02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Really bc it's my choice to make. I understand there will be no updates, that's fine I can live with marshmallow till a new note is released. No support, I honestly don't think I've ever called for support on a phone unless I was trying to get an insurance claim through Verizon. "Try this, try this. No? Please do a factory reset. Fix it? We will mail you a new phone." Not much support you get anyways.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-14-2016 02:08 PM
    Can I ask an Off Topic question ?

Please remove if not allowed

Anyone know if the Note 4 and Not 5 are the same exact sizes
    I have a few cases from my former Note 4 , hoping I could use if they are the same etc Anyone here know ?
    Their different. The case for the 4 won't work with the 5.
    10-14-2016 02:09 PM
    It shouldn't be this much of a pain to return my phone. Unless you exchange for another phone, verizon wants nothing to do with you. So im trying to figure out how to get a refund and return this thing. Im sure contacting Samsung would be of more use.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    10-14-2016 02:13 PM
    It shouldn't be this much of a pain to return my phone. Unless you exchange for another phone, verizon wants nothing to do with you. So im trying to figure out how to get a refund and return this thing. Im sure contacting Samsung would be of more use.
    It's strange that Verizon would refund some people but not others. I got a full refund on payments I made before the announcement about the 2nd edition Notes, and I still have the phone. I just reactivated my old phone, so I'm wondering if they will even send me the return box? It says the return kit will be sent out after you upgrade... There is no trace that I even owned a Note 7 on the myverizon website...
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-14-2016 02:19 PM
    I was told by several chat rep's to return JUST THE PHONE. Keep the charger and other crap.
    Wouldnt it be a good idea to inspect the charger to see if those were defective?

Anyway what is the forums thoughts on keeping the S PEN. Maybe someone would enable this on the S7 or S7 edge via software?
    10-14-2016 02:23 PM
    I'm really not that worried about it. I always have my phone on me and it's never out of my sight. I don't travel on planes, or hardly ever. It sits on a glass table at night. I know the risk and if I see smoke or notice heat I will turn into an NFL quarterback real quick. The newer f150's are being investigated due to faulty brakes but yet people are out driving those things everyday.
    Right there with you brother, i am keeping mine as long as i can.
    10-14-2016 02:28 PM
    So if I go online and order my S7 E from Verizon to replace my Note 7 and it arrives at my door. If I take the unopened box with the new phone to any Verizon store will they transfer all my data off my Note 7 to my S7E like they just did from my older Note phone to the Note 7 a few weeks ago. Would it just be easier to just go to a Verizon store and say I want purchase a S7 E and go from there.
    10-14-2016 02:44 PM
    Preordered pixel xl at vzw store, guy told me to keep note 7 until pixel arrives than return 7 to store.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    10-14-2016 03:24 PM
    So if I go online and order my S7 E from Verizon to replace my Note 7 and it arrives at my door. If I take the unopened box with the new phone to any Verizon store will they transfer all my data off my Note 7 to my S7E like they just did from my older Note phone to the Note 7 a few weeks ago. Would it just be easier to just go to a Verizon store and say I want purchase a S7 E and go from there.
    The S7E is popular now because of the recall. They haven't been available at my local store all week. It was easier for me just to order online. I'm planning on doing my Data transfer at home... too long to wait at the store.
    10-14-2016 04:00 PM
    Starting tomorrow the FFA is banning all Note 7's from flights. If your caught your phone will be confiscated and you could be fined.
    10-14-2016 04:34 PM
    Starting tomorrow the FFA is banning all Note 7's from flights. If your caught your phone will be confiscated and you could be fined.
    This hastened my ordering an S7E. I didn't have another flight scheduled for a few more weeks, so I was waiting to decide what to get (kinda hoping for a Blue Coal S7E), but got a new nephew yesterday, so now I fly in a few days. Phone gets here before then.
    10-14-2016 04:41 PM
    The FFA? Future Famers of America is banning the Note 7? Are they thinking it'll catch some cows on fire?
    10-14-2016 05:30 PM
    Anyone else wanting to get a Lg v20 now?How come Verizon doesn't even show it on there website?AT@T has it for preorder and it ships before the october 28th date i read was when it would be officially available.Verizon knows that it would be the replacement some people want for there note 7's.
    10-14-2016 05:34 PM
    The FFA? Future Famers of America is banning the Note 7? Are they thinking it'll catch some cows on fire?
    Lol my bad, meant the FAA.
    10-14-2016 05:37 PM
    Lol my bad, meant the FAA.
    Good thing I don't have to get on plane any time soon my new phone won't be here till the 20th.
    10-14-2016 05:57 PM
    Anyone else wanting to get a Lg v20 now?How come Verizon doesn't even show it on there website?AT@T has it for preorder and it ships before the october 28th date i read was when it would be officially available.Verizon knows that it would be the replacement some people want for there note 7's.
    They seem to be pushing the Pixel and iPhone. Personally I've had nothing but issues with LG phones so I went with the Pixel xl. It's the next best thing and personally I don't thing the lack of Expandable memory and water prof is much of an issue. I don't plan on swimming with my phone and 128 gigs is more then enough. My note 3 was 32 gig and it was never filled up.
    10-14-2016 06:04 PM
    It should be until you purchase a new phone through Verizon or partners. If you want to wait for a new phone like the S8 or note 8, you would have to buy a phone 3rd party. Find a cheap phone to buy so you can save your upgrade.
    I would not be surprised to see a deadline set pretty soon. Samsung wants to close the book on the Note 7. They will not want to be paying to replace phones in 12 months. I am sure the carriers also want to get this over with and move on.
    10-14-2016 06:07 PM
    I was told by several chat rep's to return JUST THE PHONE. Keep the charger and other crap.
    Wouldnt it be a good idea to inspect the charger to see if those were defective?

Anyway what is the forums thoughts on keeping the S PEN. Maybe someone would enable this on the S7 or S7 edge via software?
    They're not inspecting these things. They're just disposing of them. Also, these are the same chargers they're using with all their other phones so if some are defective, they would need to check the ones that were used with the exploding phones.

You can keep the spen for a souvenir, but it won't be enabled in a software update. It's not possible. The reason they work so well is because they're built into the Note hardware, special digitizer I think.
    Their different. The case for the 4 won't work with the 5.
    This. In general, you usually can't use one phone case with another phone.
    Talked with a Verizon rep when getting my upgrade back, said he knew they were getting it but they haven't gotten any training on it yet. Said same thing happened last year with v10 but they still got it same day as everyone else. Guess we'll see.

Also look what Samsung sent me today. They really covering themselves. Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0-screenshot_20161014-174539.png
    10-14-2016 06:16 PM
    Barns can be highly flammable places. You can never be too careful.
    10-14-2016 06:21 PM
    I got my replacment S7edge, but no "box" as promised to return the NOTE 7 in.
    I asked Verizon Chat saying Samsung would be sending a box to me, and it only initiated if I ordered a new phone.

My question is , if the 100 dollars is tied to the RETURN of my samsung note 7, and so is the refund of the prior taxes i paid twice, How is verizon going to know i returned them to Samsung?

Store doesnt want the phone's.

Seems likes this is changing every 5 minutes. Im at the point to ask AMEX to help. This is beyond what a normal consumer would be expected to do. The CPSC did ZERO, as expected and apparently Verizon isnt afraid of them. I should be able to get a refund and not have to make 20 different calls and chats to figure out what to do.
    weave majjik likes this.
    10-14-2016 08:10 PM
    I got my replacment S7edge, but no "box" as promised to return the NOTE 7 in.
    I asked Verizon Chat saying Samsung would be sending a box to me, and it only initiated if I ordered a new phone.

My question is , if the 100 dollars is tied to the RETURN of my samsung note 7, and so is the refund of the prior taxes i paid twice, How is verizon going to know i returned them to Samsung?

Store doesnt want the phone's.

Seems likes this is changing every 5 minutes. Im at the point to ask AMEX to help. This is beyond what a normal consumer would be expected to do. The CPSC did ZERO, as expected and apparently Verizon isnt afraid of them. I should be able to get a refund and not have to make 20 different calls and chats to figure out what to do.
    I've also debated a chargeback. I'm giving them one last chance to return the phone Sunday when I can get in to a store and then am contacting American Express as well
    10-14-2016 08:51 PM
    The store turned me away for the first and second note 7, they say call Customer service. They also say they have no way of giving a "receipt" even if they wanted to for the return.
    10-14-2016 08:58 PM
    When I called Verizon earlier today they said there is a separate set of operators handling the Note 7 calls. Here's the number 888-987-4357, hope it helps.
    10-14-2016 09:15 PM
    They made it seem like it would take a while for me to get the box so 160 is just tied up with them until then I guess. I think they should just go ahead and refund our taxes.
    10-14-2016 10:15 PM
    so you cant take them on a plane even with power off. But its ok for me to store them until they get their act together.
    10-14-2016 10:49 PM
388 ... 56789 ...