02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Another call to VZW today...SMH....According to the CSR there is no estimate on when they expect the fireproof boxes to be mailed to Note 7 customers. I can still not return my Note 7 to the store and I will NOT receive credit for my original purchase $300+until they receive it back...even though they have no ETA on the boxes.
    10-19-2016 01:07 PM
    You basically just have to go to the store and be extremely forceful. Argue everything they say and make the demands, otherwise they walk all over you.They have the ability to take the phone back, but they're being told not to so they can save a few bucks. If you show them you know all the details of the return, you back them into a wall and they have to take the return.
    10-19-2016 01:41 PM
    You basically just have to go to the store and be extremely forceful. Argue everything they say and make the demands, otherwise they walk all over you.They have the ability to take the phone back, but they're being told not to so they can save a few bucks. If you show them you know all the details of the return, you back them into a wall and they have to take the return.
    My local store will take the phone. But they won't refund my card on the spot. They say the refund won't post until they receive it where ever it's going. And I'm not handing them the phone until they hand me a refund receipt.
    10-19-2016 01:54 PM
    They are obliged to give you a return receipt if you hand it in at the store.
    10-19-2016 02:15 PM
    ...Notice the FAQ doesn’t say a peep about just activating an old device because they don’t make any extra money that way….https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=1-BzPbSb
    I went back to my old Note 5 (which almost was given to my husband - was just finishing setting it up when this whole thing started). This is why I have called VZW and Samsung more times than I can count for this box. They each kept telling me to call the other. The box for the first recall was sent to me by VZW, shipping back to them. From what I understand this one is being shipped to Samsung....who knows.

Today I just saw this on my account altho it's dated 10/17. ("Sys Driver"...??) Not sure if this was auto generated, or if one of my zillion calls triggered it.

Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0-verizon-box-order-02.jpg
    10-19-2016 04:21 PM
    Another call to VZW today...SMH....According to the CSR there is no estimate on when they expect the fireproof boxes to be mailed to Note 7 customers. I can still not return my Note 7 to the store and I will NOT receive credit for my original purchase $300+until they receive it back...even though they have no ETA on the boxes.
    My fireproof return box showed up by fedex today, that's great, but the Pixel XL I ordered to replace it won't ship until next week if I'm lucky.
    10-19-2016 06:46 PM
    My fireproof return box showed up by fedex today, that's great, but the Pixel XL I ordered to replace it won't ship until next week if I'm lucky.
    Just curious, where does it say they are shipping them back to?
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-19-2016 07:08 PM
    I want to know this as well.
    10-19-2016 07:18 PM
    Returns Processing Center
    4801 Mercantile Drive
    Bldg 17
    Fort Worth, TX 76190
    James Beam and keepnitreel like this.
    10-19-2016 09:25 PM
    So they're going back to VZW again, not Samsung...?
    10-19-2016 09:59 PM
    So they're going back to VZW again, not Samsung...?
    Google is showing Verizon for that address. Which sucks, wish it was going to Samsung.
    10-19-2016 10:06 PM
    Google is showing Verizon for that address. Which sucks, wish it was going to Samsung.
    In the "2nd hand note return" thread, those are the ones being handled directly by Samsung and going to an address in Coppel, TX, which is about 30 miles away from the VZW return address in Forth Worth. I'm totally speculating, but I bet VZW is just collecting them all in one location and crossing them off a return list. Then have Samsung pick them up to take them back to their warehouse so they can get them on a slow boat back to South Korea. I'd be surprised if VZW actually even opens the special boxes to actually verify the phone is in there. It would be interesting to find out if the other carriers (sprint, T mobile, ATT) are also sending them to addresses in TX.
    10-19-2016 10:16 PM
    How are they tracking returns? The special box I received to return my original n7 didn't have any paperwork with it that would identify me as the sender.
    10-19-2016 11:12 PM
    About an hour ago I received this email from VZW. A $924.48 refund???! Not credited anywhere that I can see, plus I didn't buy it outright in the first place. Also, I got the text from VZW on 9/24 that my original (which was sent back in the fireproof box) was received. Still waiting for the box for the replacement phone. No idea whatsoever what is going on!

Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0-vzw-email-10-20a.jpg
    10-20-2016 03:24 PM
    I have yet to see any sign of a return box.
    10-20-2016 08:02 PM
    Still waiting on my $933 for my 1st recalled device that Verizon has had for weeks now...grrrrrr
    10-20-2016 11:14 PM
    signed into my verizon account today, and it no longer shows that my line (the one with my note 7) is available for upgrade. there is no device payment showing and it says i am month to month. the next upgrade date is 9/20/18 weird.
    10-21-2016 05:49 PM
    signed into my verizon account today, and it no longer shows that my line (the one with my note 7) is available for upgrade. there is no device payment showing and it says i am month to month. the next upgrade date is 9/20/18 weird.
    Mine still shows its month to month and eligible for "upgrade now", but I switched back to my old phone last week and that's the only device that shows up on my account now.
    10-21-2016 06:05 PM
    Don't like having to wait 2 yrs for a upgrade with there is a recalled device.
    What kind of game is Verizon playing.
    10-21-2016 06:06 PM
    Don't like having to wait 2 yrs for a upgrade with there is a recalled device.
    What kind of game is Verizon playing.
    ok so i looked at the billing page, and the other three phones show as $20 (as they should), but my note 7 shows as $56.
    $56 is what it was before they did the recall, so for about 10 days it was showing $20 and they had refunded me all of the device payments i had made to date. now it looks like i have a device payment again
    10-21-2016 06:13 PM
    ok so i looked at the billing page, and the other three phones show as $20 (as they should), but my note 7 shows as $56.
    $56 is what it was before they did the recall, so for about 10 days it was showing $20 and they had refunded me all of the device payments i had made to date. now it looks like i have a device payment again

ARe you still paying from month to month for the device that they asked you to turn in.
    But Verizon decided to let you keep it cause they was gonna charge you for it anyway.
    Man that sounds fishy.
    10-21-2016 06:16 PM
    This is a screen shot of tge device page.
    10-21-2016 06:30 PM
    Well fortunately you are no longer obligated by the contract either way. So worst case scenario, you just switch to another provider to get your upgrade when you find a phone that you want (or now if you don't want to pay the $56 monthly for your recalled note).

Edit: Also, I wonder how they can even legally keep charging you monthly for a recalled item? I could see if you were leasing the phone maybe since technically it wouldn't be your property. But it says right in the monthly device payment contract terms that it is not a lease, it is a sales installment agreement...
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-21-2016 06:53 PM
    Weird I got a S7 and Pixel XL (got lucky and actually received it yesterday) with a 2 year price. Bought it over the phone. Had to call to get a fireproof box for me to send back my phones. That should be here Monday.

Weird thing is I still show both of those lines as eligible for upgrade for the 2 year price. I have had the Samsung S7 for almost a week.
    10-21-2016 07:04 PM
    id like you to post back when those "fireproof" boxes come. They told me I would get my box on MOnday, when I called back yesterday they said VERIZOn doesn't know when they will come.
    10-21-2016 09:14 PM
388 ... 910111213 ...