address, and email. They offered to ship out a S7 variant of my choice if a hold was placed on my credit card for the amount until they received my Note 7. I chose the second option which was to meet personally with a Stericycle rep, from my understanding, to swap devices directly with the rep. However this afternoon 12/7/16 I received an email that Samsung has shipped my S7 Edge via UPS 2nd Day Air to my address, tracking info says its in transit. Where do I go from here? :confused: They didn't take my credit card info nor did I accept that option and to be charged.

If they didn't take your credit card, then they can't charge you for the S7 edge. Keep the S7, wait a week, then call back and tell them you want to send back your Note 7 for a refund. It's the least they can do for all the trouble they put us all through.

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site

The rep should have told you that you would get a shipping confirmation. That means they shipped it to stericycle. I went this route also. My ticket was opened on 11/4 and Steri-Cycle didn't contact me until 11/22 and I met them on 11/23. The 48-72 hours are BUSINESS HOURS = up to 9 days. In my case longer. More than likely it will be around Christmas if not after before you get the exchange.

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a question for those of you who have mailed your phones or met with Steri-Cycle. Did you have to keep up with your phone via UPS website or did Samsung let you know when you called in that they had received it. Every time I call they tell me without a tracking number (ups) they don't know where it is. What? You have the IMEI number and you can't look in your system to see if it is checked in? This is ridiculous.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for those of you who have mailed your phones or met with Steri-Cycle. Did you have to keep up with your phone via UPS website or did Samsung let you know when you called in that they had received it. Every time I call they tell me without a tracking number (ups) they don't know where it is. What? You have the IMEI number and you can't look in your system to see if it is checked in? This is ridiculous.
Yeah, their tracking system is garbage. I had to give them my tracking number. And just because it's delivered doesn't mean that they have RECEIVED it.

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, their tracking system is garbage. I had to give them my tracking number. And just because it's delivered doesn't mean that they have RECEIVED it.

I'm sitting here wondering why in the world they can't tell me by my IMEI if my phone has been received. I'm about to get ticked. I chatted with someone this morning and I told them beforehand that I had met with Steri-Cycle and I wanted to know if they had received my phones yet. She said their was shipping info. Then proceeded to tell me what I already knew and the shipping info was from 11/5 when they sent my replacement phones to Steri-Cycle. After I was pretty much like "thank you captain duh" she gave me a number to call because she couldn't help me any further.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
So the tracking number is not tied to the IMEI. The IMEI will only show up in their system when a rep opens the box with your phone in it and processes your return.

Omar Kandil

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
To anyone wondering what phone to switch too I rank it as listed
Lg v20
Iphone 7 plus
One plus
Google pixel
I used all of these and am currently using the 7 plus it's a pretty easy switch from android with the widgets it's lighting fast and simple good luck guys and thanks for being part of this feed everyone here encouraged one another to stand up to Samsung

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
So the tracking number is not tied to the IMEI. The IMEI will only show up in their system when a rep opens the box with your phone in it and processes your return.

Thank you. I got someone tonight and they said that my refund ticket was started on Tuesday(meaning that my phone has been received). Thank goodness. How long(and please don't laugh) did it take everyone from that point to their check being sent?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I got someone tonight and they said that my refund ticket was started on Tuesday(meaning that my phone has been received). Thank goodness. How long(and please don't laugh) did it take everyone from that point to their check being sent?

The timing was about a week after receiving the 169 email.

eaglehdz_21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if samsung is actually checking the imeis for activation status ? I had one that I purchased when it first came out that unfortunately was left financed on a account. Do you think that be a problem with the reimbursement.

Omar Kandil

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Mine was second hand for sprint and cracked and I got a refund they don't care about the condition just demand a refund say you got it as a gift or the seller won't respond to you and say that a Samsung two promised you a refund call the cpsc do whatever you'll get it i had to start a thread in androidcentral call over 89 times get hung up on etc.. but I got it

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my 168 and 169 emails on Friday about an hour apart, called Samsung today and said I should receive my check no later than this Thursday!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781