02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 1234 ...
tools
    Or its just one store with a manager who likes iPhones.
    that manager rocks a Moto Z with JBL speaker on it all the time.... (but I guess it's a freebie from Verizon?)
    10-12-2016 02:53 PM
    The specs have "aged" well, but my issue (other than just not liking the S7E as much as the N7) is that a 7 month old phone should be discounted at this point. Not just for us, but in general. Does anybody have a guess as to when there will be sales on them? Maybe black Friday?
    I did contemplate originally about seeing if I should wait for any sales to get the Note 7 originally, especially on Black Friday. When I checked the 2015 Black Friday deals from last year with Verizon, they did have sales on the S6/S6E, with monthly payments being lower. I would expect the same for this year with the S7/S7E.
    10-12-2016 02:58 PM
    why is Verizon pushing customers so hard to exchange Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus?

was at my Verizon corporate store again today... the same manager that I talked to previously asked me "so you're ready to turn in your Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus yet?" I hate iPhones, so I obviously declined. However, he told me that they have recommended that most of the walk-in customers to exchange their Note 7 for the iPhone 7Plus... and most have done so.

Is Apple taking advantage of Samsung by offering Verizon extra incentives to push iPhones to Note 7 customers? If so, is that even legal?
    Companies offer incentives to their retail partners all the time. I know Samsung is very aggressive in offering incentives. I don't know if Apple is offering an incentive. A more likely explanation is the cost of the phone. They do not want to have customers buy a lower cost device.

I have no doubt the stores have been told to do everything possible to limit refunds. So pushing another high end device is reasonable. They are also probably unhappy with Samsung so they don't want to push a Samsung device.
    10-12-2016 03:00 PM
    I've done with Verizon 3 times over the past week about returning the note 7 and haven't gotten clarity. I'm using a updated note 7 and it's the only phone on my account, I preordered a Pixel XL so I'm waiting for it as my replacement. Until then I'll be using the note 7, but who is sending some a box to return this thing? The last time I spoke with Verizon they said Samsung is sending return boxes and I can do with it what I please!? Doesn't sound right to me. Does anyone know anything about what's happening, I feel like a 1000 bill is going to show up on my next bill. Thanks
    10-12-2016 03:04 PM
    Verizon sent a text to users directing them to this page.

go.vzw.com/note7faq

"Verizon will send you a recovery box to ship back your device. Do not send back your device until you receive the recovery box and shipping instructions."
    10-12-2016 03:08 PM
    Verizon just wiped my account clear of my two Note 7 devices. Both lines are available for upgrade and listed as month to month contracts. I don't think they want the devices returned.
    10-12-2016 03:09 PM
    I've done with Verizon 3 times over the past week about returning the note 7 and haven't gotten clarity. I'm using a updated note 7 and it's the only phone on my account, I preordered a Pixel XL so I'm waiting for it as my replacement. Until then I'll be using the note 7, but who is sending some a box to return this thing? The last time I spoke with Verizon they said Samsung is sending return boxes and I can do with it what I please!? Doesn't sound right to me. Does anyone know anything about what's happening, I feel like a 1000 bill is going to show up on my next bill. Thanks
    I believe Verizon is sending the box and you just need to send back the phone.

Your account should already be cleared of the Note 7 payment device. Have you checked online or your phone at your account page?
    10-12-2016 03:17 PM

Your account should already be cleared of the Note 7 payment device. Have you checked online or your phone at your account page?
    This has been the occurrence from Verizon because they want you to be able to do your new phone online without hassle. They DO expect you to select a new phone and you will receive material to ship the phones back
    10-12-2016 03:29 PM
    My big question is what happens if I want to upgrade to the Note 8 or whatever next year; am I gonna have to pay off the phone I didn't want in the first place?
    Yes
    10-12-2016 03:31 PM

Yeah my account is clear of the note 7 but they said Samsung is supposed to be sending me a box!? I've never bought out spoken to anyone from Samsung so I found it strange.
    10-12-2016 03:33 PM
    I read an article that Samsung said they are disposing all of the note 7's that are returned. They are not refurbishing or reselling them. I'm sure Verizon already got their money so they probably don't care what you do with the phone. Verizon wants you to get a new phone so they can put you back on a payment plan.
    10-12-2016 03:35 PM
    Still waiting for my original 2 year contract price of $299.99+tax to be credited to my account. Ordered a replacement S7 yesterday and paid 2 year contract price $199.99+tax. Called Verizon today and was put on hold for about 20 minutes and then told a manager would call me back. They were supposed to call back 3 hours ago....I'm thinking they are going to hold out on the $299 refund until they get the N7 back. Anyone else with the same issues?
    haganjeff likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:39 PM
    Or its just one store with a manager who likes iPhones.

I don't blame them for asking you
    If you want the iPhone 7plus. I was about to order it yesterday but I do want the Pixel Xl instead of a galaxy s7 or s7 edge
    10-12-2016 04:08 PM
    I got a refund on my n7 today. Went to best buy, picked up an s7e, got a free TV, and avoided an upgrade fee.
    10-12-2016 04:21 PM
    why is Verizon pushing customers so hard to exchange Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus?

was at my Verizon corporate store again today... the same manager that I talked to previously asked me "so you're ready to turn in your Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus yet?" I hate iPhones, so I obviously declined. However, he told me that they have recommended that most of the walk-in customers to exchange their Note 7 for the iPhone 7Plus... and most have done so.

Is Apple taking advantage of Samsung by offering Verizon extra incentives to push iPhones to Note 7 customers? If so, is that even legal?
    What's wrong with that?
    10-12-2016 04:25 PM
    Still waiting for my original 2 year contract price of $299.99+tax to be credited to my account. Ordered a replacement S7 yesterday and paid 2 year contract price $199.99+tax. Called Verizon today and was put on hold for about 20 minutes and then told a manager would call me back. They were supposed to call back 3 hours ago....I'm thinking they are going to hold out on the $299 refund until they get the N7 back. Anyone else with the same issues?
    I had my s7e replacement arrive at Verizon over 2 weeks ago. They said my credit would go through that week. Didn't. Called and said they'd be doing it on the 10th after my billing cycle. Still no credit. I'm about to get upset
    10-12-2016 04:25 PM
    Business 101. Nothing illegal about them pushing one device over the other. I see the T-Mo store pushing one device over the other all the time when people are in the store. Its where they make commission.
    10-12-2016 04:49 PM
    Verizon wants you to handle your Note 7 return online. To start, go online and find the Verizon phone you want to replace your Note 7 with, sign in to your account and then select "upgrade" — you'll have the cost of your Note 7 placed toward the new device.
    If you have a more complex situation or run into issues online, you can visit your nearest Verizon store, or call 1-800-922-0204 to initiate your return.
    And if you want a refund flat out they'll do that happily
    10-12-2016 04:55 PM
    I would say that is correct. I call last night after looking at the forum and the agent told me I would get my money back until they receive the phone which I think is unfair because their only going to want to refund it as a bill credit which means I don't have to pay my bill for 2 months. Yay me...
    10-12-2016 06:31 PM
    Do the Upgrade under the 24 month payment plan. After the device is half paid off (12 months) you can upgrade again.
    10-12-2016 06:59 PM
    Do the Upgrade under the 24 month payment plan. After the device is half paid off (12 months) you can upgrade again.
    Are the Pixels Annual Upgrade Eligible? There is no mention of that on the VZW website. The S7 and S7 Edge phones were but they were taken off the list last month. The only phones I saw that were Annual Upgrade Eligible were the iPhone 7s and the Note 7 (which obviously no longer is). Needs to be AUE in order to get a free upgrade if you've paid off 50% of the cost.
    10-12-2016 07:03 PM
    They told me same thing. But, they also refunded $20 and taxes from when I bought the N7. So, yeah, get mad, but they're not going to pay your taxes. Verizon is gonna get theirs one way or another.
    Oh no they didn't refund everything. Then they have managed to botch my account and say it's past due. All cuz I went to best buy got the s7e and went to Verizon for the case. They have managed to screw up my account and claim it was past due all along. They made a $20 activation fee and a case that I charged to the account past due! They insist, while saying I couldn't charge it to the account if it was past due. DUH. Yet I charged it to the account. Smh I really think they have too many idiots that can't tie shoes. This is actually the first really bad thing since we been with Verizon.
    10-12-2016 07:12 PM
    This has been the occurrence from Verizon because they want you to be able to do your new phone online without hassle. They DO expect you to select a new phone and you will receive material to ship the phones back
    I am not selecting a phone but I will still be getting a box to ship back the second phone.
    10-12-2016 07:29 PM
    Yeah my account is clear of the note 7 but they said Samsung is supposed to be sending me a box!? I've never bought out spoken to anyone from Samsung so I found it strange.
    Did you have an original Note 7? If so, did you get a box to send the first one back?
    10-12-2016 07:30 PM
    I spoke to a rep today(we know what that means) and she said That any phone can be upgraded on the EDGE plan once you hit 50% payback.
    10-12-2016 07:51 PM
388 1234 ...