AT&T Note Recall Thread 2.0

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[h=3][FONT=&quot]AT&T wants you to [/FONT]return your Galaxy Note 7 in a store[FONT=&quot] if at all possible. Find [/FONT]your nearest AT&T store here[FONT=&quot] and bring your Note 7 along with accessories purchased from AT&T. You'll get a new smartphone of your choice, plus a refund of the difference in cost between the phones.[/FONT][/h][FONT=&quot]If you can't get to a store, you can call 1-800-331-0500 to initiate a return. AT&T does not want you to ship your Note 7 back unsolicited.[/FONT]

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought phone at best buy. Went to att store yesterday and was told I have to take it to best buy. Went there and they said come in when v20 is out and we will take care of you. (And they would because they are awesome at my best buy)

Then I read this so I went back to the att store and they said keep your n7 till 28th and bring it in then and we will get you all set up. He gave me his card and told me to text him a couple of days before to get update on v20.

I feel a little better now

Killahhops

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade reversal At&t

Has anyone had any issue with At&T reversing your upgrade?

I returned my phone to Best Buy yesterday (took about 2 hours) and went to Sam's club to pick up an 7+ that a friend had on hold for me. I am in the process of getting the phone and it only gave the clerk the option to buy the phone at full price. I quickly told him that I just returned my Note and he instructed me to call At&t. I call At&t and they say that they have no record of me returning the phone and that I have to go back to Best Buy have them call and verify that I returned the phone.

So I get back to Best Buy and sit while the guy is on hold for 45 mins. He gets At&t on the phone and they said and I quote "Standard Upgrade: This line is not eligible for an upgrade at this time due to reaching the maximum number of installment upgrades permitted or not meeting the tenure requirement." Never heard that before, but he was able to have them reverse the upgrade or at least I thought. Left Best buy around 8:45ish last night, by the time I left Sam's club was closed (8:30)

Fast forward to today (being proactive before I go get the phone, don't want to waste anymore time) I checked my account and the upgrade is still not showing up. So I get on the chat service with At&t and they confirm that the upgrade is not available. I then ask what are the steps to getting this resolved again i get the same message "Standard Upgrade: This line is not eligible for an upgrade at this time due to reaching the maximum number of installment upgrades permitted or not meeting the tenure requirement." I let the person on the other end know that I just returned the Note 7 last night and in way shape or form am trying to game the system. They look it up and see that the phone has been returned but their system still won't process the upgrade. They put in a "case" and get this guess when my upgrade will be reversed......

Approximately October 21, 2016. :confused:

Has anybody had this issue with returning their replacement, replacement note?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had my Note 7 on a Next 30 plan, but paid it off before my first bill after I had sold my S7 Edge and iPhone 6s Plus. In the meantime I had also bought a 7 Plus from Apple and explained to them that there is no phone I want to exchange for my Note 7 as I had already had the S7e and there is really nothing else out that interests me. At first they did ask me what phone I wanted to replace the Note 7 but after my explanation the lady went to the manager and after a brief talk asked for my credit card that I used to pay off my Note 7 Next plan and refunded the full amount to it. It was an unexpectedly easy process. Was in the store less than 10 minutes.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Walked into ATT Store in Linden NJ and (SADLY) within 10 minutes had a full refund back to my credit card. The manager even apologized for all the hassle. Guess my next toy will be an V20. I'd get an iPhone 7Plus but they are nowhere to be found. Now I have to wait 2 weeks more the V20.

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Returned my replacement Note 7 to my local At&t corporate store in Racine, WI. Took 10 minutes and I got my refund no issues at all.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What if I bought mine from best buy and wanted a refund. And best buy said they'd take it back but att would charhe me full price for the phone. And what if I called att to complain and they credited me for the sales tax i paid on the phone and canceled my next plan and said "we will contact you later about how to return the phone." And what if its been a week and I've heard nothing from att and am still using the note?

What then?

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any issue with At&T reversing your upgrade?

I returned my phone to Best Buy yesterday (took about 2 hours) and went to Sam's club to pick up an 7+ that a friend had on hold for me. I am in the process of getting the phone and it only gave the clerk the option to buy the phone at full price. I quickly told him that I just returned my Note and he instructed me to call At&t. I call At&t and they say that they have no record of me returning the phone and that I have to go back to Best Buy have them call and verify that I returned the phone.

So I get back to Best Buy and sit while the guy is on hold for 45 mins. He gets At&t on the phone and they said and I quote "Standard Upgrade: This line is not eligible for an upgrade at this time due to reaching the maximum number of installment upgrades permitted or not meeting the tenure requirement." Never heard that before, but he was able to have them reverse the upgrade or at least I thought. Left Best buy around 8:45ish last night, by the time I left Sam's club was closed (8:30)

Fast forward to today (being proactive before I go get the phone, don't want to waste anymore time) I checked my account and the upgrade is still not showing up. So I get on the chat service with At&t and they confirm that the upgrade is not available. I then ask what are the steps to getting this resolved again i get the same message "Standard Upgrade: This line is not eligible for an upgrade at this time due to reaching the maximum number of installment upgrades permitted or not meeting the tenure requirement." I let the person on the other end know that I just returned the Note 7 last night and in way shape or form am trying to game the system. They look it up and see that the phone has been returned but their system still won't process the upgrade. They put in a "case" and get this guess when my upgrade will be reversed......

Approximately October 21, 2016. :confused:

Has anybody had this issue with returning their replacement, replacement note?

I was just at the AT&T store to order the iPhone 7 plus and when I receive the 7plus I can then return my note 7. The rep that helped me had to call corporate and everything was taken care of. It took about 30 minutes. I loved my Note 7 best phone ever, but I couldn't take the risk of somthing bad happening . There is nothing out that even appeals to me. Although the LG V20 looks nice but it's still not a Samsung. And it isn't out yet. I figure I could put up with the iPhone 7 plus and wait for the Note 8 when it comes out (if it ever does). My iPhone will ship between October 14 to the 18th. I ordered the jet black with 256 memory. The store rep said he thinks it will ship tomorrow. I hope it works out for you!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I did a lot of research and i just can't do an iPhone. Especially after all the customization the n7 had. This entire n7 issue sucks.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I still have it. I am going to get the v20 when it comes out. They told me to hold on to the n7 till the v20 arrives, then bring it in to make the swap.

I'm having second thoughts about the iPhone 7 plus I ordered lol. I can always take it back and get the V20. The V20 looks nice.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, the dirty deed is done. Took my beloved Note 7 back to the at&t store this afternoon and swapped it for an S7 Edge. I didn't bother to bring the box, cables, charger, or any of the other stuff that came with it, and the rep didn't care. Oddly enough, the new S7 came in a regular black Samsung box, not the blue and white abomination that the Note 7s come in.

sndtubes

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Upgrade reversal At&t

Yes! Exact problem. Finally they said it was taken care of and my upgrade was ok. Then the clerk at Best Buy scanned the phone to sell it to me and it said the phone was inly eligible for full price, no installments. He thought there was som r thing wrong with the phone. I bet not. I just got pissed and had them actuvate my old Note 4 and left. Will call AT&T Monday

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
When you bought the N7 did anyone do the BOGO galaxy promotion for the $650 credit? How was your experience returning the N7. My issue is I don't want to lose the credit but I also don't want to be stuck with an S7 or have to make the necessary payments to upgrade. I'd want to be able to upgrade when the S8 is announced, especially if the rumor of Samsung releasing an SPen variant at the same time is true. Thanks

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note Recall Thread 2.0

Went into my carrier to return my note 7 and put my Axton 7 on my acct and he reverse everything

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret