Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Verizon experience. Yesterday called Verizon as my latest bill got paid and included the $36 monthly fee, that on line was shown as credited berfore bill was paid. Guy immediately corrected their error and credited my next bill. Then I said from time I left store til I got home after picking up my new S 7 E, I experienced 2.4 GB of data use while the phone was updating apps and Cloud. He again apologized and upgraded my monthly availiable data and credited my account for the difference in cost. On line my next bill reflects these changes. He set up my account to go back down at my next accounting period, ie 10 days. Now the kicker. We have been told that we would be getting our Note 7 refunds in 2 or more billing cycles. Today was on line checking my credit card and found that Verizon had credited my credit card exactly to the penny I was expecting from Verizon from the Note 7 purchase-have documented it exactly. It did not include the Samsung credit for $100 as promised for staying with Verizon. I assume that will come later. I should note that I have not yet gotten a box to return my Note 7. 2 days ago I called again and was told a 2nd box would be shipped. My Note 7 was purchased after replacement phones were released after the first recall. For me Verizon seems to be supportive in this turbulent time. PS I like my S 7 E except the lack of the S pen

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Last post was long so started a new one. Verizon guy I talked to yesterday was helpful and knowledgeable. He made one statement and backed it up by saying it was a Verizon position. Verizon will be shutting off access to Note 7 phones in the near future. No specific date had been set but they see it as liability issue. He indicated they wanted to let all Note 7 users get a chance to change phones, so that is why no date is set yet.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has said there was some week batteries causing the problems.

I wished I had of kept my Note 7

Everybody was freaking out that it might catch fire.
And put their life in jepordy.
When nobody died from it.
Never heard this much excitement from the hoverboards.
Yeah, that was for the first recall. They have no clue what the problem is right now. They can't re-create it. When did you give your Note 7 up?

Oh and here's the notice people are starting to get about not being able to go above 60%. So it looks like they're not going to make it the new 100%.tapatalk_1477664338750.png

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that Verizon credited my debit card the sales tax i paid on the replacement note 7.

However my account still shows me not being able for an upgrade on the line used for replacement the note 7 (not that i want to upgrade).
I just noticed it too! I don't know if it's cause I put the S7 edge on my account or what because they didn't refund my wife's taxes yet. She still has her active.

As for the no upgrade. Call and explain what's going on so it'll at least be available when you want to use it. It's supposed to be automatic. I had to call in a few weeks ago to do it. Didn't take long at all. I still haven't used it, but that way it's there.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed it too! I don't know if it's cause I put the S7 edge on my account or what because they didn't refund my wife's taxes yet. She still has her active.

As for the no upgrade. Call and explain what's going on so it'll at least be available when you want to use it. It's supposed to be automatic. I had to call in a few weeks ago to do it. Didn't take long at all. I still haven't used it, but that way it's there.

Thanks i will. Are you still using your note 7 as your daily driver (i am mine).

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I just created this account to comment on this. I have been through a very similar experience. I went through the first recall with no issue. I brought the defective N7 in to a corporate store and exchanged it for a S7E on a two-year contract plan. The price was exactly the same (close to $400 with all the fees and taxes) so it was a one-to-one exchange. Then when the N7 became available again, I went back to the store and exchanged it back. Again one-to-one. With the final recall, I went to the store to exchange it once again for the S7E, but they were out of stock, would not take my N7, and said I couldn't even return the case for the N7.

So I got on the phone with customer service and ordered a new S7E through them, and went back in to the store and demanded to return the case. They honored it and said a box should be on the way for the N7 and that I will be credited the charge when they receive it. Waited a couple weeks... no box. Called customer service and they had to put an order though and said the box is on its way. I never recieved a tracking number so I checked online and the order was on hold. Called customer service and they told me they pushed it through. Still no tracking, order still on hold. Called customer service and they told me that the order was made in error, that the boxes would be sent automatically and that I should not have been able to place an order for the box. I was assured the box would be here last Saturday. No box.

I just got a shipping label in the mail yesterday, so I called VZW again and asked where the box is. They told me I have to talk to Samsung, and that they couldn't refund me without the phone (I understand that's how it should be- but they should allow the exchange to takle place at their store!). They transferred me to Samsung. Samsung rep said that if I they send me the box, it would go back to Samsung, and I would not be refunded. He then told me to make a conference call with VZW while he stayed on the line. I explained to VZW my situation, with both parties on the line, and the VZW guy placed an order for the box to be shipped to me. He said is a regular shipping box- no special protective layers, which I thought was weird since there is a big deal about exploding phones and whatall.

I just checked my orders online... and there is a hold on my order for the box again. Have not received a tracking number.

So yeah, there is a charge on my account for the S7E. They will not refund the N7 until they get it, but they won't take it to the store. I get conflicting information every time I call VZW, and so far I have had two orders for boxes placed on hold, and a third, vebally guaranteed to arrive last Saturday, MIA. VZW says to call Samsung. Samsung says VZW has to deal with it. Either way, it's not getting resolved.

I'm going to call VZW back and ask why the hell my order is on hold again- the order I placed with the Samsung rep on the line. If that doesn't work I might have to go back to the store and yell at somebody.

The good news is that I had them charge the S7E to my account. I'm just not going to pay them for it if they don't honor the exchange. But the bottom line is, Verizon really dropped the ball here.

It is amazing how much your experience and situation resembles mine!..Day 17 since I bought the S7 Edge and no credit still for my Note 7.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
You beat me to it...just got mine today.

Is this a credit for taxes on a monthly device payment plan or was this for 2 year agreement pricing? It seems us with the 2 year agreement prices have paid twice and can't seem to get a refund. I didn't hate Verizon until this Note 7 fiasco, but I have an extremely low view of them now.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I had a chat with Verizon about my line not showing an upgrade (see the transcript below). One odd thing was the rep said that the note 7 can not be shipped and must be returned to the store.

Verizon Service Chat Transcript You Requested
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Chat Team <VerizonWirelessChatService@touchcommerce.com>
Today at 1:07 PM
Message body

DATE/TIME: 2016-10-28 11:44:25
Chat Transcript
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted.
You : The line 999-999-9999 is not showing an upgrade available
Verizon : Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your account. How can we help you today?
You : ok
BONNIE : Hello.
You : hi
BONNIE : I would be more than happy to check for upgrade options for line 9315. May I ask your first and last name please?
You : Mr From A Buick 8
You : I have the Note 7 and I was told that I should have an upgrade available
BONNIE : Thanks a bunch, I certainly understand your concern over the Note 7 recall and needing an upgrade. Please allow me a moment to review your account detail so I can better provide the service you deserve.
You : sure
BONNIE : Thank you.
BONNIE : I see that you have not yet returned the Note 7.
You : that is correct just starting the process of looking for what phone I may want to switch to
BONNIE : When you take the Note 7 into the store to return it, the reps in the store will be able to assist you with getting another new phone. You do no have to worry about the upgrade not showing on your account.
You : that is good to know,
BONNIE : Yes. You don't have to worry about a thing. We will take care of it for you.
You : the device is not showing as having a payment plan, but it does look like the device payment is still being taken out
BONNIE : Let me check.
BONNIE : I do see that installment that was billed to you. That will be refunded once the Note 7 has been returned and processed.
BONNIE : Since our corporate office is handling all credits associated with the recall, we will need to receive the phone before we can stop the installments.
You : ok so any device payments I make while trying to decide what to switch to will be refunded?
BONNIE : Correct.
You : can I return the phone to the store I had heard that there was a special box
BONNIE : The phone must be returned to a Verizon retail or corporate store for special handling.
BONNIE : It cannot be sent back in the mail for safety reasons.
You : ok cool, did not know that thought there was a "special" box
You : one more question
BONNIE : yes?
You : if I am not able to find a phone that I want to switch to can I just return the note 7 for a refund.
BONNIE : Absolutely!!
You : cool beans
You : thanks
BONNIE : Have you seen the new Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones?
You : I have started looking at those, also the V20 I think it is called
BONNIE : Yes. They are very nice phones!
You : shame about the note 7 it is a great phone
You : you have been a lot of help thank you.
BONNIE : You're most welcome! I'm just noting your account.
You : what are you noting on there
BONNIE : Our discussion of how the Note 7 must be returned to the store and that you need not worry about the upgrade or refund.
You : ok cool thanks, you have been very helpful
BONNIE : It was my pleasure! Do you have any further questions or concerns I may assist you with?
You : not at this time
BONNIE : Thank you so much for your loyalty and having this account since August of 2012! We love our loyal customers!! And we here at Verizon value you as a customer, I have enjoyed our chat. I hope you have a great weekend! Please click on the circle with an "X" within the chat window to end this chat session. :)

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Is this a credit for taxes on a monthly device payment plan or was this for 2 year agreement pricing? It seems us with the 2 year agreement prices have paid twice and can't seem to get a refund. I didn't hate Verizon until this Note 7 fiasco, but I have an extremely low view of them now.

Have to agree with you 100%. My wife and my Note 7s were a two year contract. So we paid for that. Had to pay for a new 2 year contract price for the phones we have now. My special box with the 2 Note 7s was just delivered to Verizon. Hopefully they get it processed sometime next week so I can get my money back on those two phones. Guess time will tell.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks i will. Are you still using your note 7 as your daily driver (i am mine).
I had been up to like 3 days ago. I switched to my S7 edge to see if I could deal with going back to it. Still been playing games and such on my Note 7 at night. I'm probably going to switch back to my Note 7 this weekend though now that I've gotten my refund. I miss it lol and now there's absolutely no reason for me to send it back.

Also, I saw your other post about your chat. Didn't want to quote it because it's so long, but that was my exact same experience with chat as well. They have no clue what they're talking about. I had to actually call to get my upgrade back. The rep knew exactly what I needed and just had to find someone with the authority to do it. I'm guessing he went and got a supervisor. I had 2 Note 7s on my account and I knew they had screwed up because one line had the upgrade back and the other didn't. So if you really want your upgrade back, I would just call.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has said there was some week batteries causing the problems.

I wished I had of kept my Note 7

Everybody was freaking out that it might catch fire.
And put their life in jepordy.
When nobody died from it.
Never heard this much excitement from the hoverboards.
I think it might have more to do with a poor design and a lack of attention to quality control.

awhip1986

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Logged into my bank account today and noticed that Verizon refunded me $925. They already refunded me once when i went in for the replacement then charged the same about back. I never even gave up my replacement Note7. Looks like i get to keep my free note7 until the s8 comes out. :) :cool:

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone actually received their refund on a 2 year contract? Purchased the replacement phone on 10/11 and tried to return my Note 7. Misinformation about boxes for 2 more weeks, before I finally got my local store to accept the return on 10/26, only to find out after it was returned that the value was zero. I was told that a refund would be issued as soon as they receive the phone at the warehouse. 14 days later, still no refund or even any notations when I log into my account. Verizon can blame Samsung all they want, but this is a Verizon issue at this point.

shrxwin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Multiple contacts via online chat and 611 over the last three weeks. Stopped at the local store yesterday after reading success stories from several of you and yes, they are taking the phone in-store. I didn't have time to wait however. Got home and Voila! My magic fireproof box was finally there!

Now to wait for my credit...
Good luck to you all!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope they ain't taking em at my store. They keep telling me just to keep it and leave it off the network for a long while. They said they may not even send a box even if I keep asking. Hmmm

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Box came last Friday and I sent it to samsung Monday as per directions. Funny..I went from grief (went through two note recalls), sadness (theres nothing like the note 7!) to "let's get it over with" when I dropped it off at ups. I got a silver s7e 2 weeks ago and I'm more than OK with it. Of course I'll want the note 8 when it comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude