02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Well I just received a "SECOND NOTICE" from Verizon to return my phone

Not sure I understand the Deadline for the bennies offered

• Place your order by this Sunday, October 16, and receive free expedited shipping
    • Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or
    receive a $25 bill credit if upgrading to a non-Samsung device (please allow 1-2 bill
    cycles for credit to appear)
    umadmate likes this.
    10-14-2016 10:24 AM

• Place your order by this Sunday, October 16, and receive free expedited shipping
    • Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or
    receive a $25 bill credit if upgrading to a non-Samsung device (please allow 1-2 bill
    The notice makes no sense. It's a voluntary recall. Make it mandatory. And let me return my phone in store. I'm not mailing you a $921 phone (after tax) and hoping you receive it and credit back my credit card.
    10-14-2016 10:30 AM
    The notice makes no sense. It's a voluntary recall. Make it mandatory. And let me return my phone in store. I'm not mailing you a $921 phone (after tax) and hoping you receive it and credit back my credit card.
    Check out the SUBJECT of the email ; "Second notice: please return your Galaxy Note7 now"
    10-14-2016 10:57 AM
    Verizon credited me back the 2 monthly payments of $36 each I had paid on the phone and the phone is listed as paid off. I still currently have the phone... A couple days ago, I turned off the note 7 and just reactivated my old phone online instead of upgrading to a new one. I figured I would wait until the LG V20 is available and use my upgrade then, because it has a Micro SD card slot and I got the free promo 256gb card for my note 7 I can still use in it. So I will wait and use my upgrade then. Currently it says I'm eligible for an upgrade and I'm no longer under the 2 year contract I agreed to when I got the Note...
    10-14-2016 10:59 AM
    Check out the SUBJECT of the email ; "Second notice: please return your Galaxy Note7 now"
    Please. Not "You Must." And Verizon will not take the phone. I don't want to exchange for a phone offered through Verizon. I'll use an old Note 4 until I can get a used S7 edge for under $500 to tide me over. Take the phone. Give me my money.
    10-14-2016 11:01 AM
    I am wondering , do I have to get my Samsung replacement from Verizon or can I buy one else where to get the $100 ( $75 )
    10-14-2016 11:02 AM

I got the same msg even though I already picked my upgrade. I'm guessing since my upgrade and return box isn't here yet they think I'm keeping the phone. I'm not to worried about the credit, they already gave it to me.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    10-14-2016 11:02 AM
    Please. Not "You Must." And Verizon will not take the phone. I don't want to exchange for a phone offered through Verizon. I'll use an old Note 4 until I can get a used S7 edge for under $500 to tide me over. Take the phone. Give me my money.
    I got rid of my Note 4 and just bought a NEW Note 5 from a Cell dealer on Amazon
    I now see the price of the Note 5's have jumped $75 to $100 higher since I bought mine.
    weave majjik likes this.
    10-14-2016 11:03 AM
    So... I have a Note 5 which is my pre-Note7 phone. If I switch back to that since it is a Samsung device am I entitled to the $100 or just the $25 this is a grey area. Also Verizon is not making this easy as I have a payment due for this month I cannot make the appropriate changes to "Upgrade" on their site. Any suggestions?
    10-14-2016 11:38 AM
    So... I have a Note 5 which is my pre-Note7 phone. If I switc3132150477h back to that since it is a Samsung device am I entitled to the $100 or just the $25 this is a grey area. Also Verizon is not making this easy as I have a payment due for this month I cannot make the appropriate changes to "Upgrade" on their site. Any suggestions?
    The 100$ is only if you trade in for the s7 or s7e. You should still get the 25$ credit. When it comes to the upgrade I had the same issue but still did the upgrade, after I did it I got lucky so you might want to try it. I pre ordered the Pixel xl which dosent charge you till it ships. The next day I went back to the website and talk to a rep in chat. All I said is, When will I get my credit? I see a lot of people already got theirs. He put the credit through right then and their. My bill for this month ended up being -11$
    10-14-2016 11:51 AM
    The 100$ is only if you trade in for the s7 or s7e. You should still get the 25$ credit.
    This is the part I don't understand!

In the notice sent to me only says another Samsung :

Important information regarding your Samsung Galaxy Note7
    As announced on October 10, 2016, Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are investigating reported cases involving the replacement Galaxy Note7
    device. As these devices may overheat and pose a safety risk, Samsung and Verizon are
    recommending that the safest course of action for customers with any version of the Galaxy
    Note7 is to power down their device and replace it with another device of their choice.
    We want to make this as easy as possible for you! The most efficient way for you to replace
    your device is online.
    Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or

• For detailed instructions and FAQs, please visit: go.vzw.com/note7faq
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    10-14-2016 11:57 AM

As announced on October 10, 2016, Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are investigating reported cases involving the replacement Galaxy Note7
    device. As these devices may overheat and pose a safety risk, Samsung and Verizon are
    recommending that the safest course of action for customers with any version of the Galaxy
    Note7 is to power down their device and replace it with another device of their choice.
    We want to make this as easy as possible for you! The most efficient way for you to replace
    your device is online.
    Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or

No Samsung device, or any device for that matter.... Is an upgrade.... So I'm with you Miz.
    10-14-2016 11:59 AM

your device is online.

Not sure. That's what the news is saying online s7 or s7e. Either way he said he just activated his old phone. Using an old phone isn't using his upgrade or downgrade in this case.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-14-2016 12:02 PM
    Yeah that's what they told me on chat also. Bummer, my wife is going to the dark side and I wanted to keep her note.
    I had three different reps tell me the exact opposite- that they are marked as paid in full and if I kept it, it was at my risk, but they would not be charging.
    10-14-2016 12:48 PM
    I had three different reps tell me the exact opposite- that they are marked as paid in full and if I kept it, it was at my risk, but tgey would not be charging.
    Pretty much what I was told.
    10-14-2016 12:51 PM
    I don't really want to turn in my Note 7 but I also don't want to pay for a phone that won't be supported. Downgraded to the S7Edge but I guess I did so before they decided on the whole overnight shipping so I won't be getting mine until Monday. I might have kept mine but I got my son one also and I don't want to take risks with his safety.
    10-14-2016 12:56 PM
    I had three different reps tell me the exact opposite- that they are marked as paid in full and if I kept it, it was at my risk, but they would not be charging.
    Well that's good to know, thanks. I will probably just keep it and if I get charged return it at that time. I'll honestly just keep them until a new note is released.
    10-14-2016 01:11 PM
    Well that's good to know, thanks. I will probably just keep it and if I get charged return it at that time. I'll honestly just keep them until a new note is released.
    Keeping it isn't worth the risk. If you don't want to use your upgrade just get a cheap used phone till the next Note is released. Also if anything happens you're the one responsible not Samsung.
    10-14-2016 01:20 PM
    Can I ask an Off Topic question ?

Please remove if not allowed

Anyone know if the Note 4 and Not 5 are the same exact sizes
    I have a few cases from my former Note 4 , hoping I could use if they are the same etc Anyone here know ?
    10-14-2016 01:22 PM
    Keeping it isn't worth the risk. If you don't want to use your upgrade just get a cheap used phone till the next Note is released. Also if anything happens you're the one responsible not Samsung.
    I'm really not that worried about it. I always have my phone on me and it's never out of my sight. I don't travel on planes, or hardly ever. It sits on a glass table at night. I know the risk and if I see smoke or notice heat I will turn into an NFL quarterback real quick. The newer f150's are being investigated due to faulty brakes but yet people are out driving those things everyday.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-14-2016 01:31 PM
    Has anyone returned their note 7 by mail yet? Do we get to keep the charger and earbuds?
    10-14-2016 01:40 PM
    Just FYI I got my insurance credited back to me on both lines and removed them till we "upgrade".
    10-14-2016 01:45 PM
    Has anyone returned their note 7 by mail yet? Do we get to keep the charger and earbuds?
    I think samsung will be fine with just receiving the phones back...
    10-14-2016 01:50 PM
    I'm really not that worried about it. I always have my phone on me and it's never out of my sight. I don't travel on planes, or hardly ever. It sits on a glass table at night. I know the risk and if I see smoke or notice heat I will turn into an NFL quarterback real quick. The newer f150's are being investigated due to faulty brakes but yet people are out driving those things everyday.
    Still why risk it? The phone won't get any updates or support.
    10-14-2016 01:59 PM
    I think samsung will be fine with just receiving the phones back...
    Not yet. I was wandering the same thing. From what I've seen of the box, it looks like it's only has room for the hardware.
    10-14-2016 02:01 PM
388 ... 45678 ...