Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Verizon... At checkout when i picked my replacement there was a Notice before checkout. It stated If the device is not returned
you will be charged full Retail.
I don't ever deal with Verizon in store. It's interesting nothing like that has been published online.

metal4all6

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
How do I return my N7 if I'm going back to my old S5? I guess when they see I've switched phones (I haven't yet investigated how to do this), they'll send out the return box?

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why it isn't either. I didn't do it in store I did it online. The msg was in a big blue box at checkout.
That's usually the message they give you if you're trading a phone in, period. I wonder if it's truly note 7 specific or just a default upgrade trade in message? Interesting none the less, I would just hope if they were planning on charging full price they'd tell us.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Because isn't it illegal to sell a recalled product? How could they charge us now? After refunding any and all payments. Just interesting.

wheresmy600

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
When I was at the store on Tuesday Verizon was acting like they wanted nothing whatsoever to do with the phone. They were telling people Samsung would send the box. So now all of a sudden THEY want to be the company collecting the phones. I think they just want to make sure that people who have gotten a new phone don't get to keep the Note7 to play around with on wifi. Heaven forbid anybody get over on them, even though they claim they didn't want the "explosive devices" in their stock.

I wonder what would happen if people activate an old phone on their own without calling Verizon. It SHOULD trigger the mailing of a box. What if we don't return the phone in the box? They are going to bill our phone for the full amount? I would kind of like that in then maybe that would open the door for a lawsuit for them billing me for a phone I'm not using that's been recalled.

I have a feeling they MIGHT not push the issue. I also wonder how long they are giving us to do something with the phone. I also wonder how many people are still using the phones with no intention of turning it in until forced? Any of you out there doing that?

I'm still using mine. I keep getting miscellaneous credits every day and they are now up to $106.00 in credit balance, nothing owed. Not sure what they are for but I'm sure Big Red will come for me after this debacle is over.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Because isn't it illegal to sell a recalled product? How could they charge us now? After refunding any and all payments. Just interesting.

Not sure. Why does it matter? There is no point in keeping it. The phone is Dangerous and could potentially blow up in your face at any sec. Just send the phone back and call it a day.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
100.00 credit from Samsung

With all that has happened, we are getting an additional 75.00 should you upgrade into a different Samsung device. Got
25.00 on recall replacement now will eventually get an additional 75.00 going into a different Samsung.
Verizon is aware. They will be applying

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: 100.00 credit from Samsung

Has anyone had any experience with at&t and the $100? I posted a message on the at&t q&a this morning, but no one has answered me yet.

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

And yeah Jude, definitely going with the s7 edge. It's the best phone out right now imho. Same camera as the note 7, specs, just downgrading on the screen size and onboard memory basically. Oh and there's the s-pen we miss out on, but no other phone offers that. I considered going with the note 5, but I feel like that's such a downgrade. At&t has a steep price tag on the note 5 as well :(.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

And yeah Jude, definitely going with the s7 edge. It's the best phone out right now imho. Same camera as the note 7, specs, just downgrading on the screen size and onboard memory basically. Oh and there's the s-pen we miss out on, but no other phone offers that. I considered going with the note 5, but I feel like that's such a downgrade. At&t has a steep price tag on the note 5 as well :(.

Yeah I would like to know what's going to happen to those who exchanged their phones before this $100 credit for AT&T?

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone here talked to Verizon about a reimbursement for insurance they carried on the note 7? As of right now I'm keeping my note 7 so I'll be taking insurance off for obvious reasons but what about the months of the recall?

Bonjovigirl

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
When I was at the store on Tuesday Verizon was acting like they wanted nothing whatsoever to do with the phone. They were telling people Samsung would send the box. So now all of a sudden THEY want to be the company collecting the phones. I think they just want to make sure that people who have gotten a new phone don't get to keep the Note7 to play around with on wifi. Heaven forbid anybody get over on them, even though they claim they didn't want the "explosive devices" in their stock.

I wonder what would happen if people activate an old phone on their own without calling Verizon. It SHOULD trigger the mailing of a box. What if we don't return the phone in the box? They are going to bill our phone for the full amount? I would kind of like that in then maybe that would open the door for a lawsuit for them billing me for a phone I'm not using that's been recalled.

I have a feeling they MIGHT not push the issue. I also wonder how long they are giving us to do something with the phone. I also wonder how many people are still using the phones with no intention of turning it in until forced? Any of you out there doing that?

I'm still using mine. I keep getting miscellaneous credits every day and they are now up to $106.00 in credit balance, nothing owed. Not sure what they are for but I'm sure Big Red will come for me after this debacle is over.

I reactivated my note 4 on my own Tuesday night and nothing has been noted to send the note back. I went to try to order a s7e with the note 7 as trade in and it didn't work. I guess I'll wait a little longer to see if there are any better deals. My note 4 gets hot and runs out of battery after 4 hours of hardly any use and has suck lag. My note 7 was perfect. :/

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

With all that has happened, we are getting an additional 75.00 should you upgrade into a different Samsung device. Got
25.00 on recall replacement now will eventually get an additional 75.00 going into a different Samsung.
Verizon is aware. They will be applying
I've already returned my note 7.If I go to a vzw corporate store can I buy a s7 edge and get $100 of retail price or pay full price and hope for "credit" to my account later?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Note 5 is a good phone.
Keep it till something else comes out if you need a phone.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Is 100$ worth it to you all to stay with Samsung. (Really just an extra 75$). I guess I was kinda like, huh. Big deal. All the time I wasted with this dumb thing. I am going to try out the V20 I think. Then maybe, big maybe, jump to the S8 whenever that comes out. Thankful for JOD with T mobile.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone here talked to Verizon about a reimbursement for insurance they carried on the note 7? As of right now I'm keeping my note 7 so I'll be taking insurance off for obvious reasons but what about the months of the recall?
Don't expect a refund for those months. You were insured and if something happened to your phone during that time they would have paid out. No different then your car, you sell the car you don't get refund for the insurance you had before selling it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad