02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Does anyone know if the free VR device promotion applies when exchanging the note7 through the recall? Technically, as the first step in this ridiculous process, Verizon forced me to buy the replacement S7edge at full retail pricing on a credit card (why not on my Bill?) Allegedly I will receive a credit but no details were given as to when or how. I would hope, then, that Verizon/Samsung would honor all available promotions.
    10-15-2016 12:24 AM
    Well this morning I am headed to the Verizon store. Spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to get a replacement phone ordered for my N7. This includes numerous aborted attempts to order the S7E on line with many calls to Verizon along the way. The issue is that I need phone shipped to a different address than my billing address (1200 miles away). There will be no one at billing address to receive phone and sign for it, and I am still 1200 miles away. Finally spent almost an hour on the phone with a Verizon telephone sales supervisor and we both thought it was solved, her screen said it was solved, but when I got my confirmation email overnight, the damn order was being shipped to my billing address. Headed to store to see if it can just be changed to a store delivery. This is getting very old.
    10-15-2016 09:37 AM
    So I'm new here but frustrated like the rest of you lol! I bought my N7 outright from verizon & want to replace it with a S7E, but when I try and "upgrade" it online per their intstructions it requires me to pay full price for the S7E. Is that correct? I have to pay full price again and wait for a refund for the N7?? Tried their chat too & that seems to be how it has to happen. If so, that is ridiculous.
    10-15-2016 10:28 AM
    So I'm new here but frustrated like the rest of you lol! I bought my N7 outright from verizon & want to replace it with a S7E, but when I try and "upgrade" it online per their intstructions it requires me to pay full price for the S7E. Is that correct? I have to pay full price again and wait for a refund for the N7?? Tried their chat too & that seems to be how it has to happen. If so, that is ridiculous.
    I've seen a few threads that said they are taking refunds in store now, but not exchanges. So take it to the store and refund it. Then just order what you want online. I'll be attempting a refund tomorrow and reactivation the note 4 for a few months to see what's coming down the pike.
    10-15-2016 10:44 AM
    Want my $100 from Samsung though lol. I just can't imagine that I'd be required to pay full price up front for the S7E. Anyone else here pay for their N7 outright & trying to exchange it now? Wondering if anyone has to do the same thing.
    10-15-2016 11:00 AM
    Would be able to keep the S-Pen when I return the phone? It would be nice to keep a souviner of this phone. It doesn't seem like they would need the pen for anything.
    10-15-2016 02:14 PM
    Would be able to keep the S-Pen when I return the phone? It would be nice to keep a souviner of this phone. It doesn't seem like they would need the pen for anything.
    I don't see why not. They are not asking for the charger and accessories back, they just want the phones back so they can dispose of them all. I still have an extra pen from my first recalled Note. They didn't try and hunt me down for it yet lol
    10-15-2016 02:36 PM
    Well this morning I am headed to the Verizon store. Spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to get a replacement phone ordered for my N7. This includes numerous aborted attempts to order the S7E on line with many calls to Verizon along the way. The issue is that I need phone shipped to a different address than my billing address (1200 miles away). There will be no one at billing address to receive phone and sign for it, and I am still 1200 miles away. Finally spent almost an hour on the phone with a Verizon telephone sales supervisor and we both thought it was solved, her screen said it was solved, but when I got my confirmation email overnight, the damn order was being shipped to my billing address. Headed to store to see if it can just be changed to a store delivery. This is getting very old.
    Update: Well, good news. This morning I was standing at the closest Verizon store's door when they opened. A great agent there solved all my known issues. Managed to cancel the orders placed with the replacement phone being sent to the wrong address. Started a new order for my replacement to be sent to my winter home 1200 miles from my billing address. My phone will be shipped from Verizon on 10/18 with 2 day delivery. No charges yet except for 2 accesories and $20 upgrade fee. Told I will be getting the N7 upgrade fee back when I get a credit on my bill for taxes paid, and other charges. Before I even left the store I got emails from Verizon cancelling other orders, and confirming my new order with correct shipping address. The 2 accessories will come witih my phone delivery. He said to come back and he would be happy to transfer everything from my N7 phone to my new phone.
    10-15-2016 04:23 PM
    I went to 3 best buys and they all ran out of s7 edge. Also they said the promotion for the free TV ends today. So I went to 2 Verizon corporate store only to find out they ran out of stock for the s7 edge.

I hope Verizon extends the free TV promotions.
    10-15-2016 04:26 PM
    I tried to take the note 7 into a Verizon store to see if i could get it over with but was tokd to do it online. I finally decided to go with the s7e but the silver one was out of stock so it won't get here till the 20th. Hope it comes earlier. Sheesh.
    10-15-2016 05:24 PM
    I'm still waiting for my $933 refund from Verizon for my 1st recalled device I shipped back in September. I'm not shipping back my 2nd recalled device until I get my 1st refund. I am not paying for a 3rd device in full on my credit card without my freakin refunds first.
    weave majjik likes this.
    10-15-2016 05:30 PM
    Well I just received a "SECOND NOTICE" from Verizon to return my phone

Not sure I understand the Deadline for the bennies offered

• Place your order by this Sunday, October 16, and receive free expedited shipping
    • Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or
    receive a $25 bill credit if upgrading to a non-Samsung device (please allow 1-2 bill
    cycles for credit to appear)
    I got that too. Funny thing is I placed my order on October 11.
    10-15-2016 06:56 PM
    The wife and I waited til the weekend to head over to the VZW store to get a couple S7 Edge replacement phones. We walk in and the girl that greeted us asked how she could help. We told her we had Note 7's and were there to get new phones.

She immediately said "Didn't you get the text? You can only get a replacement phone online." I said "Yes I got the text, and the text said the "most efficient way" to get your new phone was to do it online, not "the only" way." Her response was "Yeah, it's the only way." I told her that was bull**** (in nicer terms) and that I bet she had a whole cabinet full of S7 Edge's in the back and had I been a new customer wanting to buy an S7 Edge she would have sold us them no problem.

Anyway she wouldn't budge so we went back out to the car and called another local VZW store. I asked if they had any S7 Edge's in stock. They did. I asked if we could come in and get a couple for Note 7 replacements. They said we can, but they can't hold any phones for us. I said fair enough, and we'll be over soon. We got the store, and we were in and out with our 2 new S7 Edge's in about 10 minutes. I knew that first girl was full of **** and there was no policy prohibiting us from getting out phones in store. I felt like going back to the original store with our new S7 Edge's and rubbing it in her face, but then I realized I was a man in my 30s and no longer a 12 year old. She really irked me, though.

So we spent the afternoon setting up our 3rd new phones in 2 months. So far the Edge's seem ok, I'm just still bummed they're not Note's. It's also hard as hell to hold as they are super slick and if you want to pick it up without pressing a physical button or something on the touch screen, you have to take special care. Our cases from Amazon should arrive tomorrow so that problem will be remedied quickly. BTW Amazon refunded our original Note 7 cases no questions asked. They didn't even ask they be sent back.
    10-15-2016 07:14 PM
    Preordered pixel xl at vzw store, guy told me to keep note 7 until pixel arrives than return 7 to store.
    I was told to do the same thing.
    10-15-2016 08:06 PM
    BTW Amazon refunded our original Note 7 cases no questions asked. They didn't even ask they be sent back.

How did you do that with Amazon call them?
    10-15-2016 08:14 PM
    How did you manage that with Amazon? I'm paying return shipping for my Replacement Spen and they won't take back the case I bought in August.
    10-15-2016 08:17 PM
    MoonShade, open a chat with Amazon via their customer service link, they will email you return labels for free shipping.
    10-15-2016 08:57 PM
    While exchanging Note 7 for S7 edge on Verizon website as instructed by Verizon faq, I'm charged full price of S7 edge, which I refuse to pay. Here's the online chat with Verizon. I guess their website isn't really updated and ready for the exchange.

Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0-verizonchat.jpg
    10-15-2016 09:13 PM
    MoonShade, open a chat with Amazon via their customer service link, they will email you return labels for free shipping.
    I tried a chat and it was no help he just referred me to the returns page which has shipping to pay.
    10-15-2016 09:31 PM
    I had this same problem ordering the note 7. Now I am worried about having to ship the s7 edge again,all that distance.
    10-16-2016 04:38 AM
    While exchanging Note 7 for S7 edge on Verizon website as instructed by Verizon faq, I'm charged full price of S7 edge, which I refuse to pay. Here's the online chat with Verizon. I guess their website isn't really updated and ready for the exchange.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	verizonchat.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	242421
    Why don't you have to pay full price? I mean yeah there is a $100 credit from Samsung if you stick with them, but other than that I don't know what you are talking about by saying you should only pay $300 per phone. Not being a jerk, I'm just curious.
    10-16-2016 06:48 AM
    It seems you don't know about the two-year contract price that Verizon offers. $300 (or $299.99 to be precise) is the two-year contract price for a new S7 edge. The price is lower in exchange for promising to stay with Verizon for the next two years. When I purchased note 7, the two-year contract price was also $299.99. I don't see why Verizon would charge me full price while still asking me to stay in the two-year contract.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-16-2016 07:23 AM
    It seems you don't know about the two-year contract price that Verizon offers. $300 (or $299.99 to be precise) is the two-year contract price for a new S7 edge. The price is lower in exchange for promising to stay with Verizon for the next two years. When I purchased note 7, the two-year contract price was also $299.99. I don't see why Verizon would charge me full price while still asking me to stay in the two-year contract.
    Is this advertised anywhere? If you sign up for a 24 month payment plan doesn't that pretty much imply you'll be with them for 2 years? Why would anyone pay full price if you can only pay $300?
    10-16-2016 07:30 AM
    Is this advertised anywhere? If you sign up for a 24 month payment plan doesn't that pretty much imply you'll be with them for 2 years? Why would anyone pay full price if you can only pay $300?
    Yes 2 year agreements are advertised on the Verizon website.... There's 3 options depending on which plan you have..
    (1) 24 month installment agreement that can be paid off at any time.
    (2) Two year contract. You pay $299 upfront and are locked into contract for two years. If you want to upgrade or cancel before the 2 years then you pay a ETF. I believe the monthly access fee per device is higher with this option.
    (3) Full retail price
    10-16-2016 07:44 AM
    Yes 2 year agreements are advertised on the Verizon website.... There's 3 options depending on which plan you have..
    (1) 24 month installment agreement that can be paid off at any time.
    (2) Two year contract. You pay $299 upfront and are locked into contract for two years. If you want to upgrade or cancel before the 2 years then you pay a ETF. I believe the monthly access fee per device is higher with this option.
    (3) Full retail price
    Oh yeah, forgot about the monthly access fee being higher. I think the 24 month is still probably best.
    10-16-2016 07:45 AM
388 ... 678910 ...