Sprint Note Return Thread 2.0

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]You can initiate a Note 7 exchange in any Sprint store, and Sprint is encouraging customers to book appointments ahead of time online to skip any potential lines. You'll be able to pick up any other Sprint phone, and be refunded the difference in purchase price if applicable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you need extra help or can't get to a Sprint store where you live, call 1-888-211-4727.[/FONT]

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm in a sticky situation where I want to get another note 5. I was 12 months into my Note 5 lease with Sprint when I sent it back to upgrade at no charge to the Note 7. I'd rather have a Note 5 than any of the other currently available options - I want my S pen lol. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a Note 5 directly from Sprint without having to reuse my upgrade. The last thing I want to do is use my upgrade on a year old phone that I had already upgraded to and made 12 payments on. Any suggestions? I'm thinking I have some maneuvering to do with customer service in my future, ugh!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Sprint Has Already Started With Ultimatums...

So if I don't return the phone in this 15 day window, I will then EVENTUALLY have to pay it once they finally kill the phone from using their network. I literally have no phone options at this point other than to reactivate an old phone. Might have to look at the Note 5.

Attachments

• 2471.jpg
    2471.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 162

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
[FONT="]You can [URL="http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note-7-exchange-process-update.htm"]initiate a Note 7 exchange in any Sprint store[/URL], and Sprint is encouraging customers to book appointments ahead of time online to skip any potential lines. You'll be able to pick up any other Sprint phone, and be refunded the difference in purchase price if applicable.[/FONT]
[FONT="]If you need extra help or can't get to a Sprint store where you live, call 1-888-211-4727.[/FONT]

People should be aware that phones on contracts can not be exchanged on contract in store. Stores can take in your Note, credit your account, and reset your contract, but they can not set you up with a new phone on contract.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
People should be aware that phones on contracts can not be exchanged on contract in store. Stores can take in your Note, credit your account, and reset your contract, but they can not set you up with a new phone on contract.

Very good info thx. I'll probably just do everything online...

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. I just did this yesterday. They refunded my Note 7 in the store and reset my upgrade eligibility. I then went home and ordered an S7 edge on contract.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I returned my Note7 to a Corporate store and put a seasonal hold on my account ,just not happy with phone choices right now going to preorder on the 21st ,so I'm managing with just a house phone kinda fell impaired but that's OK.
Today I got a email from sprint saying they haven't received my 1st recalled N7 that was sent back, however when I track it it was delivered yesterday, guess they forgot its going ground and takes longer to get there!

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Got an email saying my first note 7 hasn't been received even though it shows delivered. Also, are we allowed a full refund? I am using my old Note 4 and wanna wait till another line of Samsung phones come out.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I, like most of us, am really upset about having to give up my awesome and perfectly running replacement note 7 which I just got up and running 3 days ago. I waited for the replacement for almost 4 weeks and then 3 days after I get it this is the bs that happens. Which by the way why are we having to give up all our phones when the direct cause of the 4 or 5 replacement phones buring isn't known yet? I'd really like someone to make me understand that one.

Anyway, so again like alot of people here, I'm not happy with the choices available right now. I would get an S7edge if samsung would put a nice discount on it for us Note 7 owners and then use that until the s8edge/note 7 comes out and stay with samsung since I have been a loyal customer. If they don't I'm very seriously considering getting an Iphone 7plus. I have never wanted nor considered an Iphone for myself since my kids love em but my wife and I always stuck with the Note series. Thing is I'm pretty pissed off at samsung over this nonsense and time/money wasted. Not to mention I really really love my Note 7 and don't want to give it up but if I have to and samsung doesn't have my back in any way to keep my loyalty then I think I'm out.

I've been watching youtube reviews for the Iphone 7plus all day and it's a nice device as well. Not as nice as a Note 7 but still nice and dam fast and with long battery life and everything is smooth as silk and just works and works well. So ya I'm not happy and I wanted to get some opinions. You guys think it's wrong of me to expect samsung to offer us something toward a replacement samsung device. Hell I would even take a 200-300 discount off next years note 8 and pay full price for the s7 edge now but to pay full price and get nothing in return feels like a slap in the face for something I don't really want. Opinions?

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Very good info thx. I'll probably just do everything online...

Remember you can't do the return online. That has to go through a store. Only the stores have the fireproof return boxes.

I was finally able to get real help by emailing the address posted towards the end of the previous Sprint thread (thanks person!). I got a call from someone with real access. She ordered up an Edge for me, credited my account for the price difference, and once I get my Edge, I will drop my Note off at a store.

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Has Already Started With Ultimatums...

So if I don't return the phone in this 15 day window, I will then EVENTUALLY have to pay it once they finally kill the phone from using their network. I literally have no phone options at this point other than to reactivate an old phone. Might have to look at the Note 5.

Wait so theres a time limit to when we have to return the phone? I thought those were being waived because of it being a recall? I was gonna hold on to it till the v20 came out because i don't have a phone to go back to but I'm not trying to get charged for this.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint Has Already Started With Ultimatums...

Well I'm not willing to take that chance so I returned mine in the 14day window , and as my post above says my account is on hold without phone right now. Going for the V20
But this is like any thing else in this hole mess it depends what employee you talk too for what happens.
and the bottom line was ,my N7 worked perfect but my house and family is more important than that 1% chance of fire or injury.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
of course i go to the sprint store, and they are completely clueless, they put me on a list to call me when they figure it out.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I found a brand new edge on Swappa for $535. The Note 7 locked me into a 2 year contract and I paid around $460 with taxes and I don't want to be not eligible for upgrade when the new variation of the note I want comes out so that's why I decided to do that. The $75 difference is worth it for the difference I will save when the phone I want comes out imo. Now Before I did that I called the store I got my replacement note from to make sure I would be able to return it and she said sure no problem and my upgrade eligibility will be reset, just bring the original card you used when you placed the web order for your first note and we will refund what you paid to the card and if we can't get it on the card we will mail you a check.

My question is has anyone had any difficulty just returning the device for a full refund? I am still leary of anything sprint tells me unless it is in writing.
Also when I activate the new s7 edge i got on swappa, will i be charged an activation fee?

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Sprint is now saying you won't get a refund, only options are to buy a new phone. I don't want to use my upgrade for an inferior phone. I'm currently back with my Note 4. I'd rather use that till something better comes out. This was on a Facebook post they put out. I was told thru the phone that I wouldn't lose my upgrade. Think these people are clueless as this hasn't happened before. I'd rather pay the buy out fee and go to a different carrier if that's the case.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Sprint is now saying you won't get a refund, only options are to buy a new phone. I don't want to use my upgrade for an inferior phone. I'm currently back with my Note 4. I'd rather use that till something better comes out. This was on a Facebook post they put out. I was told thru the phone that I wouldn't lose my upgrade. Think these people are clueless as this hasn't happened before. I'd rather pay the buy out fee and go to a different carrier if that's the case.
You actually can get a refund. I just turned my phone in today for a refund. Refund should be back on my card in 7-10 days

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I don't see how the can legally force us to purchase a phone if we have another device. They are forcing us to return our Note 7's, we bought Note 7's and signed contracts based off that. If they can't give us what we paid for, we are entitled to our money back and our agreements waived that we signed upon purchasing the returned device.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Sprint user perplexed

Well here I am, having to return the Note 7 and honestly I have no clue what to do. I had an absolutely mint Note 4 that was awesome but skipped the Note 5 and wanted the Note 7 badly. Sold the Note 4 to my aging mother-in-law for $200.00 and now I have no backup. I always buy my phones on the 2 year agreements as we don't plan on switching carriers and we're on an unlimited plan. I can swap my phone for a S7E which is okay but NOT a Note 7 but then I'm stuck with having to use my upgrade. Or I can activate my MIL's old Samsung S4 and use that until the new Note 8 comes out a year from now. I'm absolutely torn on what to do.

I have looked for Note 4's because I need a SD card but mint ones are going for well over $200.00. Considered a Note 5 but, alas, there was a reason why I didn't buy one last year, no SD card.

I noticed that there aren't a lot of Sprint phones for sale on the boards nor Sprint users here. I am curious what other's are going to do since Sprint is somewhat limited on what phones you can get.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint user perplexed

Still mad about having to return my Note 7 but I don't wanna be stuck to the Sprint contract I signed to get this device so found a decent solution. Found a Silver S7 Edge on Swappa Brand New, only opened to take pics for $535 out the door. About $75 more than what I paid for the Note 7 with contract but at least I should have my eligibility reinstated when I return my Note 7 for what I paid and be able to upgrade to the 8 series Note for a contract price or installments, sprint said if I kept this contract I wouldn't be eligible to upgrade via installments when the new series comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles