Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems you don't know about the two-year contract price that Verizon offers. $300 (or $299.99 to be precise) is the two-year contract price for a new S7 edge. The price is lower in exchange for promising to stay with Verizon for the next two years. When I purchased note 7, the two-year contract price was also $299.99. I don't see why Verizon would charge me full price while still asking me to stay in the two-year contract.

You pay $25.00 more each month on contract for access charge. If you are on device payment plan the monthly charge is $15.00. So $299.99 + $600.00 would be $899.99.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
You pay $25.00 more each month on contract for access charge. If you are on device payment plan the monthly charge is $15.00. So $299.99 + $600.00 would be $899.99.
Most of the time they lower your line Access fee. When I got my note on Month to Month they lowered it by 15%. My monthly bill ended up being less then it was when I was on the 2 year contract.

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
When I was having all my difficulties getting my correct shipping address, each online and telephone wrong order charged me immediately for my accessories, $20, plus sales tax on the new phone based on the rate of my billing address. When I finally got my order correct and phone being shipped to my current location in a store 1200 miles away, I only paid the $20 and accessories I purchased costs and no sales tax (except on the accessories). Was this an oversight or are there states with no sales tax on cell phone purchases or other reasons?? I know about rules taxing you for use in a state where your area code resides for usage, not where you actually use your phone, but do not know how this applies to a purchase and sales tax. Maybe since I purchased a phone in a state that does not contain my area code, I miss paying sales tax?? Maybe since I paid taxes on my N7, they will just refund the difference in sales tax. Ideas? Brings up an interesting point. If possible why not purchase a new phone at a Verizon store in a state that has no sales tax at all like Oregon?

Jay Xia

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site

I actually switched to 24-month payment plan after conversation with Verizon staff. When I get the first monthly bill, I'll be able to tell if this calculation is accurate.

According to the receipt, the monthly access charge for each line will be $20, not $15 as you stated.

In addition, sales tax is now calculated based on full price of $792, instead of $299.99 with two-year contract.

Last edited:

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually switched to 24-month payment plan after conversation with Verizon staff. When I get the first monthly bill, I'll be able to tell if this calculation is accurate.

According to the receipt, the monthly access charge for each line will be $20, not $15 as you stated.

In addition, sales tax is now calculated based on full price of $792, instead of $299.99 with two-year contract.

Perhaps on the new plan the access fee with device payment plan is $20.00. I am on the More Everything plan and have been paying $15.00.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Trying to upgrade to the Pixel and it's trying to charge me an upgrade fee? I thought we were exempt from that crap. Of course I can't talk to anyone there because of how late it is too :(

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh no we get charged every time we have to swap even during a so called recall. They could care less. My bill is so screwed up with Verizon it ain't even funny. I threatened to just leave because of all the crap. Of coarse there now is no record of N7 purchase. They just want to see if they can bleed us dry first. Of coarse it was the store manager that just pulled the N7 from my account and said blank em.

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Took my N7 to Verizon store yesterday for the refund. It was still turned on on because I was still trying to get my S Health backed up without having to factory rest my Gear Fit 2. They told me they were not allowed to touch the phone until it was turned off and the imbecile who was process the return was no help. So I turned off the phone and handed it to him and then he started asking about the box and all of the items in it (charger, earbuds, SD card) and I informed him that I was only told to bring the phone in for a refund and that it was my understanding that Samsung would be sending me a return shipping box. He backed off asking for the items back but then took the phone and said Verizon would return it. Strange since this didn't jive with all the communications I'd recieved from Samsung. I was kind of looking forward to getting the fireproof return box with gloves so I show my coworkers that the office was safe once again.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
So has anyone gotten a notice that Verizon will charge us if we keep the phone, but never actually upgraded to initiate the return process? I know there is a notice about being charged if it's not returned when you go to checkout with a new "upgrade". But I just reactivated an old phone, and never got any type of notice that I will be charged for it as of yet. I don't even know if they will send the return box at this point. As it stands currently, my money has already been refunded for the note and the 2 year contract has been voided. The note is no longer listed in my devices on my Verizon page. Can they even legally bill me for an item that has been recalled?

Jay Xia

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Trying to upgrade to the Pixel and it's trying to charge me an upgrade fee? I thought we were exempt from that crap. Of course I can't talk to anyone there because of how late it is too :(

Verizon charged me $20 upgrade fee for each device exchanged. Per my phone call with Verizon representative, it will be refunded in 1 or 2 billing cycles.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone gotten a notice that Verizon will charge us if we keep the phone, but never actually upgraded to initiate the return process? I know there is a notice about being charged if it's not returned when you go to checkout with a new "upgrade". But I just reactivated an old phone, and never got any type of notice that I will be charged for it as of yet. I don't even know if they will send the return box at this point. As it stands currently, my money has already been refunded for the note and the 2 year contract has been voided. The note is no longer listed in my devices on my Verizon page. Can they even legally bill me for an item that has been recalled?
Verizon says they will charge full price if not returned, but that would be illegal since it was recalled. If they charge me fine. If I pay they better leave my imei in the system on.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Verizon says they will charge full price if not returned, but that would be illegal since it was recalled. If they charge me fine. If I pay they better leave my imei in the system on.

I think if they refund you and void the contract, that frees them of any legal obligation to provide service. But let's say for whatever reason, I just decide to keep the phone and no longer have it active on their network. Maybe I want to keep it for a fancy paperweight or use it as a fire starting device during the zombie apocalypse.... So at some point Verizon says " hey wait a minute, you never returned your note 7! We have no choice but to charge you full retail price for it!" I say fine, and pay them in full 900 smackers for it. By definition of the law, wouldnt that be illegal on their part since they are now charging me for a recalled device? Now since I've been already refunded and it's no longer on their network, they've done everything in their power to free themselves of liability from it. I think that places the onus on me if I choose not to get rid of it.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I think if they refund you and void the contract, that frees them of any legal obligation to provide service. But let's say for whatever reason, I just decide to keep the phone and no longer have it active on their network. Maybe I want to keep it for a fancy paperweight or use it as a fire starting device during the zombie apocalypse.... So at some point Verizon says " hey wait a minute, you never returned your note 7! We have no choice but to charge you full retail price for it!" I say fine, and pay them in full 900 smackers for it. By definition of the law, wouldnt that be illegal on their part since they are now charging me for a recalled device? Now since I've been already refunded and it's no longer on their network, they've done everything in their power to free themselves of liability from it. I think that places the onus on me if I choose not to get rid of it.
Yes I think it does. Their own financial department said they can't charge because it's recalled even if we kept it. There also having trouble with their own employees refusing to give them up. They paid out right full price and told them to keep the money. Sad but serious when they really dont know what to do with that one. Poor lady in financial said she wasn't giving hers back period. All they can do is give refunds and say we told you to return it. It's out of their hands at that point. It will make for one rockin' mp3 paper weight though.

Younok77

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know when we get our new devices and contracts start again that if say a new note (8) comes out do we have to wait for contract to end or do we have some priority like we should to be able to purchase one?

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know when we get our new devices and contracts start again that if say a new note (8) comes out do we have to wait for contract to end or do we have some priority like we should to be able to purchase one?

I think once you agree to a new contract, you're stuck with that device until it's paid off. Exactly the reason why I chose to activate my old phone instead, so I don't have to burn my upgrade on a device I don't really want.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I think once you agree to a new contract, you're stuck with that device until it's paid off. Exactly the reason why I chose to activate my old phone instead, so I don't have to burn my upgrade on a device I don't really want.

I think most of the newer phones are eligible for an upgrade once you hit 50% of the balance paid. I think others are 75%.

Younok77

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

That's a bloody joke. Clearly we are all loyal note customers. I sold my old note 4 when I got my note 7 so I've no back up phone samsung should of at least gave all of us priority if the new note is out next year I don't know what the he'll I'm gonna do now I feel really mistreated by samsung. So now if I get a new contract and phone I can't get the new note till the contracts over even do we all clearly love the note line, they are making a right balls of this. I despise iPhones but I don't see why I should carry on giving samsung business if this is how they treat their customers I'm sure im not the only one with this problem. I'd say a lot of people sold their old phones. Lg v20, Google pixel xl, iPhone 7 plus all look like a choice to me. Well done samsung you've lost a long time loyal customer if this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's a bloody joke. Clearly we are all loyal note customers. I sold my old note 4 when I got my note 7 so I've no back up phone samsung should of at least gave all of us priority if the new note is out next year I don't know what the he'll I'm gonna do now I feel really mistreated by samsung. So now if I get a new contract and phone I can't get the new note till the contracts over even do we all clearly love the note line, they are making a right balls of this. I despise iPhones but I don't see why I should carry on giving samsung business if this is how they treat their customers I'm sure im not the only one with this problem. I'd say a lot of people sold their old phones. Lg v20, Google pixel xl, iPhone 7 plus all look like a choice to me. Well done samsung you've lost a long time loyal customer if this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately that's not a Samsung issue, that's a carrier issue. There's nothing Samsung can do about it.
I think most of the newer phones are eligible for an upgrade once you hit 50% of the balance paid. I think others are 75%.
The only phones eligible for the 50% pay off on Verizon are the new iPhones. Any other device bought on the DPP will need to be paid in full before you can upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech