Has anyone been made to feel like a second or third rate citizen for having the note 7 and wanting a safe phone? My wife and I went into our T-mobile store to return our notes to get new phones. We are having to wait for the new phones mine due to I want the LG V20 and my wife decided to get the IPhone 7 plus but due to demand its not getting her until late November maybe December. They absolutely refused let us use even a temporary go phone unless we payed full price for it pretty much forcing us to keep a unsafe phone until the v20 and iPhone come. We have a 1 year old in the house and a second on the way and don't feel safe using it around my wife or child but don't have any other real form of communication. I feel like carriers should be doing everything possible to get the unsafe phones off the streets while making sure that the customer is happy and doesn't feel forced to get a device they don't want or feel unsafe.
    10-15-2016 04:13 PM
    The carriers are heartless, they do not care and I wish the news would make sure stories like yours are told to shame them into the right thing, remember this too, a lot of branded stores are not corporate but franchised making them care even less since they only make money on selling not service
    10-15-2016 04:32 PM
    Has anyone been made to feel like a second or third rate citizen for having the note 7 and wanting a safe phone? My wife and I went into our T-mobile store to return our notes to get new phones. We are having to wait for the new phones mine due to I want the LG V20 and my wife decided to get the IPhone 7 plus but due to demand its not getting her until late November maybe December. They absolutely refused let us use even a temporary go phone unless we payed full price for it pretty much forcing us to keep a unsafe phone until the v20 and iPhone come. We have a 1 year old in the house and a second on the way and don't feel safe using it around my wife or child but don't have any other real form of communication. I feel like carriers should be doing everything possible to get the unsafe phones off the streets while making sure that the customer is happy and doesn't feel forced to get a device they don't want or feel unsafe.
    I agree that they should have loan phones and you might be able to bother a manager until you can get one, but cheapo back up phones. I always have one because you just never know what's going to happen. You can find some super cheap phones not through T-Mobile like old Moto g or something. Just to have for a couple weeks. Probably better than keeping an unsafe phone even though it's money out of your pocket. Then you have then if anything happens in the future.
    10-15-2016 04:33 PM
    T-mobile updated the policy and should be providing you with one. The store I went to showed me the new internal memo. Now this memo did talk a lot about the V20 so maybe it was tailored toward customers wanting it but since you expressed interest in the V20, they should have offered it to you. I'd press them and get the manager involved.
    10-15-2016 05:21 PM
    The carriers are heartless, they do not care and I wish the news would make sure stories like yours are told to shame them into the right thing, remember this too, a lot of branded stores are not corporate but franchised making them care even less since they only make money on selling not service
    They've always good at service at the one I go to. When I picked up the replacement n7's they didn't have enough of the color we wanted so a rep walked over to a kiosk halfway across the mall to get another.
    10-15-2016 07:55 PM
    T-mobile updated the policy and should be providing you with one. The store I went to showed me the new internal memo. Now this memo did talk a lot about the V20 so maybe it was tailored toward customers wanting it but since you expressed interest in the V20, they should have offered it to you. I'd press them and get the manager involved.
    There were like 2 associates and a manager in on the conversation. Maybe the policy changed in the last couple of days.
    10-15-2016 07:58 PM
    The one thing I learned from all of this is to ALWAYS have a throw away phone. Luckily, I kept my N4. The N7 fiasco is unprecedented, so it calls for a little more patience. I would have bought a go phone.
    As to the safety issues...in theory, any phone CAN be a danger...
    10-27-2016 10:14 AM
    I am in the same situation as I am waiting on my iPhone 7+, too. I did tweet T-Mobile Help explaining the situation because I didn't want to get in the position where T-Mo tells me it is too late to return the Note7. They responded and said they could send me a loaner phone and place an extended buyer's remorse period. I told them no, thank you because my account has been messed up so much already. I am just hoping that nothing happens with Note7 while I wait and that the iPhone 7+ ships a lot faster than estimated.
    10-27-2016 11:34 AM
    I went without a cell phone for 10 days with this hole mess just to be done with it!
    Sent from my iPhone 7plus 256gb.
    As someone else said never get rid of the back up phone ,that was my down fall.
    So now I'm waiting for the N8 or IPhone 8 it's looking really impressive that will be next September
    10-27-2016 02:01 PM