02-09-2017 06:31 PM
388 123 ...
tools
    Verizon wants you to handle your Note 7 return online. To start, go online and find the Verizon phone you want to replace your Note 7 with, sign in to your account and then select "upgrade" — you'll have the cost of your Note 7 placed toward the new device.
    If you have a more complex situation or run into issues online, you can visit your nearest Verizon store, or call 1-800-922-0204 to initiate your return.
    Ry and bassjo like this.
    10-12-2016 12:38 PM
    Here's response from online chat with Verizon rep (think Emperors New Groove..."Ah, how shall I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives...I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say! ")

“Once you receive your new phone you will receive a package to return your Note 7 device. You will first put the Note 7 in a static bag that comes in the package and then you will put the phone into a small box. Once done with that the small box will be placed in another inner box. This inner box will be placed in the final box which is lined with special fire-proof paper. The whole package comes with gloves for you in case of allergies to the fire proof paper.”
    Aquila and john_v like this.
    10-12-2016 12:51 PM
    My big question is what happens if I want to upgrade to the Note 8 or whatever next year; am I gonna have to pay off the phone I didn't want in the first place?
    10-12-2016 12:51 PM
    Oh and I'm leaving Sammy after Note 2, Note 4 and now Note 7. Going to the dark side...only because I want to try it on and see how it fits. I think if they design the hardware and software, fewer problems, better updates, and it's compatible with my tablet. But, oh, I will miss this beautiful N7. Best piece of tech I've ever owned. 😣😣😣
    TwitchyPuppy, wkemp21 and Denisej like this.
    10-12-2016 12:55 PM
    My big question is what happens if I want to upgrade to the Note 8 or whatever next year; am I gonna have to pay off the phone I didn't want in the first place?
    If you don't have a spare phone to use until next year then you need to get a cheap used phone In order to save your upgrade...
    10-12-2016 01:00 PM
    Oh and I'm leaving Sammy after Note 2, Note 4 and now Note 7. Going to the dark side...only because I want to try it on and see how it fits. I think if they design the hardware and software, fewer problems, better updates, and it's compatible with my tablet. But, oh, I will miss this beautiful N7. Best piece of tech I've ever owned. 😣😣😣
    Best of luck to you - we will be here if you get lost.
    ChazHawk likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:06 PM
    Well I'm ticked! They want me to pay $20 activation then taxes again! Then they don't even have any s7 or s7e in Stock and it's back ordered. Wow how much more do we have to put up with?
    10-12-2016 01:35 PM
    Well I'm ticked! They want me to pay $20 activation then taxes again! Then they don't even have any s7 or s7e in Stock and it's back ordered. Wow how much more do we have to put up with?
    They told me same thing. But, they also refunded $20 and taxes from when I bought the N7. So, yeah, get mad, but they're not going to pay your taxes. Verizon is gonna get theirs one way or another.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:39 PM
    They told me same thing. But, they also refunded $20 and taxes from when I bought the N7. So, yeah, get mad, but they're not going to pay your taxes. Verizon is gonna get theirs one way or another.
    When I bought my Note 7 I walked out of the store not paying a dime so there is nothing to be refunded to my account. Now I have to pay $80+ for a replacement. I am not too happy about that. I am willing to pay the $20 upgrade fee but $67 in taxes?
    10-12-2016 01:49 PM
    This is what I am worried about. I had an S6 before and paid it off early to get the Note 7. Now I have to give the Note 7 back and get a phone I don't really want (my S6 is already gone.) There are really no comparable phones to the Note 7 other than the S7E which is 7 months old. Both the V20 and Pixel XL lack the screen, water resistant rating, wireless charging, and they have the fingerprint reader on the back which is really dumb to me. Basically my only choice is the S7E and be stuck with a 7 month old phone for 2 years.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:56 PM
    why is Verizon pushing customers so hard to exchange Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus?

was at my Verizon corporate store again today... the same manager that I talked to previously asked me "so you're ready to turn in your Note 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus yet?" I hate iPhones, so I obviously declined. However, he told me that they have recommended that most of the walk-in customers to exchange their Note 7 for the iPhone 7Plus... and most have done so.

Is Apple taking advantage of Samsung by offering Verizon extra incentives to push iPhones to Note 7 customers? If so, is that even legal?
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:19 PM
    Maybe they make more selling the iphones....
    10-12-2016 02:26 PM
    Yep. I thought the same thing. Sounds like Apple got to Verizon first & offered them XYZ for them to basically push people into the iPhone. This would explain why Verizon isn't doing what AT&T is doing with note7 customers, which is giving them free S7s & allowing them to keep their upgrade as well. It's the only explanation.

They know that most people aren't going to want to "downgrade" into a phone that's already been out 6 months. That only really leaves the Iphone & a few phones that aren't out yet. Iphone would obviously be the next choice for a lot of people since it's the most popular. The entire situation is extremely disappointing in my opinion. And to make matters worse, Verizon is basically telling us that if we don't like it then kick rocks.
    10-12-2016 02:26 PM
    Yep. I thought the same thing. Sounds like Apple got to Verizon first & offered them XYZ for them to basically push people into the iPhone. This would explain why Verizon isn't doing what AT&T is doing with note7 customers, which is giving them free S7s & allowing them to keep their upgrade as well. It's the only explanation.
    Or its just one store with a manager who likes iPhones.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:30 PM
    If I use this free upgrade from the Note 7 debacle(it's not really free, it's just my original upgrade given back, stop kidding yourselves Verizon), what happens when the next iteration of the Note comes out? That's the platform I want. Am I locked into the Pixel for 2 years? I don't want to be stuck.
    jfs85 likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:32 PM
    Sales people get commission so they want to push the next biggest phone. Simple as that.
    Ry likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:32 PM
    Probably make more selling the iPhones.

Occam's razor applies here I think. Really no need for any fancy explanation.
    10-12-2016 02:33 PM
    Then what other reason would Verizon have to not take up Samsung on the free S7 offer?
    10-12-2016 02:33 PM
    Let me ask you... if you are the techie in the family, and everyone (parents, grandparents, siblings) go to you for tech support for their computers and phones; when they ask you what to buy what do you say?

I'll answer for you: MACS and IPHONES

Why? Because they work consistently and cleanly for 95% of the population that don't like customizing/installing/tweaking their stuff. So that manager in that VZW store knows one thing. If he pushes that iphone on a significant portion of the public, he knows that portion won't be back complaining about this or that not working. The phone simply works.

This and the fact that the stores probably get a nice incentive (by Apple) for pushing their product.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:36 PM
    Let me ask you... if you are the techie in the family, and everyone (parents, grandparents, siblings) go to you for tech support for their computers and phones; when they ask you what to buy what do you say?

I'll answer for you: MACS and IPHONES

Why? Because they work consistently and cleanly for 95% of the population that don't like customizing/installing/tweaking their stuff. So that manager in that VZW store knows one thing. If he pushes that iphone on a significant portion of the public, he knows that portion won't be back complaining about this or that not working. The phone simply works.
    My Android phones have always just worked as good as my iPhones have in the past so I fail to see your analogy. Are iPhones more user friendly? Sure -- but they aren't problem free. No piece of any tech is.
    10-12-2016 02:38 PM
    This is what I am worried about. I had an S6 before and paid it off early to get the Note 7. Now I have to give the Note 7 back and get a phone I don't really want (my S6 is already gone.) There are really no comparable phones to the Note 7 other than the S7E which is 7 months old. Both the V20 and Pixel XL lack the screen, water resistant rating, wireless charging, and they have the fingerprint reader on the back which is really dumb to me. Basically my only choice is the S7E and be stuck with a 7 month old phone for 2 years.
    So what if the S7E is 7 months old? It still has the same processor, ram (just like the V20), camera, wireless charging, and waterproofing as the Note 7. I'm fine going to the S7E (though I wish i had a fixed Note 7). The more i think about it, Samsung didn't have much reason other than timing for financial purposes to release the Note 7 as late as it did. Specs-wise it could've been released along side the S7 and S7E since there wasn't much of a significant upgrade in specs other than the updated curved screen, iris scanner and usb c connector.
    10-12-2016 02:39 PM
    I wouldn't imagine this is any sort of Verizon corporate policy because the iPhone is the phone over which Verizon has the least amount of control. And we know how Verizon LOVES control. They can't modify it or add any bloat. Something tells me Verizon would be pushing Android phones since they can gimp them whenever they want. They can take away features and control the timing and content of updates. They can't do any of this with iPhones.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:42 PM
    So what if the S7E is 7 months old? It still has the same processor, ram (just like the V20), camera, wireless charging, and waterproofing as the Note 7. I'm fine going to the S7E (though I wish i had a fixed Note 7). The more i think about it, Samsung didn't have much reason other than timing for financial purposes to release the Note 7 as late as it did. Specs-wise it could've been released along side the S7 and S7E since there wasn't much of a significant upgrade in specs other than the updated curved screen, iris scanner and usb c connector.
    The specs have "aged" well, but my issue (other than just not liking the S7E as much as the N7) is that a 7 month old phone should be discounted at this point. Not just for us, but in general. Does anybody have a guess as to when there will be sales on them? Maybe black Friday?
    jackash0912 and Harlemknight like this.
    10-12-2016 02:45 PM
    Then what other reason would Verizon have to not take up Samsung on the free S7 offer?
    At&t did not offer me a free S7, they said I could get full refund or pick any phone they offer and get or pay the difference in price. I took the refund.
    10-12-2016 02:46 PM
    Well I have had my fill of both Samsung & Verizon. I just signed up for Google's Fi service and bought the Nexus 6P straight out. If I like the service I will slowly migrate all of our devices over when I can.
    10-12-2016 02:49 PM
388 123 ...