Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy took my 2nd note 7 back. Refunded me my Tax money. Credited my whole account with At&t.
And made sure I was eligible for a new upgrade and I didn't own anything on the 2nd note 7 that I returned.

And gave me a gift card for like 28.00.
Couldn't of been any nicer for me.

4truegrit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This is what I want to know. And they should just send a box to everyone, not AFTER you purchase a new phone. I won't be purchasing one for months.

So after much deliberation I decided to swap my note 7. They reset my upgrade so Went online as they suggested to do my swapping out and pre-ordered the pixel XL. There was nothing when I ordered that said anything about them shipping me a special box to return my note 7? I read somewhere where somebody mentioned they will receive the box to return the note 7 along with their new phone? Not sure exactly how this is going to work don't want to just send it back and not get a refund for it. I had the Pixel XL billed to my account.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Just got a new text from Verizon about returning the Note 7. It looks like they dropped the "We strongly encourage" part. Now they just saying return and upgrade! Well guess what Verizon? I don't want to upgrade and/or sign a new contract for a new device. So now what? Still no info listed on how someone should do that.They can't force anyone to upgrade, but they sure want to make it appear as if it is your only choice. Why not post some clear, concise instructions for those who do not wish to upgrade? Such as: If you already own another device that you wish to activate, please do "X" and we will ensure a proper shipping container is sent to you so you can return your defective device. That option does not make them any money though....Screenshot_2016-10-18-17-31-04.png

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Dial 611 to get Verizon customer service, tell them you want to save your upgrade and they will send you a coded box to return the note 7 so you can get your refund.

serody

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The 32 vs 64 GB storage capacity is a big difference between S7 Edge and Note 7. There were also subtle tweaks that the Note 7 keyboard had that I liked a lot more than the S7 Edge I had for 10 days between getting my first and second Note 7 phones. Note 7 is clearly the best hardware that I've owned which includes Apple, Samsung and HTC products. Funny that despite 30-40% of Note 7 users still using their phone we've not had another combustible device in the past week.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do not hold your breath for a $1000 gift card.
It absolutely won't happen. But the S7 edge should be heavily discounted or allow an early trade for the Note 8 (or whatever it's called). I got a $25 bill credit for 4+ hours on the phone dealing with both recalls, an hour in store for the first recall, and being completely jerked around with regards to my full $921 refund. VZW will not credit my card in store with return of the phone. They process the refund when the phone arrives. What if the phone doesn't arrive? What if its lost or stolen in transit? I'm putting a $1,000 in the mailbox and then not getting my money back or having the phone. If it's recalled, I should be refunded immediately.

cwestly

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Another call to VZW today...SMH....According to the CSR there is no estimate on when they expect the fireproof boxes to be mailed to Note 7 customers. I can still not return my Note 7 to the store and I will NOT receive credit for my original purchase $300+until they receive it back...even though they have no ETA on the boxes.

Mkj3322

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You basically just have to go to the store and be extremely forceful. Argue everything they say and make the demands, otherwise they walk all over you.They have the ability to take the phone back, but they're being told not to so they can save a few bucks. If you show them you know all the details of the return, you back them into a wall and they have to take the return.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You basically just have to go to the store and be extremely forceful. Argue everything they say and make the demands, otherwise they walk all over you.They have the ability to take the phone back, but they're being told not to so they can save a few bucks. If you show them you know all the details of the return, you back them into a wall and they have to take the return.
My local store will take the phone. But they won't refund my card on the spot. They say the refund won't post until they receive it where ever it's going. And I'm not handing them the phone until they hand me a refund receipt.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
...Notice the FAQ doesn’t say a peep about just activating an old device because they don’t make any extra money that way….https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...w.verizon.com/support/samsung/&token=IvMnBGIl

I went back to my old Note 5 (which almost was given to my husband - was just finishing setting it up when this whole thing started). This is why I have called VZW and Samsung more times than I can count for this box. They each kept telling me to call the other. The box for the first recall was sent to me by VZW, shipping back to them. From what I understand this one is being shipped to Samsung....who knows.

Today I just saw this on my account altho it's dated 10/17. ("Sys Driver"...??) Not sure if this was auto generated, or if one of my zillion calls triggered it.

verizon box order - 02.JPG

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Another call to VZW today...SMH....According to the CSR there is no estimate on when they expect the fireproof boxes to be mailed to Note 7 customers. I can still not return my Note 7 to the store and I will NOT receive credit for my original purchase $300+until they receive it back...even though they have no ETA on the boxes.

My fireproof return box showed up by fedex today, that's great, but the Pixel XL I ordered to replace it won't ship until next week if I'm lucky.