Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for my original 2 year contract price of $299.99+tax to be credited to my account. Ordered a replacement S7 yesterday and paid 2 year contract price $199.99+tax. Called Verizon today and was put on hold for about 20 minutes and then told a manager would call me back. They were supposed to call back 3 hours ago....I'm thinking they are going to hold out on the $299 refund until they get the N7 back. Anyone else with the same issues?
I had my s7e replacement arrive at Verizon over 2 weeks ago. They said my credit would go through that week. Didn't. Called and said they'd be doing it on the 10th after my billing cycle. Still no credit. I'm about to get upset

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is Verizon pushing customers so hard to exchange Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus?

Business 101. Nothing illegal about them pushing one device over the other. I see the T-Mo store pushing one device over the other all the time when people are in the store. Its where they make commission.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Verizon wants you to handle your Note 7 return online. To start, go online and find the Verizon phone you want to replace your Note 7 with, sign in to your account and then select "upgrade" — you'll have the cost of your Note 7 placed toward the new device.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have a more complex situation or run into issues online, you can visit your nearest Verizon store, or call 1-800-922-0204 to initiate your return.[/FONT]
And if you want a refund flat out they'll do that happily

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for my original 2 year contract price of $299.99+tax to be credited to my account. Ordered a replacement S7 yesterday and paid 2 year contract price $199.99+tax. Called Verizon today and was put on hold for about 20 minutes and then told a manager would call me back. They were supposed to call back 3 hours ago....I'm thinking they are going to hold out on the $299 refund until they get the N7 back. Anyone else with the same issues?
I would say that is correct. I call last night after looking at the forum and the agent told me I would get my money back until they receive the phone which I think is unfair because their only going to want to refund it as a bill credit which means I don't have to pay my bill for 2 months. Yay me...

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 8(branding may change?), if I go to Pixel?

Do the Upgrade under the 24 month payment plan. After the device is half paid off (12 months) you can upgrade again.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Do the Upgrade under the 24 month payment plan. After the device is half paid off (12 months) you can upgrade again.

Are the Pixels Annual Upgrade Eligible? There is no mention of that on the VZW website. The S7 and S7 Edge phones were but they were taken off the list last month. The only phones I saw that were Annual Upgrade Eligible were the iPhone 7s and the Note 7 (which obviously no longer is). Needs to be AUE in order to get a free upgrade if you've paid off 50% of the cost.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
They told me same thing. But, they also refunded $20 and taxes from when I bought the N7. So, yeah, get mad, but they're not going to pay your taxes. Verizon is gonna get theirs one way or another.
Oh no they didn't refund everything. Then they have managed to botch my account and say it's past due. All cuz I went to best buy got the s7e and went to Verizon for the case. They have managed to screw up my account and claim it was past due all along. They made a $20 activation fee and a case that I charged to the account past due! They insist, while saying I couldn't charge it to the account if it was past due. DUH. Yet I charged it to the account. Smh I really think they have too many idiots that can't tie shoes. This is actually the first really bad thing since we been with Verizon.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This has been the occurrence from Verizon because they want you to be able to do your new phone online without hassle. They DO expect you to select a new phone and you will receive material to ship the phones back

I am not selecting a phone but I will still be getting a box to ship back the second phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon note 7 return

Yeah my account is clear of the note 7 but they said Samsung is supposed to be sending me a box!? I've never bought out spoken to anyone from Samsung so I found it strange.

Did you have an original Note 7? If so, did you get a box to send the first one back?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I spoke to a rep today(we know what that means) and she said That any phone can be upgraded on the EDGE plan once you hit 50% payback.

maxt_63

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a Pixel XL and the order said I'd receive a box to ship my Note7 back to them.

Now my question is do they need just the phone back? It looks like I can get some lunch money for the box on ebay, and my boss will trade me a lunch for the Spen.

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I got a refund on my n7 today. Went to best buy, picked up an s7e, got a free TV, and avoided an upgrade fee.
Did you call VZ to get the refund and then went to BestBuy? Don't you loose your number if you return the phone and dont get one from Verizon?
I ordered a black S7E but it's out of stock until 10/14 and I'm going on vacation next week... would rather take the new phone with.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you call VZ to get the refund and then went to BestBuy? Don't you loose your number if you return the phone and dont get one from Verizon?
I ordered a black S7E but it's out of stock until 10/14 and I'm going on vacation next week... would rather take the new phone with.
I told them I had a phone I'd be activating. I just returned it and drove to best buy. Was super simple.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I told them I had a phone I'd be activating. I just returned it and drove to best buy. Was super simple.

Best idea ever. They always tell me I can't leave the corporate store without having a phone activated on my account. I'll just tell them I was so excited I left my nonexistent replacement on the counter and hop across the parking lot to Best Buy hehe.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm about fed up with Verizon. My replacement note 7 refund has still not went Through even after over 2 weeks of them receiving it.

They charged me for my n7 and would be refunded when they received my temporary s7e. It was delivered over 2 weeks ago. I called them and they tried doing an account credit. I explained to them it needs to be a cc credit. They said OK it'd be done on the 10th.

Didn't happen so I called back this Tuesday. They said it'd show up by Wednesday. Still no credit.

It's been nearly 3 weeks. What the crap?

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon note 7 return

Mine looked the same but when I was in checkout for my new device there was a warning. It said if the Note 7 wasn't returned I would be charged for the full price of the phone.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site

I'm hearing a lot of different things. What I did was ordered my new phone then the next day I went to the website and talked to a rep there. All I said is "were is my credit for the Note 7? I already see a lot of people already reserved theirs." He asked me to wait a minute and when he came back he said " I put a credit on you bill for the full amount. Is there anything else I can help you with?" The credit was on the bill though not to my bank.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
They updated the recall information. If you stick with a Samsung device you now get $100 bill credit. If you have already gotten your $25, you can still get your additional $75.

Beknatok

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I after talking to my local Vzn store, I went online last night and placed an order for two Galaxy S7 Edge's to replace my two Note 7's. All silver were showing as in-stock. Opted to pay extra for expedited shipping. Per the website, it SHOULD have shipped last night and arrive this morning by 10:30AM.

Instead, the order still shows as "Processing." I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I'm okay with waiting another day. But I'm NOT okay with having paid for expedited shipping and Verizon blowing the shipping/arrival date. Am on hold with Vzn right now, to get the shipping fees refunded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC