Who's paying for my assessories

g2manhou

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Good question. I want to know as well. I also missed out on a yacht tour while on vacation because I'm having to deal with this prior to my flight tomorrow morning to go back the U.S.

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I believe you will get $100 credit on your bill (at least on Verizon) once you exchange the phone for another Samsung, or $25 for any other phone.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping when i returned my note tomorrow they would let me return my 3 cases and wireless charger.. I have that feeling like i might out of luck idk we'll see

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
From what I understand (at least w/Verizon) they are supposed to refund your money you spent on Note 7 accessories or credit your account. This is separate from the $100 from Samsung. I haven't done it yet because the phone ((Note 5) I'm getting to replace my Note 7 won't ship from Verizon until 11/2

I also read online that Amazon would be giving refunds too

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you purchased the accessories anywhere but your carrier your SOL.

Verizon refunded me for all my accessories including the Gear S2 Classic watch.

I believe Samsung owes every Note 7 owner at least $200.00 for all this BS.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Items purchased from Amazon are being refunded or exchanged with the same product for your new device. I was refunded for the Anker adapters. The IQ Sheild protector and another protector are being exchanged for the S7E version. I'm good with that.

Not another protector, I meant a case.

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand (at least w/Verizon) they are supposed to refund your money you spent on Note 7 accessories or credit your account. This is separate from the $100 from Samsung. I haven't done it yet because the phone ((Note 5) I'm getting to replace my Note 7 won't ship from Verizon until 11/2

I also read online that Amazon would be giving refunds too

Is the Amazon thing automatic or do you have to initiate a return? I have about 7 cases and 4 packs of Anker adapters to unload.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Items purchased from Amazon are being refunded or exchanged with the same product for your new device. I was refunded for the Anker adapters. The IQ Sheild protector and another protector are being exchanged for the S7E version. I'm good with that.

Not another protector, I meant a case.

Did you contact Amazon? Shipped and sold by Amazon or third party?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you contact Amazon? Shipped and sold by Amazon or third party?

I initiated a chat with Amazon. They are refunding me. The third parties are exchanging for the screen saver and case for the device of my choice. IQ Shield said they'd do a 1 time return, but I chose to exchange. Orzly didn't give a choice, just exchange.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I initiated a chat with Amazon. They are refunding me. The third parties are exchanging for the screen saver and case for the device of my choice. IQ Shield said they'd do a 1 time return, but I chose to exchange. Orzly didn't give a choice, just exchange.

Thanks, I just sent Amazon an email. I looked up all my orders and I have roughly $124.89 worth of stuff.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I just sent Amazon an email. I looked up all my orders and I have roughly $124.89 worth of stuff.

Yes, you should recoup most if not all between refund and exchange. I hope it works out well for you.

In the chat session, he needed my order numbers and gave me the link to print a return label right then and there. For the 3rd parties he emailed them and they responded to me directly.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you should recoup most if not all between refund and exchange. I hope it works out well for you.

In the chat session, he needed my order numbers and gave me the link to print a return label right then and there. For the 3rd parties he emailed them and they responded to me directly.

I received a response back but this rep said I needed to call to "better assist me".

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You have $124.89 of Worthless plastic. :p Whats phones have you decided to go with?

I'm afraid so....still haven't made my mind up and it seems just about all of the "good" phones are out of stock and back ordered.

I just backed up the N7 so the plan is to return to a backup device sometime this weekend.