Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Google is showing Verizon for that address. Which sucks, wish it was going to Samsung.

In the "2nd hand note return" thread, those are the ones being handled directly by Samsung and going to an address in Coppel, TX, which is about 30 miles away from the VZW return address in Forth Worth. I'm totally speculating, but I bet VZW is just collecting them all in one location and crossing them off a return list. Then have Samsung pick them up to take them back to their warehouse so they can get them on a slow boat back to South Korea. I'd be surprised if VZW actually even opens the special boxes to actually verify the phone is in there. It would be interesting to find out if the other carriers (sprint, T mobile, ATT) are also sending them to addresses in TX.

VannM

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
How are they tracking returns? The special box I received to return my original n7 didn't have any paperwork with it that would identify me as the sender.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
About an hour ago I received this email from VZW. A $924.48 refund???! Not credited anywhere that I can see, plus I didn't buy it outright in the first place. Also, I got the text from VZW on 9/24 that my original (which was sent back in the fireproof box) was received. Still waiting for the box for the replacement phone. No idea whatsoever what is going on!

VZW email - 10-20a.JPG

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
signed into my verizon account today, and it no longer shows that my line (the one with my note 7) is available for upgrade. there is no device payment showing and it says i am month to month. the next upgrade date is 9/20/18 weird.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
signed into my verizon account today, and it no longer shows that my line (the one with my note 7) is available for upgrade. there is no device payment showing and it says i am month to month. the next upgrade date is 9/20/18 weird.

Mine still shows its month to month and eligible for "upgrade now", but I switched back to my old phone last week and that's the only device that shows up on my account now.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Don't like having to wait 2 yrs for a upgrade with there is a recalled device.
What kind of game is Verizon playing.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Don't like having to wait 2 yrs for a upgrade with there is a recalled device.
What kind of game is Verizon playing.

ok so i looked at the billing page, and the other three phones show as $20 (as they should), but my note 7 shows as $56.
$56 is what it was before they did the recall, so for about 10 days it was showing $20 and they had refunded me all of the device payments i had made to date. now it looks like i have a device payment again

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
ok so i looked at the billing page, and the other three phones show as $20 (as they should), but my note 7 shows as $56.
$56 is what it was before they did the recall, so for about 10 days it was showing $20 and they had refunded me all of the device payments i had made to date. now it looks like i have a device payment again

ARe you still paying from month to month for the device that they asked you to turn in.
But Verizon decided to let you keep it cause they was gonna charge you for it anyway.
Man that sounds fishy.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
This is a screen shot of tge device page.
dad1369d0aebd21d1ada574e5a9ff074.jpg

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site

Well fortunately you are no longer obligated by the contract either way. So worst case scenario, you just switch to another provider to get your upgrade when you find a phone that you want (or now if you don't want to pay the $56 monthly for your recalled note).

Edit: Also, I wonder how they can even legally keep charging you monthly for a recalled item? I could see if you were leasing the phone maybe since technically it wouldn't be your property. But it says right in the monthly device payment contract terms that it is not a lease, it is a sales installment agreement...

Last edited:

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Weird I got a S7 and Pixel XL (got lucky and actually received it yesterday) with a 2 year price. Bought it over the phone. Had to call to get a fireproof box for me to send back my phones. That should be here Monday.

Weird thing is I still show both of those lines as eligible for upgrade for the 2 year price. I have had the Samsung S7 for almost a week.

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
id like you to post back when those "fireproof" boxes come. They told me I would get my box on MOnday, when I called back yesterday they said VERIZOn doesn't know when they will come.

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
id like you to post back when those "fireproof" boxes come. They told me I would get my box on MOnday, when I called back yesterday they said VERIZOn doesn't know when they will come.

I actually chatted with them on Thursday. Basically told them I am not happy keeping these time bombs in my house (to be honest not scared of them just want the price I paid back). He promised he would make the order. Within two hours of chatting got a notification from FedEx saying I had a package from Verizon that was just picked up. Shipped via FedEx 2 day with a Monday delivery.

Try chatting, worked very well for me.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I received this email from Verizon today. I did not pay full price for the NOTE .
Were you refunded whatever payments and sales tax you made for it? I wouldn't expect to see that $900, but I think this is a way of showing that they didn't charge you for the phone at all (at the original total installment plant price) to cover their ***. It is odd that it shows that the equipment as returned though. I read on another forum that a guy received an email like yours when his sales tax money was credited back. He also said he still had the note. I haven't gotten my sales tax back yet, so I'm hoping I get the same thing when that happens lol I really don't think Verizon cares about what happens with these phones if you didn't bother to upgrade with a quickness to get another kind of new phone from them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908