T-Mobile Note Return Thread 2.0

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm on JOD and trying not to burn a Jump until the V20 comes out but Tforce on Twitter DM is telling me that's the only way, no loaners have been approved, yet. I guess my other option is paying a restocking fee under buyers remorse and just using a phone for 14 days.

Thats not a bad idea.

and I am sure if you ***** enough they will waive that restocking fee. I mean the phone is dangerous I cant use it I had to get something until the V20 comes out, they really shouldn't charge u a restocking fee.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thats not a bad idea.

and I am sure if you ***** enough they will waive that restocking fee. I mean the phone is dangerous I cant use it I had to get something until the V20 comes out, they really shouldn't charge u a restocking fee.
I agree, they shouldn't, but I haven't been able to find anyone to notate my account that they will wave it. I could save myself $15 and do the same thing at Best Buy since their restock is $35 but doing everything at T-Mobile would just be easier.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I just dropped by a T-Mobile store. They have updated the policy and are now giving temp devices for the Note 7 of you are waiting on the V20. Two other people came in while I was there with the Note 7 as well and we were all told about the loaner or just keeping the Note 7 until the V20 launches. Everyone walked out with their Note 7.<br />
<br />
I did see the internal memo that the V20 pre-order starts on the 17th but no price. They were guessing $650 as well. I guess we will see.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just dropped by a T-Mobile store. They have updated the policy and are now giving temp devices for the Note 7 of you are waiting on the V20. Two other people came in while I was there with the Note 7 as well and we were all told about the loaner or just keeping the Note 7 until the V20 launches. Everyone walked out with their Note 7.<br />
<br />
I did see the internal memo that the V20 pre-order starts on the 17th but no price. They were guessing $650 as well. I guess we will see.

It will likely be more than that! I think ATT is selling them for $820 I read.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well still no refund today for my Note 7 i returned on Sept 14th. They said this Monday I would have it by Friday so if I don't see anything in my account then another call to Tmobile and I will be MAD. Who can I talk to about it to get the ball rolling other than the standard people at 611? I'm owed over 700 bucks still!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well still no refund today for my Note 7 i returned on Sept 14th. They said this Monday I would have it by Friday so if I don't see anything in my account then another call to Tmobile and I will be MAD. Who can I talk to about it to get the ball rolling other than the standard people at 611? I'm owed over 700 bucks still!
T-Force on Twitter. My bill just posted showing I owed over $1,000 because of all the Note 7 return, loaner, replacement mess. I contacted them on Monday about it and it's fixed as of today. So about 72 hours which is what they told me.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
The second recall just came down from the CPSC.

On T-mobile website they are now saying to return the phone ASAP.

Just got off the phone w/ Tmobile. They told me I can hang on to my note 7 until The V20 is released. There is no time limit YET for the returns so I'll wait and see. They never told me to return it ASAP. The rep even explained to me, there are so many recalls like for examples cars... we don't see people panicking and going back to the dealers. But they stressed out that you use your phone at your own risk lol!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone w/ Tmobile. They told me I can hang on to my note 7 until The V20 is released. There is no time limit YET for the returns so I'll wait and see. They never told me to return it ASAP. The rep even explained to me, there are so many recalls like for examples cars... we don't see people panicking and going back to the dealers. But they stressed out that you use your phone at your own risk lol!
Sounds like the reps in the store I visited. I even asked what it my phone suffers catastrophic failure while I'm waiting on the V20? They said we have gloves and a special box and we'll take it back under the recall regardless of condition.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Samsung website mentions getting up to a total of $100 if I exchange(d) my Note7 for another Samsung. Is T-Mobile participating in this?

Yes. We will have more details available soon, but can confirm that T-Mobile customers are included in this offer.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Recall information about the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | T-Mobile

I WOULD DEFINITELY WAIT... this is such a hassle and samsung has to compensate all note 7 owners for the trouble they've caused.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, think I'm just gonna hang on to the Note 7 until the phone I want is available. If the V20 actually is the rumored $650 price, I'm going with that. If it's the same $820 price as ATT, then I'm not sure. Maybe flip a coin to choose between it and iphone 7+. Or put aside my grudge with Samsung and get a S7E. Who knows. This is stupid. lol

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I called the tmobile sales line this time because all the stores near me ran out of the S7edge. The rep offered me a discount of $125 off of a S7edge! I got jump so my monthly will only be $26.06, instead of the $30 plus originally. On top of that, I get a bill credit of $100 from samsung if I replace my note 7 w/ another samsung! I had to add another line to get the first $125 discount and rep says I just have to cancel the newly added line and transfer the S7edge to my current line. I made sure she put notes in my account so they won't screw my billing AGAIN. The S7edge lease came to a total of $509 - $100 = $409! Plus I can upgrade 3 times a year. This is a sweet deal! I can't complain! I don't want to go to a store and do the exchange process again... I will just have to return my note 7 and completely forget this nightmare ever happened. Lol!

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully good news on pricing... Best Buy has the Sprint version listed for $30x24 months = $720. Much better than ATT. Here's hoping T-Mobile is under that as well.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I ended up buying a black S7 Edge on Swappa yesterday. No way I wanted a silver or gold one. Nothing else other than the Note is really piquing my interest atm. I'll get something more permanent down the road.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I ended up buying a black S7 Edge on Swappa yesterday. No way I wanted a silver or gold one. Nothing else other than the Note is really piquing my interest atm. I'll get something more permanent down the road.

Why don't T-Mobile sell the black version of the edge? Idgi

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Why don't T-Mobile sell the black version of the edge? Idgi

I'm assuming it has to do with keeping inventory easier to manage. Carrying all 3 colors of the Edge and regular S7 would prolly me more difficult to manage than just 2 of each. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I checked my t-mobile account on the t-mobile app to see if the $100 bill credit was applied for switching back from the Note 7 to the s7 edge. I know it won't probably show for a couple months, but I thought I'd check anyhow. Instead I see that I now have a credit of $625 applied to my account. I know this is a mistake but no amount of math, no matter how I figure it can come up to -$625. I forsee many months of me calling everytime the bill is due to get this straightened out. Anyone else have this happen?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked my t-mobile account on the t-mobile app to see if the $100 bill credit was applied for switching back from the Note 7 to the s7 edge. I know it won't probably show for a couple months, but I thought I'd check anyhow. Instead I see that I now have a credit of $625 applied to my account. I know this is a mistake but no amount of math, no matter how I figure it can come up to -$625. I forsee many months of me calling everytime the bill is due to get this straightened out. Anyone else have this happen?
Yep. A couple weeks ago after I picked up my replacement N7 (after having original N7, returning, getting S7 Edge loaner, returning that), I had over $800 credit on my account. Then my bill posted and it said I owed over $1,000. I contacted T-force on Twitter and they opened up a ticket and said give it 72 hours. About 72 hours later it was fixed. No calls, just a couple DM messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2