02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I am typing this reply from my Replacement Note 7. I love it. I want to keep it but can't. I'm literally sad over it.

I need to fly, and I too, am tired of wondering if it will catch on fire or if it won't. I also want the next Note release and will have to break my contract to get it.

Verizon is loving me. Lots of phones, lots of taxes, and lots of activation charges during this process. I'm contemplating the Pixel XL and LGV20 this month. Not sure which one I want, cause I really don't want either, I want my Samsung Note 7.

Question: S Pen. Does this trap air into the phone? Unique item on this phone?

Fast charging. Is there an issue with that? These phones do run hot when charging have since S3.

Did these 5 people charge their phone differently, Did they start these fires? Did they have an app that matched? Did they live in same environment? What is the common denominator or root cause of these hot smoking phones. Did they get wet? Rain? Did they use the S Pen?
    Were they gamers? Their Ages? Business people? Did they try to reboot their phones? Did they try to open them?

5 and recall? Ugh. Just so frustrated.

I have always had Samsung. I don't want to switch. And I'm actually surprised at how I feel about it. Sick to my stomach to switch. Please. Get this fixed, and say we can keep our Note 7s.

Dianna
    sandra_17 likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:34 PM
    This is what I was told as well. This, when combined with the Samsung $100 credit makes it worthwhile for me to get a new s7E rather than go with a used phone since I traded in my note 3 and have no backup.
    The Note 7 was and, I just checked, my S7 still shows I am eligible once I hit 50%
    Are you sure? I could of sworn even the note 7 was eligible once you hit 50%.
    That isn't quite the case. I was able to purchase my Note 7 at 50% of my Note 5 with return of the Note 5, didn't return it as of the hassles in the first 2 weeks with the first recall, held on to it just in case and it turned out to be to my benefit as I reactivated it to use while I wait for the Note 8/S8 Pro non-exploding edition.
    Ok so you can't buy the Note 7 anymore....
    Yeah, it was eligible when it first came out. Only new Samsung phones for a period after they first come out and new iPhones for a period after they first come out are able to take advantage of this. If you purchased an S7 today, it would not be eligible and you would have to pay it off before you could upgrade. This comes straight from the website, and has also been confirmed by reps in chats. Unless you guys have some plan that doesn't exist anymore (edge plan), then there definitely is no 75% payoff option and no other phones qualify.

Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0-screenshot_20161017-170812.jpg
    10-17-2016 05:13 PM
    Ok so you can't buy the Note 7 anymore....
    Yeah, it was eligible when it first came out. Only new Samsung phones for a period after they first come out and new iPhones for a period after they first come out are able to take advantage of this. If you purchased an S7 today, it would not be eligible and you would have to pay it off before you could upgrade. This comes straight from the website, and has also been confirmed by reps in chats. Unless you guys have some plan that doesn't exist anymore (edge plan), then there definitely is no 75% payoff option and no other phones qualify.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161017-170812.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	242606
    Yeah some plans still have it. My line is a 50% line as long as I return the device I purchased on that line at 50%.
    10-17-2016 07:56 PM
    Yeah some plans still have it. My line is a 50% line as long as I return the device I purchased on that line at 50%.
    Yeah, the edge ones, right? Anyone on the new plans can't do that though. So the average person getting a new phone wouldn't be eligible to do the annual upgrade unless they got an iPhone.

I wish all phones were eligible for this. I would try out some other phones. Oh well.
    10-17-2016 08:29 PM
    I think if we complain enough they will let everyone that had a N7 get the new Note in 2017.
    10-17-2016 10:30 PM
    Is it weird that after fighting at the Verizon store for them to take my phone Saturday, I have yet to receive any kind of refund. I understand Verizon is trying to push the "only refund if you upgrade to a new phone" garbage but this is ridiculous. I've had to do so much fighting to get my money back
    10-17-2016 10:50 PM
    Is it weird that after fighting at the Verizon store for them to take my phone Saturday, I have yet to receive any kind of refund. I understand Verizon is trying to push the "only refund if you upgrade to a new phone" garbage but this is ridiculous. I've had to do so much fighting to get my money back
    You will do well by switching to tmobile.....
    10-17-2016 11:04 PM
    Are they just sending it back for you? I know during the first recall they would reluctantly take them but would say until they get to the warehouse, you wouldn't get your refund.
    10-18-2016 07:42 AM
    Has anyone in the chicagoland area been able to get verizon corp store to take the phone back in store? I already tried at one place and as soon as i said note 7 they where like you have too wait for box to be sent out. but all per chat with verizon.com i can be returned to store that they were going to document it on my account notes. so i will try a different store today and see what happens.
    10-18-2016 07:52 AM
    I think Verizon is doing their best to push people to “upgrade” to get the return of the Note 7 taken care of. Reason being, they had to void all the 2 year contracts for everyone that had a Note 7 on an installment plan. They had no choice but to do this, because it would have been illegal to continue charging someone on a device that has been recalled. So I’m sure Verizon feels like they potentially got screwed out of a bunch of cash because of all this. Nothing prevents these folks from going to competitors now because they are no longer under contract. I’m hearing stories of the people who paid in full not getting their money back until the note is returned. Probably because they paid in full before the recall took effect, so there might be some type of loophole in the law that lets them get away with it. Verizon is probably trying to make it difficult to get a straight refund, so people don't just dump the phone and cut and run, so they’re trying their hardest to get people to get another new phone from them.

From their Note 7 Recall FAQ
    What if I don't want to exchange my Galaxy Note7?
    We strongly encourage our customers to power down their Note7 device and process an upgrade by visiting http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=1YGZ-klH.
    Orders placed through 10/19/2016 will receive free overnight shipping. After you process your order, you'll receive a special recovery box to return your Note7. (Notice it doesn't say anything like YOU MUST RETURN OR ELSE...)

Do I need to return my Galaxy Note7 after I upgrade to a new device?
    Yes, to avoid any charges, please return your Note7 in the special recovery box provided after you process your order. (Notice it just says to avoid any charges – I’d be curious to see if/how they attempt to charge someone for a device that has been recalled)

What happens to the device payment agreement I have for my Galaxy Note7?
    Your Note7 device payment agreement has been automatically canceled, and you'll receive a bill credit for any payments made towards your installment balance.
    Additionally, you'll receive a refund or bill credit for any taxes, down payments or upgrade fees you may have paid. Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for credits to apply.

Notice the FAQ doesn’t say a peep about just activating an old device because they don’t make any extra money that way….http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=86oW3zIk
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-18-2016 08:29 AM
    10-18-2016 08:52 AM
    Has anyone actually received the special recovery box from Verizon yet?
    10-18-2016 09:11 AM
    Has anyone actually received the special recovery box from Verizon yet?
    This is what I want to know. And they should just send a box to everyone, not AFTER you purchase a new phone. I won't be purchasing one for months.
    devauls likes this.
    10-18-2016 11:16 AM
    This is what I want to know. And they should just send a box to everyone, not AFTER you purchase a new phone. I won't be purchasing one for months.
    Totally agree. They are definitely trying to be cryptic in letting people know that they're legally entitled to a refund or having clear instructions how to return it without any type of upgrade/exchange.
    10-18-2016 11:26 AM
    From their Note 7 Recall FAQ

Additionally, you'll receive a refund or bill credit for any taxes, down payments or upgrade fees you may have paid. Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for credits to apply.
    I'm having an issue with getting my $200 down payment back if I return or exchange because I bought the phone at Target but did the first recall exchange at Verizon because Target wouldn't. From reading from Verizon's faq it says I should receive my down payment and taxes within 2 billing cycles. It doesn't specify that it matters who I originally payed it to. Before they credited back my first 2 payments my account did reflect that I had payed 21% of the device off.
    10-18-2016 01:00 PM
    Best Buy took my 2nd note 7 back. Refunded me my Tax money. Credited my whole account with At&t.
    And made sure I was eligible for a new upgrade and I didn't own anything on the 2nd note 7 that I returned.

And gave me a gift card for like 28.00.
    Couldn't of been any nicer for me.
    10-18-2016 01:04 PM
    So I finally got that refund... with a 35 dollar refund fee. I guess that comes off of the monthly bill hopefully.
    10-18-2016 02:37 PM
    So after much deliberation I decided to swap my note 7. They reset my upgrade so Went online as they suggested to do my swapping out and pre-ordered the pixel XL. There was nothing when I ordered that said anything about them shipping me a special box to return my note 7? I read somewhere where somebody mentioned they will receive the box to return the note 7 along with their new phone? Not sure exactly how this is going to work don't want to just send it back and not get a refund for it. I had the Pixel XL billed to my account.
    10-18-2016 03:21 PM
    Just got a new text from Verizon about returning the Note 7. It looks like they dropped the "We strongly encourage" part. Now they just saying return and upgrade! Well guess what Verizon? I don't want to upgrade and/or sign a new contract for a new device. So now what? Still no info listed on how someone should do that.They can't force anyone to upgrade, but they sure want to make it appear as if it is your only choice. Why not post some clear, concise instructions for those who do not wish to upgrade? Such as: If you already own another device that you wish to activate, please do "X" and we will ensure a proper shipping container is sent to you so you can return your defective device. That option does not make them any money though....Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0-screenshot_2016-10-18-17-31-04.png
    10-18-2016 04:48 PM
    no thank you.
    10-18-2016 05:34 PM
    Dial 611 to get Verizon customer service, tell them you want to save your upgrade and they will send you a coded box to return the note 7 so you can get your refund.
    10-18-2016 06:09 PM
    Do not hold your breath for a $1000 gift card.
    10-18-2016 07:13 PM
    The 32 vs 64 GB storage capacity is a big difference between S7 Edge and Note 7. There were also subtle tweaks that the Note 7 keyboard had that I liked a lot more than the S7 Edge I had for 10 days between getting my first and second Note 7 phones. Note 7 is clearly the best hardware that I've owned which includes Apple, Samsung and HTC products. Funny that despite 30-40% of Note 7 users still using their phone we've not had another combustible device in the past week.
    10-19-2016 10:32 AM
    Do not hold your breath for a $1000 gift card.
    It absolutely won't happen. But the S7 edge should be heavily discounted or allow an early trade for the Note 8 (or whatever it's called). I got a $25 bill credit for 4+ hours on the phone dealing with both recalls, an hour in store for the first recall, and being completely jerked around with regards to my full $921 refund. VZW will not credit my card in store with return of the phone. They process the refund when the phone arrives. What if the phone doesn't arrive? What if its lost or stolen in transit? I'm putting a $1,000 in the mailbox and then not getting my money back or having the phone. If it's recalled, I should be refunded immediately.
    timmo and shrxwin like this.
    10-19-2016 11:57 AM
    I'm still waiting for my $933 on the 1st recalled device. Yes - I'm pissed.
    10-19-2016 12:57 PM
388 ... 89101112 ...