11-06-2016 01:48 PM
66 123
tools
    Returned my Note 7 Friday night was sad to see it go. My local Best Buy didn't have the V20 in stock even though it released that day. So i reluctantly went with an S7 edge. Screen is not as bright but happy to still have wireless charging water resistance and my 256gb sd card I got with my original N7. Not sure if I want to move to a V20 when then come in stock or not. Still up in the air about the V20. I would miss the wireless charging, and water resistance too much I believe.
    Do you use the Samsung pay that is one of the biggest draws for me aside from just preferring Samsung phones anyway. I even used it at the Halloween store last night when they had this tiny little portable card slider
    10-30-2016 07:16 AM
    Do you use the Samsung pay that is one of the biggest draws for me aside from just preferring Samsung phones anyway. I even used it at the Halloween store last night when they had this tiny little portable card slider
    No tried using it a couple times with my N7 but it didn't work for me. So I abandoned it don't use it now. I will miss my N7 for a while will be hard to get over.
    10-30-2016 07:18 AM
    I finally had to say goodbye to my note 7. I went back to my note 5. The lady at Best Buy had to take it out of my hands. Sad sad day. I will get the next note that comes out no questions asked.
    I thought stores weren't taking them because they had to be shipped back in a special box. BTW, I got the Note 5, too. It's pretty cool so far. I just wish it had more storage.
    10-30-2016 08:05 AM
    I returned both of my notes 7s the first and second recall in store
    10-30-2016 08:21 AM
    About a week. I still hit the on screen back and home buttons while typing from time to time. I really like having the screen capture down there instead of pressing the power and volume down keys.
    You can change your buttons down there. I now have the " back button " on the furthest most right ahd " recent apps " on the furthest most left.

Also using Nova launcher here because it was a lot less getting used to in comparison to the LG version.

All in all I'm pleased with the V20 but I know I'll be watching for new Samsung announcements regarding their S8 line and the next Notes.
    LGman072 likes this.
    10-30-2016 08:52 AM
    You can change your buttons down there. I now have the " back button " on the furthest most right ahd " recent apps " on the furthest most left.

Also using Nova launcher here because it was a lot less getting used to in comparison to the LG version.

All in all I'm pleased with the V20 but I know I'll be watching for new Samsung announcements regarding their S8 line and the next Notes.
    What is missing if u use Nova Launcher on the V20? I dont really like LG's UI. I am very pleased with the V20. I still have my N7, the Tmobile police hasn't come for it yet.....lol. Something drastic will have to make me return it for now.
    10-30-2016 10:03 AM
    I thought stores weren't taking them because they had to be shipped back in a special box. BTW, I got the Note 5, too. It's pretty cool so far. I just wish it had more storage.
    32 gig and 64gig. Had to oder 64gig. I won't have till December. Using 32gig for now
    10-30-2016 11:22 AM
    This. I'm confused by all the people saying they "returned" their note but still have it in their possession. Am i dropping the phone off in the store, or just initiating the return in store and then having to wait for one of these fancy boxes to be delivered to me. It also sounds like people have initiated the "return," gotten their money back, and are saying they're not going to send it in when the box arrives. What exactly is the truth here?
    10-30-2016 02:25 PM
    This. I'm confused by all the people saying they "returned" their note but still have it in their possession. Am i dropping the phone off in the store, or just initiating the return in store and then having to wait for one of these fancy boxes to be delivered to me. It also sounds like people have initiated the "return," gotten their money back, and are saying they're not going to send it in when the box arrives. What exactly is the truth here?
    I walked into a local tmobile store, both recall tines, and returned it to them right then and there, getting a replacement there at the same time.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    10-30-2016 02:49 PM
    I initiated my return online and received my 64gb Note 5 two days later. This was right after the second recall. My return box may finally be arriving tomorrow. At least I can't think of anything else UPS would be delivering.
    10-30-2016 03:04 PM
    I too got a V20 today and there's things i like about it but I know I need to give it a good week or so to see if I really like it enough to keep it. I didn't return my Note, just added an additional line and accepted the fact that I'll have a restocking fee if I choose to cancel the line and keep the Note.

I can live without water resistance, I took my Note 4 with me in my pocket snowboarding weekly in the winter with no case and it never got wet enough to damage the phone. I'm willing to live with that trade off, and I haven't done wireless charging so I don't know what I'm missing with that yet
    10-30-2016 10:44 PM
    Any word on the boxes? I need my 932$ back from my note 7.. To cover the s7e that's sitting here. Its total b.s.!
    10-31-2016 09:04 AM
    I finally had to say goodbye to my note 7. I went back to my note 5. The lady at Best Buy had to take it out of my hands. Sad sad day. I will get the next note that comes out no questions asked.
    So what made you decide to finally give it up?
    10-31-2016 11:29 AM
    Risky move not to return the n7, carriers have said you will be charged full retail price if you don't, and then you have to hope they will let you return it after that. At some point the carriers will be done with the n7, then your stuck dealing direct with Samsung, and seeing how the ones that bought direct from Samsung were treated thru the whole process from the first order to the second recall, I would rather not deal with Samsung direct.

Edit.. I did receive a confirmation email confirming they received my n7, so they are tracking it.
    10-31-2016 12:01 PM
    I went with the V20 when I returned mine a couple weeks ago. Didn't like the V20 much when I first got it. I'm used to the Samsung UI. It's surely has grown on me. Love this thing now.
    Same here, took me a few days to get used to the V20, but I love it now.
    jpprice14 likes this.
    10-31-2016 01:25 PM
    Sorry you had to return yours. I am still using mine as my daily driver. The day may come where i have no choice but to turn it in, until then i will enjoy every day with this great phone.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-31-2016 01:29 PM
    I'm so very, very sorry for your loss... I added another line and got the v20 to test out while keeping mine. I just can't bring myself to turn in the Note 7. so very, very odd... I KNOW it's just a phone... but, still... <deep, deep sigh>
    nuangel2 likes this.
    10-31-2016 02:30 PM
    Risky move not to return the n7, carriers have said you will be charged full retail price if you don't, and then you have to hope they will let you return it after that. At some point the carriers will be done with the n7, then your stuck dealing direct with Samsung, and seeing how the ones that bought direct from Samsung were treated thru the whole process from the first order to the second recall, I would rather not deal with Samsung direct.

Edit.. I did receive a confirmation email confirming they received my n7, so they are tracking it.
    I think most of us are OK with paying for it. I know I am. By the time the carriers finish consulting with attorneys and get brave enough to brick our phones, the Note 8's will be out, and this will all be a distant memory. Probably worth it to them to just wait it out. If they do brick us, I have a backup phone, the v20. IMO, it's *very* nice, just not quite ready for Prime Time.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-31-2016 02:34 PM
    I just got my box today. I have been using the Pixel XL. I turned on my 7 to wipe it and it's still so pretty. This Pixel display doesn't come close to it and the Pixel in hand is not nearly as good. I was taking to my sister on the phone today and she said I don't sound clear like I did with the 7, I sound like when I had the 4. I notice people on the phone don't sound as clear either. I shall miss you note 7. Bring on the Note 8 because I will be back!
    mmsean likes this.
    10-31-2016 03:15 PM
    Did not get my box today
    11-01-2016 06:32 PM
    For anyone who got the v20 and has a gear S2 3g. Does it work?
    11-02-2016 09:22 AM
    I'm so very, very sorry for your loss... I added another line and got the v20 to test out while keeping mine. I just can't bring myself to turn in the Note 7. so very, very odd... I KNOW it's just a phone... but, still... <deep, deep sigh>
    This is exactly what I ended up doing after seeing in the V20 forum that you'd had done this as well. Still don't know if I'm ready to give up my N7, time will tell. Might just keep the additional line honestly, it's not like it's going to cost me much more monthly in the long run and I could have an additional phone number/phone to use when I don't feel like being bothered by anyone but still stay connected ๐Ÿ˜‚
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-02-2016 11:18 AM
    For anyone who got the v20 and has a gear S2 3g. Does it work?
    I haven't paired my Fit2 up yet but apparently after downloading a Samsung app from the Play Store, they work fine on the V20
    11-02-2016 11:19 AM
    My box is sitting in "Processing" state according to the Verizon web site. It's been in there since October 24th. I did get a portion of my refund to my credit card and a letter saying I will get the whole amount. The letter also says they have received my Note 7 and that's why I get the refund. It's still on my desk.
    11-02-2016 04:57 PM
    This is exactly what I ended up doing after seeing in the V20 forum that you'd had done this as well. Still don't know if I'm ready to give up my N7, time will tell. Might just keep the additional line honestly, it's not like it's going to cost me much more monthly in the long run and I could have an additional phone number/phone to use when I don't feel like being bothered by anyone but still stay connected ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I am *strongly leaning* in the direction of keeping both; same reasons as you. I am pretty well decided that I'm not giving up my Note 7 unless they brick it... Hopefully, the package disabler will keep that from happening. I did pay a cash downpayment toward the phone but I don't care. They can keep it. I'll keep MY phone. The Note 8 will be out eventually, and I'll buy it. Then all this mess will be a distant memory.

There are definitely times I *feel* like I can't do without some of its functionality/features. For example, I was at a business meeting today at a restaurant with around 20 people. Pitchers, drinks everywhere, and we are all taking notes, and I do NOT set my belongings on the floor. Wearing clothes with no pockets... phone had to sit on the table today. Couldn't focus on the meeting because all I could think about is someone knocking a drink or pitcher over on this v20 that I still have 9 days to return... Wouldn't have given it a second thought with the Note 7. I also live/work on a river and in a very humid environment.

But why did I take it today instead of the Note 7??? the music, baby!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-02-2016 05:53 PM
66 123