Be wise...return asap - Samsung soon to limit returns to Samsung devices

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has noticed, Samsung has made an official announcement on what carriers should do when note 7s are returned today. They limited the option to replacing it with a S7 or S7 edge or giving customers a full refund. This was actually a pretty smart move by Samsung to ensure that some people will still walk out with Samsung devices.

The problem is that cArriers are not exactly following this announcement yet but you must be cautious of the possible limitations that may be placed on what you can get by returning the note 7. Best bet...return now while most carriers are putting all options open on the table.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Of those two strategies, I appreciate the carriers more. Obviously Samsung doesn't want to take this 15 billion dollar write down and get no revenue out of it - but it should be up to the consumer what device they walk away with when they are refunded their money, whether that be directly in the form of money returned to them or a different device of their choosing.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung also says return for full refund, which means return the Note and choose what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
They didn't limit anything. Because they allow a full refund, you can take that money and buy any phone you want. Don't add to the misinformation. That's probably why we are losing this awesome phone to begin with.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They didn't limit anything. Because they allow a full refund, you can take that money and buy any phone you want. Don't add to the misinformation. That's probably why we are losing this awesome phone to begin with.
You never know if these policies change anytime soon....so still good to return asap

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Watch all the reports of supposed "safe" note 7's all be from Samsungs competition, or from people paid off to claim it had. It's even possible that people subjected the phone to circumstances that would cause any phone to flare up. I have yet to see anything confirming that the supposed devices were note 7(not saying that it hasn't been confirmed, just that I haven't seen anything). If I find out it's any of the above I'll be frickin livid. I love my note 7. Beast of a phone amazing camera, amazing screen, not to mention the device is freakin gorgeous! I mean seriously, take off your case for just a sec and just look at it! *gives time for you to look at it* It's beautiful and it irks me every time I look at it that I know that the days with I are now very numbered, especially since I'm a dad. I couldn't forgive myself if I was all like "oh its only happened toike 7 phones and only 5 were in the US. It won't happen to me.." and then have her get hurt. And it sucks, I double dipped in the galaxy promotions when the recall happened for a SD card and vr set and now even oculus is making it so the n7 won't work on it. I mean, I know I could just go and get a s7 edge and make it work with the vr but honestly, I kinda have a bad taste in my mouth from Samsung, not to mention that there have been reports, whether true or not, of the s7 edge going up in smoke so can't have that safety concern hovering over us. Good luck to everyone on the situation and on finding a suitable replacement for the n7.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
What exactly are they limiting? They're offering a full refund which means you can go buy another phone. What am I missing here?

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
As much as I like Samsung's hardware, I will not be giving them anymore money for a while after this debacle. The S7 edge might look like the best option but I will be going out of my way to avoid buying it.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I was told today when I talked to someone from Sprint that I could return the phone for a refund and go to Best Buy and get the Pink Gold S7 Edge for the upgrade. Also is there a time limit for doing the returns? Because right now Best Buy is out of stock.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was told today when I talked to someone from Sprint that I could return the phone for a refund and go to Best Buy and get the Pink Gold S7 Edge for the upgrade. Also is there a time limit for doing the returns? Because right now Best Buy is out of stock.

I've heard you can return until the new year maybe longer but it's all just hearsay at this point

Jonziwels

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
So I bought my note 7 thru At&t on a installment plan. However I talked to Samsung directly today they said they would give me full refund after I sent back..but now I called At&t they said I would owe the money for phone ?..what do I do?

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I am currently planning to keep until a last day for returns is announced and/or a battery hack is put on this device.

Me too waiting till Samsung officially announces that it will power down the phone
all i want is to use it till i get the Galaxy S8
dont even want to return it after that
Its a Historic phone :)

Last edited:

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
bb0387aafad9f2bafe5ca568e6d2e0c9.jpg

Just got this message on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads