Sprint Note Return Thread 2.0

oboe_chik1987

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I am going to go in and return my note 7 and reactivate my old s4 until I figure out what phone I want to get. I know they are "supposed" to wave all fees with the return but does anyone know if I will be charged another activation fee (or any other fees) when I finally decide on a phone I want down the line? I plan on asking the store rep tomorrow I just didn't know if anyone else had any ideas.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
They kept it for long term customers. I've been with Sprint since 2000. The phone was $399.99 with a $50 rebate (which I've received).
Oh ok, that explains everything. I didn't know the carriers were still doing it for long time customers.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint: Refund or forced exchange?

What is your current situation with sprint? I just spent 98 minutes on the phone where I was finally told that "per our agreement", I can not have a refund, just a replacement. But I'm welcome to try to "call Samsung and see what they will do.."

This was from a second tier supervisor who didn't know why I'd have a second Note on my account on Sept 25. *eyeroll*

Please share your steps if you've been successful getting a full refund. I will simply go back to my Note 5.

The agreement was you purchased a Note 7. If you can't keep your N7 that agreement is null and void. They can't legally force you to buy a phone you don't want. The CPSC a Government agency announced yesterday that the phone is recalled and you have to either exchange it or get a refund. The seller of the phone has to abide by that ruling. You are entitled to which ever method you prefer.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am going to go in and return my note 7 and reactivate my old s4 until I figure out what phone I want to get. I know they are "supposed" to wave all fees with the return but does anyone know if I will be charged another activation fee (or any other fees) when I finally decide on a phone I want down the line? I plan on asking the store rep tomorrow I just didn't know if anyone else had any ideas.

When i went to sprint. They will credit back everything paid toward the note7 including down payment and activation.

They also waved the sctivation for the s7 edge

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint: Refund or forced exchange?

The agreement was you purchased a Note 7. If you can't keep your N7 that agreement is null and void. They can't legally force you to buy a phone you don't want. The CPSC a Government agency announced yesterday that the phone is recalled and you have to either exchange it or get a refund. The seller of the phone has to abide by that ruling. You are entitled to which ever method you prefer.
Thank you ❤

pezdukie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Returned my phone to a corporate Sprint store today. Got a full refund and reset my upgrade/contract while I revert to my iPhone 6+. Will likely upgrade to the iPhone 7+ when I can find one. Returned the phone void of any accessories/S-pen.

Also contacted Sprint chat to get refunded on my Total Equipment Protection charges since purchasing the phone. It seemed unjust, to me, to pay for insurance on a phone that was forcibly recalled. They refunded it without question.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
On the phone with Sprint now. This crazy lady is trying to tell me if i return my phone and turn on my old Note that we will still be charges the N7 payment plan fee. I let her *** have it! She escalating me now and im on hold. What the hell! Trying to hold ppl hostage the way i see it. I dont want nothing they have to offer. I hate I sent them my N4!

Last edited:

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
im still having issues with them applying the credits to my acct.

ex. first recall, final recall, and refund of phone and fees.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
17 year customer here. After arguing with Sprint all week, and being hung up on (disconnected while on hold) and being lied to soooo many times, I finally decided to threaten to cancel. Mind you, I took a look at the other carriers and they can't come near the plan I have with Sprint..

So... long story short, after 4-5 days of calls and hours on hold -- because I don't want to use my upgrade on a S7 Edge (have one coming from eBay), and I want to try the iPhone 7+ - there are NONE in the state of Florida. . . .but the Sprint warehouse has the 256GB ones -- I had them do an upgrade override (that wasn't easy) to send me the iPhone 7+ 256GB at the 2 year contract price ($519), which is currently en route, and I will turn in my Note when I get the iPhone 7+.

Here are a few thoughts:

1) Looks like I can keep my Note 7 for the $399 (minus $50 giftcard minus $25 bill credit minus the Gear Fit 2 ($100 on eBay). Unfortunately, I've got to fly in December...so maybe I swtich over to the S7 Edge for a few days then switch back... but at that point I have 3 phones (S7 Edge from eBay, Iphone 7+ ...which I may sell for a $500+ profit) and the NOte, which may be killed soon.

2) If I turn the Note 7 in... will my upgrade be restored so that I have my upgrade back to use when the Galaxy 8 comes out? We'll see if they restore my upgrade.

This should be interesting. Stay tuned!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well Sprint finally caught up with what was going on with me ,one N7 by mail and 1 in store return ,received credit for money invested on the easy pay plan ,tax refund should show on card any day now, upgrade reset.
talked to them a couple times this week and seems that just had to let there system catch up. ended up with a $50 credit $25 for each N7 so almost worth the hassle.
Was going to pre order the LG V20 but that is a untested phone in the public eye so decided to jump ship and ordered the I Phone 7 Plus 256g in stock and will ship right away ,over this hole Samsung thing still fighting with them for my $129 insurance refund!

oboe_chik1987

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Sooooo over all of this crap

Drove an hour to a corporate store yesterday to return my note 7 and activate my old s4. They pitched a fit I didn't want to order a new phone through them but I told them like hell I was driving another 2 hours to retrieve the iphone I want when it finally comes in told them I would order online. They couldn't give my credit card a refund and are having to get a check sent for the refund of the note 7.

Went online to order the phone this morning - dumb jerks at the corporate store didn't reset my upgrade eligibility so another call in to sprint.

An hour phone call to get the upgrade eligibility reset and order the iphone - most of that was spent arguing about the fact that I will not pay an activation fee. I still ended up paying $13 for shipping that I didn't pay when I web ordered the note 7 because it wasn't worth my time to argue over $13.

Get the conformation email about the iphone ordered AND THEY ORDERED THE FRIKEN WRONG COLOR - seriously pissed im now out another $400+ (until the refund comes back for the wrong color) because they have to cancel and reorder the right color. Or at least they are trying I guess I've been on this second call for over an hour now trying again to get my upgrade eligibility reset to order the correct color friken phone.

Seriously I'm just over all this at this point. If I didn't hate my slow s4 so much I would just stay with it.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Went to try to turn in our N7's at a retail store and they wouldn't do it unless we brought it from them. Hate to go to the Corp store by me...they are rude and slow as hell. Next Corp store is over the state line. Sprint said take them to any Sprint store, and I asked do it has to be a Corp store...nope...any Sprint store. If a authorized dealer don't aheed to their carriers policys I feel they shouldn't have all the perks of a Corp store like they don't get the flagship phones or can't participate in certain promotions.

Last edited:

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Returning the phone to a store is the recall experience all over again. Even though the text I got from Sprint clearly says I can return the phone to ANY Sprint store, the employees obviously didn't get the memo.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Both N7s returned new IPhone 7 plus 256gb in hand iOS hard learning curve , eligible for upgrade , Samsung memory card arriving Friday , $50 credit on account , this hole process was stressful complete waste of time and energy.
N7 still my favorite all time phone.(glad I didn't own long enough to figure out how fragile the glass is)
Samsung owes me $129 for insurance BBB claim filed, wish I still had my perfect N4 I sold , most likely never purchase a Samsung product again because of the retailers and the process.
Possible future V20 after public testing

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I went to Corp store here in Lubbock to exchange N7 for S7 Edge. They told me I had to pay the taxes wich comes out to $63 and change said I would be reimbursed. I gotta back tomorrow with that cash! Is that what you guys are experiencing!? I just got my free Gear VR in the mail today so I figured I stick with Samsung until the new N8 next year... They are running a promo in store if you buy a S7 Edge you get $150 in accessories!

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This weekend I had to go to 2 different corporate stores to return my phone. First one did the swap to my old phone but refused to accept the return because of the contract I'm on. Second store took it back but just gave me a receipt for it and said Sprint online would credit everything back to my account since I bought it there & they would put the upgrade back on my account and cancel contract. 4 days later now so I called to check on it. My account is not showing the return to the store. Gave them my receipt number from the return & they have created a case to "look into it". They said once the device is returned on my account, it will take another 10 days for them to refund my almost $500 and reset my upgrade. I guess I'm going to be using my old Note 4 for quite awhile.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So my experience wasn't too bad I guess. Last week on friday I ordered from my Sprint corp store an iphone 7plus jet black 256gig and was told it would come in at the store in a few days. Monday of this week I got the call from the sprint store phone was in. Tuesday morning I went down to the sprint store gave back my awesome Note 7 replacement and walked out with my new iphone 7 plus. I still feel bad about giving back the replacement note 7 but this phone is a nice device in it's own way too. I'm getting used to IOS and overall I like it. It's definetly smoother and faster than the Note 7 was but that's no surprise. I still love The Note 7 but what can you do. I also sent back the orignal Note 7 via UPS ground earlier last week so both are gone. I got 2 25.00 credits on my account for the two Note 7's and that's that. Also I had a gear fit 2 from the first Note 7 and just got the email (ironically) today that I've been approved the the Gear VR for the second Note 7. So ya 2 nice Samsung accessories that I can't even use, ugh. :confused: Anyway we will see what the story is next fall when the Note 8 comes out if I go back to samsung or stay with Apple and their 10th anniversary Iphone plus etc etc.

oboe_chik1987

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my note 7 online and they said that since their credit card systems were different they would have to send me a check for the price of the note. That was a week ago and haven't recieved a check yet but they said 2-10 business days. The store was supposed to reset my upgrade eligibility but didn't so I called sprint customer service and they reset it (and that took FOREVER for them to figure out) and I got in an order for an iphone 7+ (that I had to pay for waiting for a check to come).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12