Less Expensive Note?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Now, because of the current situation with the Note 7, do you think, or what do you think, about another version being offered in a few more months, for a cheaper price?

Or do you think that if the Note 8, or whatever the supposed successor of the now Failed Note 7 does get release, we would see it at a less expensive price point, in order to try to help pick up sales again?

I'm not even mentioning the S7 or supposed to be next S8 because it's considered a different class of device. Premium yes, but still not the same class as the Note.

It would be nice to see this device finally fixed and re-released at a cheaper price under a different name or even the next iteration of the Note, be release at a less expensive price point.

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I wondered about that myself. Samsung needs a good device that will help their brand. The S8 won't be out until next year, so they need something soon.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
And for those of us that pay for our phones over 24 months, if I get a S7 Edge this weekend to replace my Note 7, and a new-and-improved, non-explosive note comes out in a couple months, it doesn't matter because I'm stuck paying on the S7 Edge. One of the many reasons I am so annoyed by this.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Note another Note?? I hope not. :-\ Fills a niche... Finally got my attention and would have been the first Samsung I wanted to buy.

Maybe they'll do the future Note in Tizen. :p It was the Samsung features of the pen that sold the phone more than the Android features so maybe.

I thought the Note 7 was such a hit... to even be phone of year... I thought maybe it would force Apple to enable their pen used in their iPad Pro on next gen iPhone Plus!

I don't think there will be another Note, but if there is I would be shocked if it was cheaper.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And for those of us that pay for our phones over 24 months, if I get a S7 Edge this weekend to replace my Note 7, and a new-and-improved, non-explosive note comes out in a couple months, it doesn't matter because I'm stuck paying on the S7 Edge. One of the many reasons I am so annoyed by this.

I am in basically the same boat, as are many, and my solution was to buy a refurbished S7Edge on ebay. Of course I don't know yet if I am going to have an issue with the refurb, but I can send it back if I do. That said, my line will not be tied to Verizon paying off a 24-month device contract on a phone that I do not even want. This way, if a new awesome Note or Note type phone is released, I can jump on it and possibly get a hundred bucks selling the refurb.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Note another Note?? I hope not. :-\ Fills a niche... Finally got my attention and would have been the first Samsung I wanted to buy.

Maybe they'll do the future Note in Tizen. :p It was the Samsung features of the pen that sold the phone more than the Android features so maybe.

I thought the Note 7 was such a hit... to even be phone of year... I thought maybe it would force Apple to enable their pen used in their iPad Pro on next gen iPhone Plus!

I do think there will be another huge phone with an s-pen - but it will have substantial differences and a different name.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
... my line will not be tied to Verizon paying off a 24-month device contract on a phone that I do not even want. This way, if a new awesome Note or Note type phone is released, I can jump on it and possibly get a hundred bucks selling the refurb.

This is my issue right now. My Fiancee doesn't want me spending the money on a device that isn't really the one I want, but unfortunately, there's nothing out there like the Note for all it has to offer as a complete package. I toyed with the idea of getting the S7 Edge, but then I don't want to spend the money on that phone now, and then shell out another possible $900+ for another device in about 9 months.

I really hope they keep the note line going by next year, and just be very thorough and diligent with their R & D and QC of it from here on out.

9 months sounds like it's so far away, but my wedding is in just over 365 days, so it's not too bad I guess, LOL.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is my issue right now. My Fiancee doesn't want me spending the money on a device that isn't really the one I want, but unfortunately, there's nothing out there like the Note for all it has to offer as a complete package. I toyed with the idea of getting the S7 Edge, but then I don't want to spend the money on that phone now, and then shell out another possible $900+ for another device in about 9 months.

I really hope they keep the note line going by next year, and just be very thorough and diligent with their R & D and QC of it from here on out.

9 months sounds like it's so far away, but my wedding is in just over 365 days, so it's not too bad I guess, LOL.

You might want to do what I am doing and get a less expensive used phone to hold you over. And congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Spend $400 on a OnePlus3 to tie you over... Or even a deal like skatergirl's... and put the His and Her Note 8 on your wedding registry. Problem solved. ;)

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I am in basically the same boat, as are many, and my solution was to buy a refurbished S7Edge on ebay. Of course I don't know yet if I am going to have an issue with the refurb, but I can send it back if I do. That said, my line will not be tied to Verizon paying off a 24-month device contract on a phone that I do not even want. This way, if a new awesome Note or Note type phone is released, I can jump on it and possibly get a hundred bucks selling the refurb.
Do you have a link to the seller or store on eBay that you are looking at the S7E?
Spend $400 on a OnePlus3 to tie you over... Or even a deal like skatergirl's... and put the His and Her Note 8 on your wedding registry. Problem solved. ;)

Yeah, I am considering a device no more than $400. I will need to pay it outright.

Ideally, I'd like it to have wireless charging, USB-C, and expandable memory. And not that it's a deal breaker, I'd like it to be able to work with the Gear VR I just received too.

Any suggestions that you know of that will fit these criteria? Android devices are all new to me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't expect the Note 8 to be generally less expensive but I'd not be surprised if Samsung offers some kind of nice rebate or something equivalent to folks that had a Note 7 registered (or can somehow prove they'd purchased a Note 7).

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link to the seller or store on eBay that you are looking at the S7E?

Yeah, I am considering a device no more than $400. I will need to pay it outright.

Ideally, I'd like it to have wireless charging, USB-C, and expandable memory. And not that it's a deal breaker, I'd like it to be able to work with the Gear VR I just received too.

Any suggestions that you know of that will fit these criteria? Android devices are all new to me.

Here you go

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM G935V 32GB Verizon Smartphone Silver Black Gold | eBay

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I think the Note 7 will not be mentioned or linked to in any way. Not even good faith legacy discounts.

Their best bet to bridge is go back to replaceable batteries, but likely not what happens. They have an Apple pathology that includes forcing two year retirement curves with sealed batteries.

The problem with that logic is what if less or even none buy your product? Seems a tunnel visioned approach, but I'm bitter right now.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Congratulations!
I got the Note5 yesterday at Verizon. I had the 4 before the 7 and skipped the 5.
Glad it was there. Two other customers were there with their 7's too and they too got the Note5. I am content and Verizon has been great. I feel bad for the carriers.
I just hope everyone is polite and patient.
I have a good friend who works at the Norterra location and some customers act like it's Verizon fault and take it out on the reps. We all need to be kind and thoughtful.! It's a stressful time for us the consumer as well as our carriers.
Be nice. If you were in their shoes how would you like to be treated?
No one has ever seen a phone recall like this. Be nice to your rep

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol