Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

victoriarob28

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a question maybe some of you know the answer to that have talked to Verizon. I have an S7 Edge already I ordered it and got it brand new soon as it came out. I missed having a note so when the supposedly repaired N7 came out I took a leap of faith and got one. I ordered it on 9/30/16 and it arrived last Friday on 10/7/16. That was a day after the news came out about the one on the plane catching fire. Being afraid to use it I never activated it and am still using my S7E. I tried to take it to our local store and was told they cant take it because they're not a corporate store. I'm taking it tomorrow but have decided since I already have the most advanced Samsung device I'm not going to upgrade yet. I'll just be returning the unactivated unused N7. Will I still be eligible for the credit since I won't be switching to a new device but already have a Samsung device? I think it's only fair I should since I pre-ordered the S7E and never even got to use the N7. And I took a leap of faith with Samsung despite all their earlier troubles. But I may have to just get a brand new S7E to do the credit. What's your alls opinions? I do have Verizon who's usually a bunch of ****** bags when it comes to things like this anyway.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a question maybe some of you know the answer to that have talked to Verizon. I have an S7 Edge already I ordered it and got it brand new soon as it came out. I missed having a note so when the supposedly repaired N7 came out I took a leap of faith and got one. I ordered it on 9/30/16 and it arrived last Friday on 10/7/16. That was a day after the news came out about the one on the plane catching fire. Being afraid to use it I never activated it and am still using my S7E. I tried to take it to our local store and was told they cant take it because they're not a corporate store. I'm taking it tomorrow but have decided since I already have the most advanced Samsung device I'm not going to upgrade yet. I'll just be returning the unactivated unused N7. Will I still be eligible for the credit since I won't be switching to a new device but already have a Samsung device? I think it's only fair I should since I pre-ordered the S7E and never even got to use the N7. And I took a leap of faith with Samsung despite all their earlier troubles. But I may have to just get a brand new S7E to do the credit. What's your alls opinions? I do have Verizon who's usually a bunch of ****** bags when it comes to things like this anyway.

To be honest, I don't think your eligible for any credit except maybe the $25 credit if that. The phone was never on your account so I'm not even sure how/if Verizon/Samsung considers that an inconvenience. And pre-ordering the S7edge back in February has nothing to do with nothing.
Just my opinion.....

Last edited:

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Sigh, I ordered my S7E from Best Buy today. My local store don't have silver in stock and I'm not driving around Long Island looking for one. I'll pick the free tv up tomorrow, get my case and phone delivered Tuesday and then say goodbye to my precious N7. My phone bill next month should be virtually no existent between the 100 dollar credit, refunded N7 taxes, and waved upgrade fee. Still, a sad day to be sure.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

You should be due any monies you have spent on the note 7 and maybe the $ 20 inconvenience credit. However not the $100 loyalty credit, you are not buying a new samsung phone to replace the note 7

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So, the stores won't take Note 7's anymore. So they said I'll get a box when I buy a new phone. I bought a refurbished S7 edge to use until the S8 edge comes out. I'll buy that on the annual upgrade plan since my upgrade has finally been reset after calling them. Do you think they'll eventually just send me a box since I'll be changing the active device?

Interesting tidbit: the Verizon rep tried to sell me on the Pixel. Said he thinks it's gonna be the phone of the year, knew about past Nexus devices and how you're supposed to get the quickest updates. They're really pushing that phone which is surprising to me.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I just received a "SECOND NOTICE" from Verizon to return my phone

Not sure I understand the Deadline for the bennies offered

• Place your order by this Sunday, October 16, and receive free expedited shipping
• Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or
receive a $25 bill credit if upgrading to a non-Samsung device (please allow 1-2 bill
cycles for credit to appear)

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

• Place your order by this Sunday, October 16, and receive free expedited shipping
• Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or
receive a $25 bill credit if upgrading to a non-Samsung device (please allow 1-2 bill
The notice makes no sense. It's a voluntary recall. Make it mandatory. And let me return my phone in store. I'm not mailing you a $921 phone (after tax) and hoping you receive it and credit back my credit card.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The notice makes no sense. It's a voluntary recall. Make it mandatory. And let me return my phone in store. I'm not mailing you a $921 phone (after tax) and hoping you receive it and credit back my credit card.

Check out the SUBJECT of the email ; "Second notice: please return your Galaxy Note7 now"

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Verizon credited me back the 2 monthly payments of $36 each I had paid on the phone and the phone is listed as paid off. I still currently have the phone... A couple days ago, I turned off the note 7 and just reactivated my old phone online instead of upgrading to a new one. I figured I would wait until the LG V20 is available and use my upgrade then, because it has a Micro SD card slot and I got the free promo 256gb card for my note 7 I can still use in it. So I will wait and use my upgrade then. Currently it says I'm eligible for an upgrade and I'm no longer under the 2 year contract I agreed to when I got the Note...

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Check out the SUBJECT of the email ; "Second notice: please return your Galaxy Note7 now"
Please. Not "You Must." And Verizon will not take the phone. I don't want to exchange for a phone offered through Verizon. I'll use an old Note 4 until I can get a used S7 edge for under $500 to tide me over. Take the phone. Give me my money.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering , do I have to get my Samsung replacement from Verizon or can I buy one else where to get the $100 ( $75 )

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site

I got the same msg even though I already picked my upgrade. I'm guessing since my upgrade and return box isn't here yet they think I'm keeping the phone. I'm not to worried about the credit, they already gave it to me.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Please. Not "You Must." And Verizon will not take the phone. I don't want to exchange for a phone offered through Verizon. I'll use an old Note 4 until I can get a used S7 edge for under $500 to tide me over. Take the phone. Give me my money.

I got rid of my Note 4 and just bought a NEW Note 5 from a Cell dealer on Amazon
I now see the price of the Note 5's have jumped $75 to $100 higher since I bought mine.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So... I have a Note 5 which is my pre-Note7 phone. If I switch back to that since it is a Samsung device am I entitled to the $100 or just the $25 this is a grey area. Also Verizon is not making this easy as I have a payment due for this month I cannot make the appropriate changes to "Upgrade" on their site. Any suggestions?

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
So... I have a Note 5 which is my pre-Note7 phone. If I switc3132150477h back to that since it is a Samsung device am I entitled to the $100 or just the $25 this is a grey area. Also Verizon is not making this easy as I have a payment due for this month I cannot make the appropriate changes to "Upgrade" on their site. Any suggestions?

The 100$ is only if you trade in for the s7 or s7e. You should still get the 25$ credit. When it comes to the upgrade I had the same issue but still did the upgrade, after I did it I got lucky so you might want to try it. I pre ordered the Pixel xl which dosent charge you till it ships. The next day I went back to the website and talk to a rep in chat. All I said is, When will I get my credit? I see a lot of people already got theirs. He put the credit through right then and their. My bill for this month ended up being -11$

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The 100$ is only if you trade in for the s7 or s7e. You should still get the 25$ credit.

This is the part I don't understand!

In the notice sent to me only says another Samsung :

Important information regarding your Samsung Galaxy Note7
As announced on October 10, 2016, Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are investigating reported cases involving the replacement Galaxy Note7
device. As these devices may overheat and pose a safety risk, Samsung and Verizon are
recommending that the safest course of action for customers with any version of the Galaxy
Note7 is to power down their device and replace it with another device of their choice.
We want to make this as easy as possible for you! The most efficient way for you to replace
your device is online.
Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or

• For detailed instructions and FAQs, please visit: go.vzw.com/note7faq
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

As announced on October 10, 2016, Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are investigating reported cases involving the replacement Galaxy Note7
device. As these devices may overheat and pose a safety risk, Samsung and Verizon are
recommending that the safest course of action for customers with any version of the Galaxy
Note7 is to power down their device and replace it with another device of their choice.
We want to make this as easy as possible for you! The most efficient way for you to replace
your device is online.
Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit, or

No Samsung device, or any device for that matter.... Is an upgrade.... So I'm with you Miz.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site

your device is online.

Not sure. That's what the news is saying online s7 or s7e. Either way he said he just activated his old phone. Using an old phone isn't using his upgrade or downgrade in this case.

my1december

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah that's what they told me on chat also. Bummer, my wife is going to the dark side and I wanted to keep her note.

I had three different reps tell me the exact opposite- that they are marked as paid in full and if I kept it, it was at my risk, but they would not be charging.

Last edited: