Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
So I after talking to my local Vzn store, I went online last night and placed an order for two Galaxy S7 Edge's to replace my two Note 7's. All silver were showing as in-stock. Opted to pay extra for expedited shipping. Per the website, it SHOULD have shipped last night and arrive this morning by 10:30AM.

Instead, the order still shows as "Processing." I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I'm okay with waiting another day. But I'm NOT okay with having paid for expedited shipping and Verizon blowing the shipping/arrival date. Am on hold with Vzn right now, to get the shipping fees refunded.

Ask them if they really want the note 7's back? Or if you will be charged if you do not return them.

wenn79

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke with Verizon and they will credit your account any monies paid towards your Note7 and will credit back any fees incurred due to having to exchange your device. Additionally, Samsung is offering a $100 bill credit if you exchange your Note7 for another Samsung product. I confirmed with the Verizon representative that Verizon is collaborating with Samsung to honor the $100 credit to your bill. I have used Samsung products for a very long time and have had extremely good luck ... even my Note7 which I've had for over a month now ... I love! However, due to the recall find myself having to give it up ... I would love to hold on to it until they come out with a replacement (8) but would not want to have mine catch on fire several months down the road due to some unforeseen circumstance.

cwestly

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. I will not get credit for my original 2 year contract purchase price of $299.99+tax until Verizon receives the phone and accessories back. The rep had me print a USPS prepaid return label and said it was fine to use the box that I just received my S7 in to mail it back. Dropping it off this morning...hope the postal service takes it.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. I will not get credit for my original 2 year contract purchase price of $299.99+tax until Verizon receives the phone and accessories back. The rep had me print a USPS prepaid return label and said it was fine to use the box that I just received my S7 in to mail it back. Dropping it off this morning...hope the postal service takes it.

I wouldn't mail it back like that. I would wait for the "fire proof" box.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
As of 2 days ago, I had $0 balance on my Verizon account as I make auto payments. And I still had a $25 credit from the first recall that was going to be applied to my next bill.

My next bill just came out yesterday, the $25 credit was applied.

Unfortunately, my account then said I had $25 over due and had to be paid immediately before I could shop other phones.

It took an hour and a half chat with Verizon to get it straightened out.

Watch your credits closely to see they are being properly applied.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My next bill, after trying to get my annual upgrade back, and this whole deal is 7 cents. I think I'm going to pay that one in store.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep same here. Their system is causing my account to be past due when it's not and they can't fix it. I am ticked. This is just ridiculous. It's worse this time around.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site

I'd talk to someone else first... You're suppose to wait on the fire proof box. Also I already got my credit and I still have the phone.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Definitely DO NOT send it back like that. Follow the instructions for sending it back to the letter. The last thing you want is any sort of confusion. They will be expecting those phones back in the special boxes. You don't want a hassle in getting your refund so don't complicate things for yourself by listening to an ignorant rep. Also, you know, public safety. There's a reason they're sending the special boxes.

cwestly

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Called Verizon back and he couldn't believe what the other rep had said. He said wait for the recovery box....guess VZW will sit on my $300 for a while

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for my original 2 year contract price of $299.99+tax to be credited to my account. Ordered a replacement S7 yesterday and paid 2 year contract price $199.99+tax. Called Verizon today and was put on hold for about 20 minutes and then told a manager would call me back. They were supposed to call back 3 hours ago....I'm thinking they are going to hold out on the $299 refund until they get the N7 back. Anyone else with the same issues?
I imagine this whole cluster created in large part by Samsungs incompetence has created a lot of more work ie calls to VZW.

I do not cut any slack to Samsung on this one. They have royally messed this up my opinion. They tried to get around federal regulators which I think has ultimately come back to bite them in the rear.

My opinion has changed completely after this whole mess. This should never happened.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I after talking to my local Vzn store, I went online last night and placed an order for two Galaxy S7 Edge's to replace my two Note 7's. All silver were showing as in-stock. Opted to pay extra for expedited shipping. Per the website, it SHOULD have shipped last night and arrive this morning by 10:30AM.

Instead, the order still shows as "Processing." I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I'm okay with waiting another day. But I'm NOT okay with having paid for expedited shipping and Verizon blowing the shipping/arrival date. Am on hold with Vzn right now, to get the shipping fees refunded.
I think it shows processing until the phone has been placed into the mail and they have a tracking number.

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
really what did the cpsc do here? Act as a goverment middleman? They didnt do much at all. In fact, they could have did there job and instructed businesses that they HAD to accept the defective phones. They didnt. They pretty much echoed things after the fact.
I had a terrible time returning the first phone, Goverment doesnt get a gold star here.

Beknatok

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
really what did the cpsc do here? Act as a goverment middleman? They didnt do much at all. In fact, they could have did there job and instructed businesses that they HAD to accept the defective phones. They didnt. They pretty much echoed things after the fact.
I had a terrible time returning the first phone, Goverment doesnt get a gold star here.

Eh, the government moves at the speed of molassass. Is what it is. They've updated the recall information as of this morning, which coincides with the $100 additional "rebate" offer announcement, blah, blah, blah.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad