02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Don't expect a refund for those months. You were insured and if something happened to your phone during that time they would have paid out. No different then your car, you sell the car you don't get refund for the insurance you had before selling it.
    Yes but the phone also had a recall and now a 2nd one. It's the least they could do, people were bringing in broken note 7's on the original recall and getting a brand new replacement. I'm sure, not all those people carried insurance.
    10-13-2016 03:39 PM
    Yes but the phone also had a recall and now a 2nd one. It's the least they could do, people were bringing in broken note 7's on the original recall and getting a brand new replacement. I'm sure, not all those people carried insurance.
    That has true, but that is after the fact. If we all knew when we needed the insurance then we would only add it when we needed it.
    10-13-2016 03:42 PM
    That has true, but that is after the fact. If we all knew when we needed the insurance then we would only add it when we needed it.
    I'll still try and let you guys know.
    10-13-2016 03:43 PM
    Still getting you get the 100 credit when you return the note 7 from verizon chat. ( its a credit after the fact)
    They say that i can pickup from the store and drop it off. However i have had a bad experience with my local corporate store refusing to deal with this issue.
    10-13-2016 03:45 PM
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/samsung-tv-and-gear-vr-offer/pcmcat748302047040.c?id=pcmcat748302047040

Looks like Best Buy is offering a free 32" TV with the purchase of an S7 or S7e. I purchased my note 7 from Verizon so do you think I can buy the S7e at Best Buy to get the free TV and the $100 credit? Has anyone tried this yet?
    I bought an Edge outright and got the t.v. Went to Verizon today to return the Note 7 and got a run around that I need to deal with Samsung directly. They wouldn't touch it. So I've been on hold with Samsung "exchanges" for 33 minutes so far. I'm not at all optimistic.

And I'm pissed because I paid for the Note 7 outright. I want my darn refund and I want my $100 credit.
    10-13-2016 04:21 PM
    My big question is what happens if I want to upgrade to the Note 8 or whatever next year; am I gonna have to pay off the phone I didn't want in the first place?
    Hey
    I don't want to wait a year for a new phone.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:24 PM
    Does anybody know how long the reset upgrade on our Verizon accounts will be valid? ... Is anybody rushing to upgrade, thinking that it might disappear at some point?
    10-13-2016 05:03 PM
    Does anybody know how long the reset upgrade on our Verizon accounts will be valid? ... Is anybody rushing to upgrade, thinking that it might disappear at some point?
    Don't quote me.
    But I think they will give you till the end of the year to take your phone back
    I'd go to a Verizon store in person and talk with them.
    When I returned my At&t phone, it showed I had returned the phone.
    And the Best Buy person called At&t and made sure I was eligible for a upgrade from that point.
    10-13-2016 05:17 PM
    It should be until you purchase a new phone through Verizon or partners. If you want to wait for a new phone like the S8 or note 8, you would have to buy a phone 3rd party. Find a cheap phone to buy so you can save your upgrade.
    10-13-2016 05:18 PM
    I bought an Edge outright and got the t.v. Went to Verizon today to return the Note 7 and got a run around that I need to deal with Samsung directly. They wouldn't touch it. So I've been on hold with Samsung "exchanges" for 33 minutes so far. I'm not at all optimistic.

And I'm pissed because I paid for the Note 7 outright. I want my darn refund and I want my $100 credit.
    That's not right. I'd call Verizon or get in their chat online with a rep. I believe the phone gets shipped back to Samsung but Verizon is Who owes you, you played them. Me I pre orders the Pixel xl and chated with a rep online about my credit. He put it through right then in there and I still have the phone.
    French likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:41 PM
    I paid for the Note 7 in full and the VZW won't handle the return and they won't redund my card until they receive the phone back. I tried to give you the phone back. You won't take it. You're killing me, Smalls....
    French likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:49 PM
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/samsung-tv-and-gear-vr-offer/pcmcat748302047040.c?id=pcmcat748302047040

Looks like Best Buy is offering a free 32" TV with the purchase of an S7 or S7e. I purchased my note 7 from Verizon so do you think I can buy the S7e at Best Buy to get the free TV and the $100 credit? Has anyone tried this yet?
    I did this very thing and got both. 2 year price at best buy which is what I paid at Verizon.
    10-13-2016 05:52 PM
    10-13-2016 06:43 PM
    I did this very thing and got both. 2 year price at best buy which is what I paid at Verizon.
    And you've already got the $100 account credit?
    10-13-2016 06:44 PM
    And you've already got the $100 account credit?
    They said they'd try and get it for this billing cycle, but yes. I'm sure it won't be applied until next month. Heck I'm still waiting on my return for sending the s7e back during the first recall
    10-13-2016 06:46 PM
    Just got off the phone with a Verizon representative. Since I was planning on purchasing two S7 Edges to replace our two Note 7's at either Costco (free $175 gift card with purchase) or Best Buy (Free TV with each purchase), I wanted to know how to return our Note 7's since I wasn't doing an upgrade via the Verizon website.

I was told to just keep the Note 7's. They didn't want them back. I was shocked. He said since I've been credited the monthly installment payments and my upgrade eligibility date as been reset, I can go ahead and buy what ever I want. Or not. he also said the $25 credit should show up in the next billing cycle as well as the taxes I paid on the phones.

I really don't want to get into a payment plan or pay full retail on a phone I really don't want. Actually two phones. But I also don't want to be carrying a possible self igniting road side flare in my pocket.
    10-13-2016 08:09 PM
    Just got off the phone with a Verizon representative. Since I was planning on purchasing two S7 Edges to replace our two Note 7's at either Costco (free $175 gift card with purchase) or Best Buy (Free TV with each purchase), I wanted to know how to return our Note 7's since I wasn't doing an upgrade via the Verizon website.

I was told to just keep the Note 7's. They didn't want them back. I was shocked. He said since I've been credited the monthly installment payments and my upgrade eligibility date as been reset, I can go ahead and buy what ever I want. Or not. he also said the $25 credit should show up in the next billing cycle as well as the taxes I paid on the phones.

I really don't want to get into a payment plan or pay full retail on a phone I really don't want. Actually two phones. But I also don't want to be carrying a possible self igniting road side flare in my pocket.
    That should be $100 credit for each phone if your getting two S7edges
    10-13-2016 08:28 PM
    Can someone take a picture of the address label when they get the fire proof box to return their note 7? I'm curious to know if it's going to a Verizon warehouse or a Samsung one.
    10-13-2016 09:06 PM
    I wasn't charged the activation fee. . Be nice to the reps... Don't add to their stress. I sold wireless in the early 2000. I wouldn't want their job right now... They are very stressed. A little kindness goes along ways people.
    This isn't their fault.
    10-13-2016 09:26 PM
    Still getting you get the 100 credit when you return the note 7 from verizon chat. ( its a credit after the fact)
    They say that i can pickup from the store and drop it off. However i have had a bad experience with my local corporate store refusing to deal with this issue.
    Mine was great. I was there on Monday before the official formal announcement. Verizon wants online now for some reason
    10-13-2016 09:28 PM
    I have a question maybe some of you know the answer to that have talked to Verizon. I have an S7 Edge already I ordered it and got it brand new soon as it came out. I missed having a note so when the supposedly repaired N7 came out I took a leap of faith and got one. I ordered it on 9/30/16 and it arrived last Friday on 10/7/16. That was a day after the news came out about the one on the plane catching fire. Being afraid to use it I never activated it and am still using my S7E. I tried to take it to our local store and was told they cant take it because they're not a corporate store. I'm taking it tomorrow but have decided since I already have the most advanced Samsung device I'm not going to upgrade yet. I'll just be returning the unactivated unused N7. Will I still be eligible for the credit since I won't be switching to a new device but already have a Samsung device? I think it's only fair I should since I pre-ordered the S7E and never even got to use the N7. And I took a leap of faith with Samsung despite all their earlier troubles. But I may have to just get a brand new S7E to do the credit. What's your alls opinions? I do have Verizon who's usually a bunch of ****** bags when it comes to things like this anyway.
    10-13-2016 09:29 PM
    I have a question maybe some of you know the answer to that have talked to Verizon. I have an S7 Edge already I ordered it and got it brand new soon as it came out. I missed having a note so when the supposedly repaired N7 came out I took a leap of faith and got one. I ordered it on 9/30/16 and it arrived last Friday on 10/7/16. That was a day after the news came out about the one on the plane catching fire. Being afraid to use it I never activated it and am still using my S7E. I tried to take it to our local store and was told they cant take it because they're not a corporate store. I'm taking it tomorrow but have decided since I already have the most advanced Samsung device I'm not going to upgrade yet. I'll just be returning the unactivated unused N7. Will I still be eligible for the credit since I won't be switching to a new device but already have a Samsung device? I think it's only fair I should since I pre-ordered the S7E and never even got to use the N7. And I took a leap of faith with Samsung despite all their earlier troubles. But I may have to just get a brand new S7E to do the credit. What's your alls opinions? I do have Verizon who's usually a bunch of ****** bags when it comes to things like this anyway.
    To be honest, I don't think your eligible for any credit except maybe the $25 credit if that. The phone was never on your account so I'm not even sure how/if Verizon/Samsung considers that an inconvenience. And pre-ordering the S7edge back in February has nothing to do with nothing.
    Just my opinion.....
    10-14-2016 05:42 AM
    Sigh, I ordered my S7E from Best Buy today. My local store don't have silver in stock and I'm not driving around Long Island looking for one. I'll pick the free tv up tomorrow, get my case and phone delivered Tuesday and then say goodbye to my precious N7. My phone bill next month should be virtually no existent between the 100 dollar credit, refunded N7 taxes, and waved upgrade fee. Still, a sad day to be sure.
    10-14-2016 07:27 AM
    You should be due any monies you have spent on the note 7 and maybe the $ 20 inconvenience credit. However not the $100 loyalty credit, you are not buying a new samsung phone to replace the note 7
    10-14-2016 08:52 AM
    So, the stores won't take Note 7's anymore. So they said I'll get a box when I buy a new phone. I bought a refurbished S7 edge to use until the S8 edge comes out. I'll buy that on the annual upgrade plan since my upgrade has finally been reset after calling them. Do you think they'll eventually just send me a box since I'll be changing the active device?

Interesting tidbit: the Verizon rep tried to sell me on the Pixel. Said he thinks it's gonna be the phone of the year, knew about past Nexus devices and how you're supposed to get the quickest updates. They're really pushing that phone which is surprising to me.
    10-14-2016 09:59 AM
388 ... 34567 ...